Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So is The Annual the last we'll see of this Superman?

That’s what I figured. Morrison has to be as done with Supes and Bats as Johns is with GL. It’s nice to have him write a farewell to an incarnation of the character he helped create, but anyone who thought he was going to keep writing him was kidding themselves. Grant wrote a “birth” and a “death” for both Superman and Batman, he’s finished their stories on his end.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

why are we phasing Kal out again? it doesn't have to be Morrison, it can be Pak or Luen Yang?
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    why are we phasing Kal out again? it doesn't have to be Morrison, it can be Pak or Luen Yang?
    Pak’s at Marvel. Yang’s working on his Superman vs. the Klan book. I really doubt Morrison is going to kill this Superman off, but there simply is no plan to use him beyond this story. Why? Maybe for the same reason Wally West never got a Flash book, DC doesn’t want to divide the fan base, or maybe they never intended to utilize this Superman beyond this one story.

Fantastic, so this was all just to quickly kill him off again. I'm not interested in a goddamn farewell. We had a "farewell" a couple years ago. Idiotic waste of time getting some people's hopes up like this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Did anyone else ever write T-shirt and jeans Superman besides Morrison? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Did anyone else ever write T-shirt and jeans Superman besides Morrison? I can't remember.
    The Truth era had him in t-shirt and jeans but few people look back on that time fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Greg Pak did, in his first run on Action Comics.
    Pull-List:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Truth era had him in t-shirt and jeans but few people look back on that time fondly.
    Truth was the worst Superman story I had ever come across.

Pak wrote the legitimate first year New 52 Superman in the first issue of his run, which was a flashback taking place in Gotham during the Zero Year period.

Goddamn am I disappointed and pissed off right now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Greg Pak did, in his first run on Action Comics.
    I never know who wrote what beyond Morrison's AC since that's at the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pak’s at Marvel. Yang’s working on his Superman vs. the Klan book. I really doubt Morrison is going to kill this Superman off, but there simply is no plan to use him beyond this story. Why? Maybe for the same reason Wally West never got a Flash book, DC doesn’t want to divide the fan base, or maybe they never intended to utilize this Superman beyond this one story.
    They've already divided the Flash fanbase the moment they brought back redhead Caucasian Wally to begin win, just as they did when they offed Nupes the first time before the merger.
    Pull-List:

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pak wrote the legitimate first year New 52 Superman in the first issue of his run, which was a flashback taking place in Gotham during the Zero Year period.

Goddamn am I disappointed and pissed off right now.
    I really would wait till the issue comes out to be so upset..be optimistic.

I'd like to be, I'm just not seeing many other interpretations of the term farewell, especially in connotation with the solicit of the upcoming issue. Maybe they'll leave it open ended, that'd be something even if they have absolutely no intention to utilize him ever again. But its hard to be optimistic. Its just an interview, interviews have been deceiving before, I guess I can hang my hat on that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-06-2018 at 12:14 PM.

They've already divided the Flash fanbase the moment they brought back redhead Caucasian Wally to begin win, just as they did when they offed Nupes the first time before the merger.
    Heh I never claimed DC was all that bright.