Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Doomsday Clock doesn't matter anymore, writers will be able to use legion,jsa,etc soon. Johns doesn't have a hold on writers anymore.
    Where are you coming up with that?

It was stated at the summit. There's a set deadline on when those concepts are going to be taken off the table, regardless of where Doomsday Clock is in the story. It leads to the strong insinuation that the DCU is moving on from Doomsday Clock as necessarily having a strong connective tissue to the future of the line. It could end up just being its own standalone thing when all is said and done. References have certainly ceased in the monthlies, whereas before seeds were clearly being sown, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

If I were to hazard a guess, the consequences for the larger DCU that were supposed to come out of Doomsday Clock have been dropped, and instead the next big event will be built from Scott Snyder and his Justice League run.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-01-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

WTF? 14 pages in this topic(created today).. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WTF? 14 pages in this topic(created today).. What happened?
    Fans are pretty pissed, that's what happened, lol
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well I'm sure if anything that BatCat will probably get married in the future now but not with all the media attention and hype surrounding it and will probably not last very long

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It was stated at the summit. There's a set deadline on when those concepts are going to be taken off the table, regardless of where Doomsday Clock is in the story. It leads to the strong insinuation that the DCU is moving on from Doomsday Clock as necessarily having a strong connective tissue to the future of the line. It could end up just being its own standalone thing when all is said and done. References have certainly ceased in the monthlies, whereas before seeds were clearly being sown, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

If I were to hazard a guess, the consequences for the larger DCU that were supposed to come out of Doomsday Clock have been dropped, and instead the next big event will be built from Scott Snyder and his Justice League run.
    Yep, I'm guessing Doomsday Clock may still have some consequences, but I don't think writers will be restrained by whatever happens in that book anymore.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Post it! Spoiler thread is spoiler friendly. All Stephs are allowed.
    I love every part of this.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

King is my favorite writer maybe of all time, Vision, Mr Miracle, Sheriff of babylon and this run of batman have been the best comics I have ever read but honestly this makes me consider never buying a book that this guy writes again. I get that it's comics and things like this happen but at a certain point it's not a shocking twist or a way to "subvert expectations", it a jerk move made with the intent of fraudulently getting customers to buy stuff they would never pick up. I sure as hell would never have bought 5 "prelude to the wedding" issues if I knew this crap was happening. The wedding album, the constant reminders of the wedding throughout the run, fake invitations at every LCS, 2 freaking years of building to something and all we get is "gotcha" it was all a lie. I expect next week will be a bunch of dc people and King acting like "aren't we clever" and explaining why this is so brilliant and that upset fans just aren't getting the narrative and if fans will just invest another 150 some dollars on another 50 issues they might possibly get answers. At the very least it could have been where I had to read the book to find out but no dc has the freaking new york times publish this as the ultimate way to say "screw you" to fans.

I know it's comics and stuff like this happens and while I want to say I am done with DC and this Batman run I honestly like the character and have spent too much time collecting Batman issues to stop altogether but this really damages the way I see king as a writer and DC as a whole, normally I try to pick up a bunch of DC books because of where the comics market is and how badly sales are needed, (I know it's just one copy) but I kind feel like people making choices like that help the industry as a whole but after this I honestly am not sure I will be doing that anymore, feel like it would be a better investment of time and money to buy something else where they don't pull years of stunts just to say "gotcha" which honestly doesn't feel surprising or shocking it more feels like dc saying "screw you" to any fan that invested in this book. Honestly never thought anything could challenge mass effect 3 for the biggest disappointment of all time but this comes pretty freaking close.
    Last edited by regg215; 07-01-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Wow, that's crazy. So the threads that have been going sense the Rebirth special are going to get dropped because DC didn't get it together enough to make sure they had a full story before starting a series that was supposed to have such huge ramifications. DC looked like things were getting back on track and better than they had been in a long time with the Rebirth special and now they can't seem to stop messing up. Between Doomsday Clock being delayed, Justice League Odyssey getting delayed, Metal turning into a Grant Morrison lite event, No Justice just plan sucking, and now King blowing it with Batmans wedding, things aren't looking good. Man of Steel doesn't look to be working out that great either. They need to call an emergency meeting to get everyone on the same page and get back to writing a coherant universe with hope.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Wow, that's crazy. So the threads that have been going sense the Rebirth special are going to get dropped because DC didn't get it together enough to make sure they had a full story before starting a series that was supposed to have such huge ramifications. DC looked like things were getting back on track and better than they had been in a long time with the Rebirth special and now they can't seem to stop messing up. Between Doomsday Clock being delayed, Justice League Odyssey getting delayed, Metal turning into a Grant Morrison lite event, No Justice just plan sucking, and now King blowing it with Batmans wedding, things aren't looking good. Man of Steel doesn't look to be working out that great either. They need to call an emergency meeting to get everyone on the same page and get back to writing a coherant universe with hope.
    I mean we'll still get those answers most likely, we just will be able to get JSA and Legion books without having to wait on doomsdayclock being finished.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean we'll still get those answers most likely, we just will be able to get JSA and Legion books without having to wait on doomsdayclock being finished.
    I just wonder how that will affect Doomsday Clock. I assumed that was going to be a large part of the story. We'll see.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, I guess the events of "The Button" crossover didn't really happen now?
    It faded to white - that doesn't mean that he died.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The DC execs must have expected some kind of backlash. I assume they aren't completely clueless. Marvel at least looks like they expected it with Kitty and Colossus' wedding, as the Rogue/Gambit bait-and-switch almost seems like it was inserted to soften the blow. I wonder if DC actually has some kind of PR plan to deal with all the upset fans.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I wonder if DC actually has some kind of PR plan to deal with all the upset fans.
    Ignore it, ride it out and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The DC execs must have expected some kind of backlash. I assume they aren't completely clueless. Marvel at least looks like they expected it with Kitty and Colossus' wedding, as the Rogue/Gambit bait-and-switch almost seems like it was inserted to soften the blow. I wonder if DC actually has some kind of PR plan to deal with all the upset fans.
    I expect dc will go into the whole "the fans who are critical don't get it" mode. I think it will be similar to how disney responded to critics of the last jedi by saying that anyone who didn't like it was just a bunch upset fanboys who couldn't see how "brilliant" the movie was. Regardless of how you feel about that movie that was a bad response by disney and it has hurt them. That said based on how they do business, I do think that DC will probably try the same thing while encouraging fans to invest more freaking money and another 2+ years into the book so that it will make sense.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard