Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cloud 9 Should marvel bring her back?

Should marvel bring back cloud 9? I really liked her in AI and would love to see her used in champions or new warriors, or west coast avengers or runaways.

She has fun powers and was the main hero in a bunch of the AI book plus was in lego avengers.

Should marvel bring her back? Maybe give her a try out one shot? What do you guys think?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

There's not many characters from Avengers: the Initiative that I wouldn't want to see used again! Cloud 9 wasn't one of my most very favorites, but I definitely liked the character and would be happy if a writer brought her back into the spotlight.

However, I wouldn't want her original stories to be glossed over: being a superhero was never something she wanted to do, and while she did gain a great sense of responsibility, seeing her as a gung-ho hero wouldn't sit well with me - not until some new stories established a change in perspective, anyway!

-Pav, who really wants to see Trauma again...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I'd rather see Armory. there might be more drama, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    There's not many characters from Avengers: the Initiative that I wouldn't want to see used again! Cloud 9 wasn't one of my most very favorites, but I definitely liked the character and would be happy if a writer brought her back into the spotlight.

However, I wouldn't want her original stories to be glossed over: being a superhero was never something she wanted to do, and while she did gain a great sense of responsibility, seeing her as a gung-ho hero wouldn't sit well with me - not until some new stories established a change in perspective, anyway!

I agree with this.

I actually like the concept of Cloud 9. The whole idea of the young girl who wanted nothing more than to be left and peace and legally fly. However, to do so under the Registration Act she would be forced to become a skilled Sniper Assassin. It's a concept that could get some movement for sure.

But I too wouldn't want it to be glossed over that she hates what she does and instead would just want to fly. I couldn't see her on any team or appearing in anyones title as a hero. She would need some mini or solo where she explains that the Avengers Initiative forced her to stay in the Assassin or Hero game , destroying her life, and is now seeking some way out or something.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-29-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

A lot of people "don't want to be heroes." but fate can be a hard mistress! Sometimes you don't get to choose. Plus is runaways a team or a group of teens hanging out? It would be a waste to not use her or the other AI members.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Agree with you here. I'd love if they bring back characters like her and Trauma. AI had so many cool characters that writers seem to forget about. Slott is bringing back The Gauntlet back in Tony Stark: Iron Man.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-01-2018 at 01:59 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    A lot of people "don't want to be heroes." but fate can be a hard mistress! Sometimes you don't get to choose. Plus is runaways a team or a group of teens hanging out? It would be a waste to not use her or the other AI members.
    They're more like a family.

Cloud 9 cameoed in Iron Man 600... I wonder if anyone will pick up on the da Vinci's SHIELD storyline Bendis set up?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes. It's criminal how many cool characters from IA and other somewhat recent books Marvel ignores.
    I think she could be a cool addition to a new Secret Warriors. Quake, Yo-Yo, Robbie Ghost Rider, Cloud-9, Boom Boom, Druid etc

what are her exact powers and how did she get them?

how high can she fly? regarding altitude issues, does she have cold resistance, and can she breathe at high altitudes, speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what are her exact powers and how did she get them?

how high can she fly? regarding altitude issues, does she have cold resistance, and can she breathe at high altitudes, speeds?
    None of this was ever answered. We get countless of retolds of Peter Parker or Scott Summers' origins, but we didn't even get a single page about how Abby got her "alien cloud".

I would like to see the whole AI team come back. It was cool that they trained he to use a sniper rifle while on her cloud.

Ultimate Member

I like that she just wants to fly, and *not* be a government sponsored super-killer.

I'd love to see some of the other Initiative recruits as well, my favorites being Komodo, Hardball and the surviving Scarlet Spider, and lesser-seen folk like Telemetry and Gorilla Girl.

Yes!! I always liked her. Bring them ALL back!!

Never liked Cloud-9, all she did was whine. Armoury would be good to see again

I'd love to see some of the other Initiative recruits as well, my favorites being Komodo, Hardball and the surviving Scarlet Spider, and lesser-seen folk like Telemetry and Gorilla Girl.
    Didn't gorilla girl die in the marvel apes crossover?