Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I never thought their marriage was going to last very long if it was going to happen. So I am not super surprised at this outcome, but King is walking into a buzz saw with this result after he spent so much of his run focused on their relationship. He had to have known that fans were going to be really upset. I still like King as a writer and enjoy his work though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    King just lost a TON of momentum and good will. DC needs to replace him now because he's not getting that back. Trying to get them married later wouldn't make any sense at this point because no one would believe them. This entire run has been a poorly executed waste of time and money like I've been saying.
    But its so complex and human, look at all the PTSD and mental illness.

BANNED

Having them married later would still make sense if Selina discovers she was manipulated, and would have to think how much of her choice was about wanting to give Batman back to the world and how much of it was her trying to be a friend to Holly. It wouldn't be the focus of a story the way the first wedding was, but more of a twist to the culmination of everything built up. I still think King's annual last year is a flash-forward

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, still, did that give her immunity from the law (and Batman?) or something?

Would Bruce want her running around his mansion?
    It doesn't, but Talia's sanctuary apparently a place even the Justice League can't touch for some reason, I forgot. Since Selina pretended to be a murderer to protect her, she went there with Bruce to ask her if she will allow her to be happy with the man she loves. Her answer wasn't revealed, and they left.

Astonishing Member

I am upset by this news. Guess I'm disappointed.

Johnathan Kent was the most interesting thing to happen to Superman in years; I felt the wedding would have been a similar event for Batman.

oh well

Fantastic Member

The annual was just a well written what if. Maybe he is only good at writing mini series not a long term serialized book like batman.

Incredible Member

No one is going to trust King after this. Having them marry now would just be him trying to admit that he screwed up and get back on everyone's good sides. His entire run has made Batman look like an idiot. There has been no humanizing or complex anything. All he has accomplished is regressing Batman to a point he should have passed years ago. To have Batman this whiny about his parents at this point in his career is ridiculous. I just hope this poor reaction to his writing leads to DC firing him and getting a writer who actually knows and understands these characters.

Fantastic Member

heck anything longer than a two parter I did not enjoy. I only liked the annual and the lois and clark guest starring double date issue self contained and well written the rest not so much in my opinion

Incredible Member

Exactly, they left. The got in and out of a place that was supposed to be impossible to enter or leave without being killed and they left like it was nothing. It was a wasted bullshit story that made zero sense.

Fantastic Member

Maybe he should of written year three version of batman not the one who has at least 15 years of experience

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Having them married later would still make sense if Selina discovers she was manipulated, and would have to think how much of her choice was about wanting to give Batman back to the world and how much of it was her trying to be a friend to Holly. It wouldn't be the focus of a story the way the first wedding was, but more of a twist to the culmination of everything built up. I still think King's annual last year is a flash-forward
    Me too. Which is an indication that maybe they will get married by the end of the 100 issue run and this is just a road block, but if this was always the plan they should not have hyped this particular issue as much as they did and/or not devoted every issue between this and the proposal to the build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It doesn't, but Talia's sanctuary apparently a place even the Justice League can't touch for some reason, I forgot. Since Selina pretended to be a murderer to protect her, she went there with Bruce to ask her if she will allow her to be happy with the man she loves. Her answer wasn't revealed, and they left.
    If the spoilers are true and Holly is present with Selina, maybe we will get at least some of the answers here. Maybe they arranged for her to turn herself in, but be present for the wedding for her friend? Kind of nuts, but stranger things have happened in this universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Exactly, they left. The got in and out of a place that was supposed to be impossible to enter or leave without being killed and they left like it was nothing. It was a wasted bullshit story that made zero sense.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

It’s almost funny how must people here - people who claim to be well versed it comics - are calling for King’s head, when something like this is obviously editoral. Whether they were gonna be married, or not, it’s on editoral to decide. I’ll still enjoy King’s Batman because something like this doesn’t really bother me. I don’t feel duped, I don’t feel betrayed...it’s just comic books. Sorry to the people who truly are hurt by this.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

BANNED

The wedding is not happening. King has confirmed that he's angry at spoilers and the NYT as well as retailers dont dont screw with fans.

The question that I want answered is whether the Bane, Gotham Girl and Flashpoint Batman spoilers are true or not.

Fantastic Member

anything that does not involve batman or catwoman he is written is probably more honest