Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

From Bleeding Cool:

At least the New York Times story will stop any overpromise this week for casual readers. As we pointed out there is something else at the end of the comic which the New York Times may not have realised was significant, which, along with much of the rest of the comic, ties into Tom King’s previous storylines and will serve longstanding fans very well – but might be utterly baffling to newcomers.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...wedding-today/

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    . . . 3 - The title of the thread said SPOILER, you decide to read it or not.
    Actually, the title of the thread didn't say "SPOILER".
    NY Times article has spoiled Batman #50

Though with a headline like that, "spoiled" should have been sufficient warning.

Extraordinary Member

I cant believe Tom King lied to my face

You know, I was never really on board with the wedding but with all the fuss I figured they'd go through with it. I wonder, what could be the point? Tom King isn't dumb, there has to be a point.

Apparently, this isn't even the biggest spoiler:

Screenshot_20180630-183943.jpg

The only thing I've seen about this spoiler is that casual readers will not understand it, but it's something that is a payoff two years in the making.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Apparently, this isn't even the biggest spoiler:

Screenshot_20180630-183943.jpg

The only thing I've seen about this spoiler is that casual readers will not understand it, but it's something that is a payoff two years in the making.
    Maybe . . . Batman IS ALSO Catwoman?!?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Disappointing, especially narratively.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Unless the "craziest thing" is Selina having an epiphany and changing her mind, I'm not interested.
    It could be a "Gotcha!" moment. King is all about the twists, and Bleeding Cool claiming there's something really crucial that NYT has missed keeps a window of possibility open for #51.

Fantastic Member

This is hilarious. Good riddance to the Tom king 'Tumblr fan fiction' bat/cat ship. Marrying as batman and catwoman was already a red flag. I'm not surprised.
    Hopefully, some time down line into the far future, we get a good story with a better writer on this relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It could be a "Gotcha!" moment. King is all about the twists, and Bleeding Cool claiming there's something really crucial that NYT has missed keeps a window of possibility open for #51.
    Tom King's response to the NYT article does'nt seem to indicate there's anything in there that's a swerve outside of what BC are teasing. He seems pretty pissed one of the big hooks were revealed.

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...ecial-media%2F

And the other tease from KS says the twist has "nothing to do with the wedding"..unless he meant that sarcastically.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Tom King's response to the NYT article does'nt seem to indicate there's anything in there that's a swerve outside of what BC are teasing. He seems pretty pissed one of the big hooks were revealed.

And the other tease from KS says the twist has "nothing to do with the wedding"..unless he meant that sarcastically.
    More than meets the eye?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    More than meets the eye?
    Facts of Life Transformers

King may be exaggerating it. He had to know that DC had this arrangement with NYT.

And while the spoiler may not have to directly do with the wedding, it could be something that puts into motion events that cause Selina to change her mind.

Of course, just leaving open a possibility. Even if the wedding doesn't take place in #51, who knows, maybe King could have Selina change her mind before he departs the book.

Dropped. Glad the spoilers leaked so I don't have to buy it. This absolutely butchers the narrative of the run. All a head fake for publicity.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Facts of Life Transformers
    I mean it could be I don't know whether Tom King is just upset that the ending was spoiled or he wants people to believe that there is more to come while batman was a lighter character before now even in the Denny O'Neil days if a certain person who doesn't do his research enough is right. it is accurate that Batman can't be happy to a degree as the anguish over his parents death is what drives him and defines him and certainly the reason why he works so hard to create a surrogate family. But even then it isn't enough. And you can thank fellows like Bruce Timm for influencing that idea courtesy of Batman Beyond.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he