Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Don't have too much time to look at the link so maybe it's explained there, but Sideways takes place in the main present day canon right? I wonder what's going on here.

If it takes place in the past, I'd be overjoyed that Morrison's Action run is canon again for Superman's early days. And more Morrison on Superman is always a great thing.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Don't have too much time to look at the link so maybe it's explained there, but Sideways takes place in the main present day canon right? I wonder what's going on here.

If it takes place in the past, I'd be overjoyed that Morrison's Action run is canon again for Superman's early days. And more Morrison on Superman is always a great thing.
    Yes it is in the present DC canon. I really doubt it's set in the past and this shirt and jeans Superman is an alternate version.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yes it is in the present DC canon. I really doubt it's set in the past and this shirt and jeans Superman is an alternate version.
    It's Morrison. Just watch him make it all fit.

I know absolutely nothing about Sideways and the lore since I've paid no attention to the New Age of Heroes...is there anything about the guy that would make a multiversal/hypertime situation intrinsically make sense? Just curious of how this will come about. Sounds interesting indeed, though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about Sideways and the lore since I've paid no attention to the New Age of Heroes...is there anything about the guy that would make a multiversal/hypertime situation intrinsically make sense? Just curious of how this will come about. Sounds interesting indeed, though.
    Sideways's power is to create portals that can take him anywhere and allegedly they were the source of some sort of inter-dimensional instability. But a character named Tempus Fuginaut who tried to kill him to end the instabilities realised he wasn't the source and decided to train him possibly allowing him to access the Dark Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's Morrison. Just watch him make it all fit.
    The man is the King of Meta Commentary.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-29-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Interesting indeed, thanks for the rundown. That definitely piques my interest that this could be the "genuine" New 52 Superman or a close copy that exists somewhere out there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Interesting indeed, thanks for the rundown. That definitely piques my interest that this could be the "genuine" New 52 Superman or a close copy that exists somewhere out there.
    You're most welcome also the Dark Multiverse was supposed to be this place where nightmares are born. You'd think this jeans and T-shirt Superman would be a bad version but it doesn't look like it's the case.

I wonder if maybe some worlds from the "normal" multiverse have got sucked into the Dark Multiverse somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You're most welcome also the Dark Multiverse was supposed to be this place where nightmares are born. You'd think this jeans and T-shirt Superman would be a bad version but it doesn't look like it's the case.
    Technically speaking, the Dark Multiverse is made of the nightmares and dreams of the normal Multiverse if I remember right so there should be both beauty and horror in there

I wonder if maybe some worlds from the "normal" multiverse have got sucked into the Dark Multiverse somehow.
    Could be considering how the League broke the Source Wall it might not be farfetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Technically speaking, the Dark Multiverse is made of the nightmares and dreams of the normal Multiverse if I remember right so there should be both beauty and horror in there
    No the Dark Multiverse was originally a place where worlds formed from the dreams of the people of the main multiverse were born until the Barbatos the guardian of the Forge that is responsible for making the worlds killed is master and took it over darkening the Forge resulting in nightmare worlds being made. The Forge shoudl have been relight though allowing dream worlds to exist once more.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-29-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This looks awesome. Time to catch up on Sideways

Awesome news! I loved t shirt and jeans, blue collar Superman. I hope this is back in continuity. New 52 Supes was supposed to be meshed with pre-Flashpoint to create the Rebirth incarnation, but it seems like a very small percentage of New 52 survived. I would be so happy if this was officially his Year One look again.

I guess this is the closest we’ll get to a Superman/Spider-Man team for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This looks awesome. Time to catch up on Sideways
    The book has been surprisingly fun. The issue that Didio and Jordan didn’t write weren’t that good but the rest has been enjoyable.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Awesome news! I loved t shirt and jeans, blue collar Superman. I hope this is back in continuity. New 52 Supes was supposed to be meshed with pre-Flashpoint to create the Rebirth incarnation, but it seems like a very small percentage of New 52 survived. I would be so happy if this was officially his Year One look again.

I guess this is the closest we’ll get to a Superman/Spider-Man team for the foreseeable future.

The book has been surprisingly fun. The issue that Didio and Jordan didn’t write weren’t that good but the rest has been enjoyable.
    Thanks for the tip on Sideways.

I too would love to see elements of Morrison's Superman incorporated more explicitly into the current model.

There are no words.

Thank you Sideways! I knew that book wouldn't let me down!

I am so all over this.

And Sacred, I think you'd enjoy Sideways. That, Terrifics, and Unexpected are definitely up my alley, and your alley seems to run parallel to mine. Give them a shot if you have the extra time and money. Sideways introduces some very Morrison-ish concepts, Terrifics is nothing but big, high concept stuff (very FF like, obviously) and Unexpected is......it reminds me greatly of Morrison's Seven Soldiers, only these people actually know each other.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hard pass on the return of Nuperman.