Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Bane probably thinks he's in charge and the real mastermind is someone else. Bane gains nothing from orchestrating this convoluted scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    ...on the plus side it at least means that Bruce and Zatanna could get together.

But yeah, this was stupid and uncreative and demonstrates that DC and Marvel writers can be as boring and predictable as they presumably think marriage is.
    hahah Id be up for it! I like Zatanna and Batman. Magic + Science = awesome

Also I wonder why Gotham Girl and Flashpoint Batman are there! any theories! i wanna know why!

All-New Member

New York Times Writer Regrets Spoiling Batman’s Wedding in Headline

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/new-y....html#comments

Here is the best part:

DC knew he would be spoiling the twist beforehand, he replied, “They did not know how I would approach it, but they knew I would reveal the twist.”

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post

Here is the best part:
    His reasoning makes sense, I think the blame should be placed on king & dc for not actually delivering on the wedding they promised.

Astonishing Member

Here is the best part:
    This seems like a real stupid way of doing business. Could DC and King have something bigger planned? There is no way that they did not know that this wouldn't cause backlash...

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    This seems like a real stupid way of doing business. Could DC and King have something bigger planned? There is no way that they did not know that this wouldn't cause backlash...
    Well, King said in a interview issue 51 will be "even crazier" than 50, whatever that means.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    His reasoning makes sense, I think the blame should be placed on king & dc for not actually delivering on the wedding they promised.
    I'm placing blame squarely with DC and their PR department for this idiocy. This was, after all, the story King was planning all along. King wasn't the one that hyped fans up and made them believe it was real. That's on his bosses and the PR machine, I feel, not him.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

All-New Member

@TomKingTK
    15m15 minutes ago

Batman 50 is not the end. This is a 100 issue story documenting and celebrating the love of Batman and Catwoman. Whatever happens, whatever anyone says, nothing’s going to spoil that.

They'll probably get married for real at the end of everything. Everyone's already noted more than once the reasons why it doesn't make this whole debacle any better so I won't rehash that, but all the same I believe that will probably be endgame for the run.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

@TomKingTK
    15m15 minutes ago

Batman 50 is not the end. This is a 100 issue story documenting and celebrating the love of Batman and Catwoman. Whatever happens, whatever anyone says, nothing’s going to spoil that.
    Given this statement I'm willing to check in then and again to see how they make their way back to one another. I've never been a Batman fan but I love Selina. So I'll pick up the issues she's in and plan to really enjoy the Joelle Jones book monthly.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They'll probably get married for real at the end of everything. Everyone's already noted more than once the reasons why it doesn't make this whole debacle any better so I won't rehash that, but all the same I believe that will probably be endgame for the run.
    I think I agree with others in the replies of that tweet that it's messed up that DC marketed it the issue like this though, even if they do evetually get married, people still wasted money on hundreds of variants and tie ins for something that doesn't even happen.

Incredible Member

Why would anyone be willing to wait until issue 100 get what was promised at 50? If you are then you deserve to get whatever bullshit he throws your way. He’s promising it now because he sees what the reaction has been. All this is is him trying to cover his ass.

I can't answer that because I'm not. But it is what I think will eventually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think I agree with others in the replies of that tweet that it's messed up that DC marketed it the issue like this though, even if they do evetually get married, people still wasted money on hundreds of variants and tie ins for something that doesn't even happen.
    Oh I couldn't agree more. I'm not at all changing my opinion on that. I'm just as disgusted with this as I was yesterday, if anything more so. It was amateur hour on a staggering level, defying all common sense. I'm just speculating what I think will probably happen. It'll happen without me along for the ride, but that's what I think will go down.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Why would anyone be willing to wait until issue 100 get what was promised at 50? If you are then you deserve to get whatever bullshit he throws your way. He’s promising it now because he sees what the reaction has been. All this is is him trying to cover his ass.
    King has said all along that he had a 100 issue story to tell. I actually think this "twist" is part of it so I'm willing to ride it out. As I've done with the first 50, I'll pick up the issues where Selina is a featured character and skip the ones where she's not.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Incredible Member

And when he disappoints you again?