View Poll Results: The Invisible Plane: Yay or Nay?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay-Yes, I feel that its an iconic piece of WW lore

27 57.45%
  • Nay-No, its pointless and silly

20 42.55%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I like the idea of Diana flying and using the Invisible Jet. I would have it where she could fly plenty fast under her own power, but, should she choose to other galaxies she can summon the Jet (via a telepathic, magical, or technological link) to get there much faster. As a magical creation, she can alter its shape and upgrade it as she sees fit. Steve and her other WW family members can borrow it, but, it should be hers first and foremost.

Where if not Argus shoudonthr Jet he placed? I do like the idea it changes shape so she could carry it on her.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yay for technological Amazon. Nay for ancient.
    So it depends on what's established.

Fantastic Member

It's too iconic like the batmobile. Not only that but it is yet another unique and original thing about Wonder Woman that makes her standout amongst other comic book superheroes. Most heroes in fiction have typical, cliche weapons, but only Wonder Woman has something unique and original as a magic lasso. Most heroes in fiction have typical, cliche modes of transportation, but only Wonder Woman has something unique and original as the Invisible Jet. While I do not personally have anything against Wonder Woman flying it's just that it's just not a unique/original ability that makes her standout because superheroes who can fly come a dime by the dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    It's too iconic like the batmobile. Not only that but it is yet another unique and original thing about Wonder Woman that makes her standout amongst other comic book superheroes. Most heroes in fiction have typical, cliche weapons, but only Wonder Woman has something unique and original as a magic lasso. Most heroes in fiction have typical, cliche modes of transportation, but only Wonder Woman has something unique and original as the Invisible Jet. While I do not personally have anything against Wonder Woman flying it's just that it's just not a unique/original ability that makes her standout because superheroes who can fly come a dime by the dozen.
    A jet, let alone one with stealth capabilities, is not a unique concept in superhero fiction.

I'm all about the Amazons having technology in the comics, so I'm all for the return of the invisible jet as one of the Amazons many technological marvels.

I think she can just use it when she needs it and park it in her garage when she doesn't. It's not unlike Batman having all his vehicles that he doesn't always use.

Unless she formalizes some relationship with ARGUS and they let her park it there. Although, I don't necessarily see Diana giving up the Amazon technological secrets that easily, figuring someone at ARGUS might try to reverse engineer it for a use Diana would not agree with.

I like that it's one way Diana can transport her friends and/or enemies through the protective barrier (I prefer Perez's chaos storm) that shields Themyscira from the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yay for technological Amazon. Nay for ancient.
    So it depends on what's established.
    Or do what Rucka did in Rebirth. The ancient/magitech Amazons rebuilt Steve's plane, and made it invisible in the process. Or have Diana acquire it from somewhere not Themyscira.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A jet, let alone one with stealth capabilities, is not a unique concept in superhero fiction.
    Sounds like you're saying invisible jets are a dime a dozen. That's really playing fast and loose with the concept, if you ask me.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think the Invisible Jet is an iconic piece of Wonder Woman's lore. Perez butchered it and that was one of the main flaws of his reboot. Does Diana need to use the jet in every story arc? No, but it should be used from time to time as it can be used to help carry passengers(Steve, Etta, Ferdinand, etc.), carry fragile equipment, or for stealth missions.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Comics definitely, any future movie reboots yes please, a possible sequel after this one depending on the story, an 80s set sequel? Pass for now.

And hey, audiences accept invisible jets for the X-Men, and the concept is far more tied into the Wondie mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    If it had that whole thing from the golden age where she controlled it with her mind to fly to people and get them to safety while she was busy combating criminals or using it to distract or trick her opponents then it would be pretty useful to have.
    Never knew that about Golden Age Wonder Woman, sounds great. Something modern like making her tiara the remote control that channels her commands to the jet which then does the AI drone thing could give some interesting uses and story scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    In no way do I want to see her in an invisible plane, but given that she can't fly in the DCEU, she probably needs to get herself one. And of course, get Cyborg to ramp up the speed afterwards
    Didn't she fly at the end in her solo or am I misremembering?

But I didn't even mention the part about it being able to absorb radiation and lasers making it an impenetrable shield against such attacks. Or how Wonder Woman could freely use it to travel to other galaxies within the span of minutes.
    Yeah, maybe not space travel. But tanking bullets and some smaller types of energy blasts, used to shield innocent civilians? Could work.

[QUOTE=Vakanai;3758976
    Didn't she fly at the end in her solo or am I misremembering?
    [/QUOTE]

Maybe? She did this leaping into the air shot and the scene ended so we don't know if she just kept going or if two seconds later she started plummeting

Maybe? She did this leaping into the air shot and the scene ended so we don't know if she just kept going or if two seconds later she started plummeting
    Could have sworn she floated up there a while. Really need to rewatch it soon. I haven't bought a copy yet since I saw it in theaters and my library has a DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    It makes no sense in the continuity already established by the first movie, so I think it would come off as forced goofy fan service in the second, especially with Lynda Carter having a role.
    But a vaporized Steve Trevor pouncing around Washington D C in 1984 looking all dapper does?

When it comes to the invisible jet my favorite use of it was this one scene where a cataclysmic event had a bridge collapsing with cars still on it. Wonder Woman looping her lasso around it as she stood on the central support pillar was using her lasso to hold it all together but despite her efforts a car fell off of the bridge.

Calling for her invisible plane which was overhead, she sent it flying down and as the car came down it simply landed on the invisible jet which by Dianas mental command, flew it to land so the innocents could get off safly, with Wonder Woman holding the bridge until everyone evacuated.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    But a vaporized Steve Trevor pouncing around Washington D C in 1984 looking all dapper does?
    Depends on how he's bouncing around. Ghost? Clone? Hologram? Delusion or hallucination? Lifelike android? Long lost twin? Can't really judge it without knowing how.

Personally I'd save the jet for the first sequel set in the present. Would love to see it, just not sure the eighties is the time to introduce it.