Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Most RIDICULOUS power and origin story?

I'm reading an issue of Brubaker's Sleeper series I found in a bargain bin....

It features FAGHAG -a woman who received her powers after being bitten by a dying radioactive gay friend. She is able to mentally control gay men to do her bidding but doing so leaves them dead dried up husks...

Can anyone top THIS?

Do you understand the idea of parody?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

How about the Whizzer, who got his speed powers from a transfusion of mongoose blood? And was "whizzer" scatalogical even back in 1940?

BANNED

An alien who gets off the charts powers because of the colour of the sun, and a teenager who gets powers from bite of a radio-active spider are already way out there.

If I'm taking the premise seriously?

The Captain from Nextwave. We only have his drunken recollection of whatever his actually origin may have been.

Also, any member of each Brotherhood Of Dada.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Captain from Nextwave. We only have his drunken recollection of whatever his actually origin may have been.
    It was almost an exact copy of Kyle Rayner's.

Factoring for that Rayner's was far less of a chuckle and that we have to count on an unreliable narrator, sure.

That said, didn't they wind up undercutting all of that later? That there was actually some kind of rhyme and reason to selecting Rayner?

BANNED

Factoring for that Rayner's was far less of a chuckle and that we have to count on an unreliable narrator, sure.

That said, didn't they wind up undercutting all of that later? That there was actually some kind of rhyme and reason to selecting Rayner?
    Who knows? Is there anything left in Green Lantern continuity that hasn't been retconned to hell and back six times over?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Who knows? Is there anything left in Green Lantern continuity that hasn't been retconned to hell and back six times over?
    Isn't Kyle Rayner a cat now?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

It would not surprise me much.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    How about the Whizzer, who got his speed powers from a transfusion of mongoose blood? And was "whizzer" scatalogical even back in 1940?
    When I saw the title of the thread, this was the first thing I thought of.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    When I saw the title of the thread, this was the first thing I thought of.
    Me, three.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Ralph "I just drink some regular mass marketed soda" Dibney is pretty ridiculous.

Boisterously Confused

When somebody rings the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, Liberty Belle gets...adrenal?...for no reason that connects with her back story whatsoever?

Zatara and Zatanna can do just about anything, as long as they say it backwards.

BANNED

Some people on the message board mocked Kyle because Ganthet said "You'll have to do" when he handed him a power ring. DC wildly overreacted to that by making Kyle a GAWD!