Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

New Age of DC Heroes panel

"DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio announced at Comic-Con International that he has big plans in store for Sideways, which include bringing on Grant Morrison as a co-writer for the Sideways Annual and introducing Silver Age concepts and characters that have been corrupted by the Dark Multiverse."

DiDio: “I’m about to push Sideways into the Dark Multiverse. This book has lots of ties to Metal, so we slide into the Dark Multiverse…in Sideways we’re going to see the dark version of Superman characters. What’s the dark version of Porcupine Jimmy Olson or Lori Lemaris?

Also an appearance from “Super Brain Lois Lane.”

So, I guess until the issue out and in everyone's hand, it's still a bit up-in-the-air if the Superman on the cover is a hero or at least will remain one till the end. Personally, I'm pretty interested either way. With Morrison's addition, I can't really wait to see dark versions of Porcupine Jimmy Olson, Lori Lemaris, and Super Brain Lois Lane.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-05-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Lori, hooray.

Odd thing is this would line up frighteningly well with my theory that the original Earth-One was lost after the first Crisis and pulled into the Dark Multiverse. What with the specific notion of exploring the dark elements of Superman's Silver Age concepts. That's all Earth-One. Maybe its Superman is just too damn good to be corrupted.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What, no lion headed Superman?
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This sounds like such a cool concept. Can't wait to read it.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Comet shows his true colors, finally.

What I really want though is to set up a mystery of who the t-shirt and jeans Superman is. If he's not distorted (and he certainly doesn't look it, he's just a normal Action-Vol 2-looking Superman), and thus if he doesn't "fit" and its made a point of, it'll get me perked up because of where it could lead.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All of those look badass. I’m glad we’re getting some Dark Multiverse Supercharacters that aren’t just fascist Supermen.

Damn... a reference to Werewolf The Apocalypse (or was it The Forsaken) from Rocarfort for Werewolf Jimmy Olsen... just for it, I need to buy those issues !

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    New Age of DC Heroes panel

"DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio announced at Comic-Con International that he has big plans in store for Sideways, which include bringing on Grant Morrison as a co-writer for the Sideways Annual and introducing Silver Age concepts and characters that have been corrupted by the Dark Multiverse."

DiDio: “I’m about to push Sideways into the Dark Multiverse. This book has lots of ties to Metal, so we slide into the Dark Multiverse…in Sideways we’re going to see the dark version of Superman characters. What’s the dark version of Porcupine Jimmy Olson or Lori Lemaris?

Also an appearance from “Super Brain Lois Lane.”

So, I guess until the issue out and in everyone's hand, it's still a bit up-in-the-air if the Superman on the cover is a hero or at least will remain on till the end. Personally, I'm pretty interested either way. With Morrison's addition, I can't really wait to see dark versions of Porcupine Jimmy Olson, Lori Lemaris, and Super Brain Lois Lane.
    I will be here, I am sideways fan.. SUPER BRAIN LOIS LANE.. This mades me remember this..

Lois Lane Brainiac.jpg

I really miss this Superman. I hope he gets his own ongoing. It could be set in another Earth, Timeline, whatever ... I'd check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    The fuller powerset thing is just my personal preference. I'd say the bigger issue would be reconciling the rougher more aggressive social crusader Superman with the older calmer traditional Superman. That never worked in the New 52 when writers chose to write New 52 Superman closer to his classic personality. I did like or at least respect how Morrison wrote Jeans & T-shirt Superman even if I didn't agree with all his actions and dialogue but Morrison's origin doesn't fit with the character's direction anymore. There's no connection between the two versions nor indication that Jeans & T-shirt Nuperman could become the classical Superman.
    So you want a guy in his twenties to act exactly like a thirty year old? Why would he do that? We act how we act because of LIFE experience. Clark wouldn't HAVE the life experience to act like a more season Superman because he's NOT SEASONED YET. The Dude was 22 when he started and still coming to terms with the Death of his Parents. That Matters. Five years later he's more seasoned and he started a relationship with Wonder Woman. He's less Brass and more thoughtful. Classic Superman was thirty two meaning New 52 Superman still had Five years to get to that point. Who knows what would have happened in that span of time. Five years is a Long time. They had the time, The Problem is is that they wanted to Rush things to get to cram peoples favorite characters in right away instead of letting the timeline catch back up to where it was before Flashpoint. That's Poor planning 101. Only the Titan characters should have been around after the Fives years later time skip Not Superboy, Red Robin or Cassie and Especially not Damien. After the Next Time skip then the Young Justice Crew should have been around and you'd hear about Superman Dying and his Marriage to Lois (Or Not ) I swear People want things Now Now Now too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Comet shows his true colors, finally.
    Reminds me of how the Centaurs were in New 52 Wonder Woman.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    So you want a guy in his twenties to act exactly like a thirty year old? Why would he do that? We act how we act because of LIFE experience. Clark wouldn't HAVE the life experience to act like a more season Superman because he's NOT SEASONED YET. The Dude was 22 when he started and still coming to terms with the Death of his Parents. That Matters. .
    I am of the same thinking. While it seems DC intends to make the T-shirt & jeans period a separate incarnation of Superman that exists within the Multiverse rather than a brief period of Earth-0's Superman's younger years, I don't see any reason why they couldn't have incorporated this into the reconstructed Superman that emerged from Superman Reborn. Morrison's rough n' tumble version was such a nice update of the scrappy Seigel & Shuster Superman of his earliest days.

Well, irregardless of what DC Editorial decides, they'll always be a few months in my own personal head canon wherein 18 year old Clark Kent leaves Smallville right after the death of Pa Kent (Ma lives!) to fight for Truth & Justice in a T-shirt, jeans & his cape with the more limited power set, perhaps due to the emotional distress caused by Pa's death or maybe due to his final battle alongside the LSH in the future, and begins working for the Daily Star with George Taylor before he debuts publicly in his classic duds during his first day at the Daily Planet with his former rivals, Lois & Jimmy