Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default How fast is wonder woman ?

I was just thinking I saw a post on Bleeding cool about both Flash's are faster than Superman.and I can totally get that.but problem is if you're a GOD shouldn't you be more Faster than a mortal leading to this observation that Diana AKA Wonder Woman.either if she was sculpted from clay n gifted with the powers of the gods or if she was the child of Zeus.it's always been said that she was stronger than Hercules and faster than Hermes or Mercury whichever one you choose to use.so that being said shouldn't she be faster than Superman and equal in speed to the Flash cause to my knowledge the flash is only mortal were as she is a Demi Goddess

BANNED

My Wonder Woman is Superman fast.

My Superman is maybe 30% of Flash fast.

In Diana's world, I put from the fastest to fastest least fast:

Flash (and a bunch of his family of characters)
    Cheetah
    Superman/Supergirl
    Wonder Woman

I'd probably make Diana just slightly under Superman and Supergirl. She has so many amazing powers and strengths, that I don't see it particularly bad to give the Kryptonians a slight speed advantage.

I also like amping up the Cheetah, considering her prominence as a Wonder villain and abilities as a demigod. Speed and agility should be a considerable power of hers and something that should frighten the Flash, Kryptonians, and Amazons alike.

I'm curious what the speed of Hermes constituted/meant in ancient times (speed of an arrow? speed of sound? speed of light?), considering the fastest you could possible travel (non-magically or Speed Force-ly) then was on horseback or by sea or river (with an exceptional strong current.) Anything faster than that would probably appear incredibly fast to people living in antiquity.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-29-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Cheetah should be able to have short burst of speed that can out speed any of the flash members.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Cheetah should be able to have short burst of speed that can out speed any of the flash members.
    Cheetah should have short bursts of way way way faster than light speed?

There is also the question of what is meant by "speed". Is it simply movement, and if so, where and how? Is it speed of reaction? Acceleration versus top speed? And then you can enter questions about control, how able is the character to manipulate or grab stuff that move quickly, or when the character is moving quickly?

We know Wonder Woman has enough reaction speed to parry or move out of the way of bullets (that's about Mach 3). In comparison, Flash can likely grab a bullet in flight, not simply block it, implying higher control. For Superman, I'd put him similar to Wonder Woman, or perhaps even a little slower.

To continue, Flash can't fly, while Superman and Wonder Woman can. I imagine Superman and Wonder Woman have about the same top running speed, but Flash would easily lap them both. For flying, I think Wonder Woman isn't that fast, while Superman flying in a straight direction would move faster than Flash (on the other hand, Superman would be headed straight into space and away from orbit at that point, while Flash would still be moving towards his target on Earth).

I can see Cheetah having a similar reaction speed as Flash, but top running speed and acceleration that's similar to Wonder Woman and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Cheetah should have short bursts of way way way faster than light speed?
    Not sure I just mean in their regular speed force. It would be interesting to see if Cheetah could tap in but that's just a flash family thing.

Mighty Member

Around as fast as Superman(slower than Flash), with higher reaction speed and bursts but lower travel speed.

Cheetah should have bursts at least as fast as Flash.

Supergirl would be probably a bit slower.

BANNED

Not sure I just mean in their regular speed force. It would be interesting to see if Cheetah could tap in but that's just a flash family thing.
    I think you have an incorrect notion of what the Speed Force does.

And "faster than the Flash at 'regular' speed" isn't going to outrace any Flash, or even some regular versions of Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Around as fast as Superman...
    Supergirl would be probably a bit slower.
    Why would she be slower?

do how does the speed force work? And how fast should the cheetah be? All I mean when Flash is running at his generally speed she can ambush him.(do the flashes even have regular speed ? I mean how fast do they generally go?

BANNED

do the flashes even have regular speed ?
    Not really.
    I mean how fast do they generally go?
    Literally as fast as the plot requires.
    There is not a real limit.

And again, faster than the Flash at "regular" catching bankrobbers speed is not going to be enough to actually be faster than any Flash who is actually making a token effort.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She should be as fast as Superman and Supergirl, slower than Cheetah and all four of them should be slower than a Flash.

I know it's long been a back and forth battle between writers to the point that one writer even had Batman implying that Wonder Woiman's combat speed is greater but Superman's travel speed is greater. But you can find evidence to support whatever you want from different writers.

In my head canon, Wonder Woman is or should be a little faster in combat speed, enough that, combined with greater combat skills, she and Superman are equal in a fight due to his strength and durability advantages (which I realize is yet another argument).

The Flash is a little faster than either of them both in combat and travel speed but not hugely faster especially if he still has advantages like the Infinite Mass Punch, the speed steal and the phasing and invisibility tricks he always had.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

As fast as the writer wants her to be.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Cheetah should absolutely have the fastest zero-to-lightspeed (or whatever) acceleration time, unless someone can come up with a good counter argument

In other words, even though Flash is faster over long distances and can accelerate up to a higher maximum speed, Cheetah can take him in a short burst of speed

When people say that Usain Bolt is the fastest man alive, they mean the fastest in the 100m dash. Mo Farah is faster than Usain Bolt in the 5000m. Likewise, a gazelle can outrun a cheetah in a long distance race, in fact they do sometimes, if cheetahs don't catch their quarry within the first 20 seconds of the chase, they get away
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 06-29-2018 at 05:39 PM.