Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

These are some tweets from people who have read Batman #50 in advance. King retweeted them so they're legit. They imply there's much more than meets the eye ("the eye" here being NYT's article):

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    These are some tweets from people who have read Batman #50 in advance. King retweeted them so they're legit. They imply there's much more than meets the eye ("the eye" here being NYT's article):
    OFC those might be folks who didn't want them to marry so that's why they're happy. :P

Either way Tom is getting crucified on Twitter and Tumblr and for good reason.

They really dropped the ball with this one, its even worse on Reddit at the moment. Tom's Batman run is toast.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    These are some tweets from people who have read Batman #50 in advance. King retweeted them so they're legit. They imply there's much more than meets the eye ("the eye" here being NYT's article)
    Doesn't really prove there's a last-minute swerve, I've heard even Dan Slott justify the bulls*it he puts Spider-Man through as being what readers need rather than want.

Well if this is true DC must have made a last hour reshuffle because King was talking as if #50 would be a milestone
    DC and Marvel are similar in a lot of ways with their trolling

Jesus Christ guys I know the last page. DM me to find out, holy crap.

Mosameen

Let's wait and see. The problem here is King's Batman run might see a big sales drop since it selling point tell now was the pairing stuff not an actual Batman story. So, maybe if the wedding isn't happening then the man can actually write a solid batman run without the romance and pairing overload.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    This is hilarious. Good riddance to the Tom king 'Tumblr fan fiction' bat/cat ship. Marrying as batman and catwoman was already a red flag. I'm not surprised.
    Hopefully, some time down line into the far future, we get a good story with a better writer on this relationship.
    You know what? There are two kinds of Batman writers I don't like/can't stand

First is the writer, who thinks that rage/anger is power and ends up writing Batman as little more than an angry meathead (or Midnighter with toys) like that. Scott Snyder comes to mind on this. The second type of writer is the one who seems to project their high school resentment onto the character. Bruce Wayne was the cool guy at school, who got the girl, entourage of friends, automatic admition into an Ivy Leauge school, and a high paying job after graduation. This guy has it made while they've had to struggle. Therefore they haven't been able to drop their resentment of this type of guy and they transfer it onto the character by insisting that Bruce is messed up in the head. Or an 'injured little boy' like King does.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that anyone who has Bruce Wayne's wealth isn't going to do what he does. They'd go off to the Bahamas and lie on a beach living off their money.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    The NY Times wouldn't do that.
    I agree with you. NYT wouldn't commit such a major article (and I have todays paper) just to play a game with readers.
    Last edited by Mia; 07-01-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    Jesus Christ guys I know the last page. DM me to find out, holy crap.
    this is a spoiler thread just post it

Mighty Member

Post it! Spoiler thread is spoiler friendly. All Stephs are allowed.

Man, this is dissapointing, but in hindsight it was kind of obvious.

Alright so apparently:

Bane is the architect of the entire run of Batman. He's been manipulating all the events.

He convinced Holly to convince Selina, to not marry Batman.

And the big part:

Apparently Flashpoint Batman is alive, all of the Gotham villains are in with Bane, and so is Thomas and Gotham Girl.

I've been hearing this from MANY MANY people on the forums, everywhere. I can't be sure of this but it does sound like stuff King would pull.

Mighty Member

Why is King's Batman so dumb? I can't handle it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    Alright so apparently:

Bane is the architect of the entire run of Batman. He's been manipulating all the events.

He convinced Holly to convince Selina, to not marry Batman.

And the big part:

Apparently Flashpoint Batman is alive, all of the Gotham villains are in with Bane, and so is Thomas and Gotham Girl.

I've been hearing this from MANY MANY people on the forums, everywhere. I can't be sure of this but it does sound like stuff King would pull.
    Flashpoint Batman and more Gotham Girl im intrigued.

I don't even know @yohyoi

King is getting cooked on Reddit, hell by everyone, EVERYWHERE. King's Batman run is done, and this is spreading too.