Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's nice to finally see Cheetah on a top 10 list from a a DC writer for a change.

And she's officially faster than Wonder Woman, so we have her major advantage against Diana in a fight confirmed, at least for a little while. No more "Cheetah is not a challenge for Wonder Woman!" nonsense, or at least it will hopefully dwindle for a bit.

Yes, that and she rarely encounters him, so it's a moot point anyway.
    Much as I like and generally agree with this list, it's not exactly 'official' as I understand it. Just one writer's awesome opinion

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Much as I like and generally agree with this list, it's not exactly 'official' as I understand it. Just one writer's awesome opinion
    True. Even if it were "official", it would only be set in stone until the next list comes along lol.

BANNED

Sheesh... What happened to the Black Racer? He looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sheesh... What happened to the Black Racer? He looks ridiculous.
    Geoff Johns darkseid war thing happened

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's nice to finally see Cheetah on a top 10 list from a a DC writer for a change.

And she's officially faster than Wonder Woman, so we have her major advantage against Diana in a fight confirmed, at least for a little while. No more "Cheetah is not a challenge for Wonder Woman!" nonsense, or at least it will hopefully dwindle for a bit.
    I'll believe it when I see it. That list had some hyperbole statements and is in my opinion is missing a lot of people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Geoff Johns darkseid war thing happened
    *googles*

Mmm'kay. Doesn't look that bad when drawn by that artist.

Fantastic Member

WW is extremely fast for almost anything, but that goes out of the door when dealing with Superman and Flash. I certainly hope that PJ will be directorally told not to have her "power down" for her powers to make sense of JL.

Amazing Member

Why should she be slower when she has godly powers of Hermes(The god of speed)?

So WW can't "move" fast but can react fast? What's the use of detecting lightspeed if you can't move fast enough to react to it? What's the use of having "skill" if your opponent is too fast for the skill to be effectual?

WW should be at least DBZ fast with superior fighting skills.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tee29 View Post
    Why should she be slower when she has godly powers of Hermes(The god of speed)?
    In the DCU, nobody has any business being faster than the three fastest Flashes.
    The Black Racer and Cheetah also have godly powers. Also, Hermes isn't actually the god of speed, it's just a power he has. He covers trade, thieves, messenger, athletes, sometimes healing...

Superman is... yeah, I got nothing, he should be a lot slower.

So WW can't "move" fast...
    Faster than Shazam (speed of Mercury) and some Flashes.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-05-2018 at 03:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    There is also the question of what is meant by "speed". Is it simply movement, and if so, where and how? Is it speed of reaction? Acceleration versus top speed? And then you can enter questions about control, how able is the character to manipulate or grab stuff that move quickly, or when the character is moving quickly?
    Just like gravity, the actual definition of speed is disputed if it is convenient to do so.

Dexterity (accuracy and precision, particularly manual/digital with the hands/limbs), Agility (overall range of movement and bodily flexibility), Reflexes (reaction-time and coordinated response mechanisms using spatial awareness) and Velocity (travel-speed and peak acceleration) are only vaguely related.

Yet often in fiction and to comic book fans generally, they are all mixed up into, er, "superspeed" or something. Which isn't actually a thing.