Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mephisto, relative to his entire career, fought Galactus during a time period where he was wildly more powerful than is normal. He still lost because Galactus threatened to /literally/ eat Hell lol.

Odin is garbage compared to Celestials. In his first encounter against a single Celestial, he channeled his own power + Zeus' power + another less powerful Skyfathers energies into a single bolt. Said bolt harmlessly bounced off the Celestial. In the Destroyer armor + with all of Asgards essence, he fared better. Even managed to cut a limb off a celestial. But that ultimately was nothing but an annoyance as the limb was healed and Odin soundly defeated.

Galactus meanwhile can flat out kill a Celestial. Big G can often stalemate 2 or 3 random Celestials and be a legit foe to the bigger bladder Celestials 1 on 1.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Badly. Galactus can fight multiple Celestials and gold his own. Odin, even with the Destroyer Armour, gets washed completely by them.

As I recall, this fight was from a very brief period where Mephisto was written as way stronger than had ever been before and he's never really come that close since.

Also, on another occasion when he tried to kidnap the Surfer, Norrin's soul was so pure Mephisto couldn't even touch him.
    Yes it was from a time when Mephisto was portrayed as far more powerful than before or since and Galactus still annihilated him with Mephisto posturing like it was a draw when it was really that Galactus was about to absorb and destroy his entire realm.
    Power with Girl is better.

And yeah, I dont think Classic Odin would have much trouble with Mephisto at his average showings. In or out of his realm.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    But Odin can grow a beard while Galactus can't since Galactus has zero feats of beard growing.
    And hair. Galactus is bald whereas Odin has that flowing mane.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    But Odin can grow a beard while Galactus can't since Galactus has zero feats of beard growing.
    Do we even know what's under that chin-guard?

Edit:
    LoL just looked it up...

He's got a pretty wicked forked beard.
    Fait accompli.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-04-2018 at 01:54 PM.

I think a better cosmic matchup for Odin would be the Stranger. He's above Odin, but lower than Galactus. Odin still gets "ownedin" a fight with him....see what I did there? Or maybe a weakened Tyrant. Or maybe a weakened Watcher.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Stranger_%28Cosmic_Being%29_%28Earth-616%29
    Last edited by hulahulk; 07-01-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    ... and be a legit foe to the bigger bladder Celestials 1 on 1.
    Well, this typo does create an amusing image.

At least the bigger bladder Celestials wouldn't pee themselves at the idea of fighting Big G.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, this typo does create an amusing image.

At least the bigger bladder Celestials wouldn't pee themselves at the idea of fighting Big G.
    I have visions of an old, incontinent Galactus fighting Celestials alongside his heralds Stairwalker, Fireside, Bed Shift, Terrace the Tame, The Fallen Badly One, Human Porch, Lawn Tyrant and The Silver-Haired Surfer.

(Couldn’t think of ones for Nova, Stardust or Destroyer, and I wasn’t touching Morg with a barge-pole here!)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Niiice.

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Galactus can slamdunk without his feet even leaving the ground. I don't think Odin even has any feats for vertical leap.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Galactus can slamdunk without his feet even leaving the ground. I don't think Odin even has any feats for vertical leap.
    Asgardians can't dunk

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Asgardians can't dunk
    Volstagg can totally dunk spoilers:
    donuts
    end of spoilers
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

on the other hand what they both can do all day is refer to themselves in third person and make grandiose speeches about themselves.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Volstagg can totally dunk spoilers:
    donuts
    end of spoilers

I love that guy lol.
    - big_adventure