Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well I like Flashpoint Batman. As for King's run, inconsistency.

EDIT: Flashpoint Batman AGAINST Batman? Ugh.

BANNED

I like the twist, it also gives us hope that when Selina finds out Holly was manipulated, she'll change her mind and will eventually marry Bruce.

The thing is, it makes Selina look weak to be so easily manipulated on what is one of the biggest decisions of HER life. King singlehandedly destroyed two characters.

Bruce is still shown as the 'hurt child'.

Selina is now shown to be easily manipulated.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    Alright so apparently:

Bane is the architect of the entire run of Batman. He's been manipulating all the events.

He convinced Holly to convince Selina, to not marry Batman.

And the big part:

Apparently Flashpoint Batman is alive, all of the Gotham villains are in with Bane, and so is Thomas and Gotham Girl.

I've been hearing this from MANY MANY people on the forums, everywhere. I can't be sure of this but it does sound like stuff King would pull.
    Excluding the Sirens, I assume.

Mighty Member

I don't even know @yohyoi

King is getting cooked on Reddit, hell by everyone, EVERYWHERE. King's Batman run is done, and this is spreading too.
    Maybe it's for the best. King can focus on what he is good at. Maxi series on less known characters.

The thing is, it makes Selina look weak to be so easily manipulated on what is one of the biggest decisions of HER life. King singlehandedly destroyed two characters.

Bruce is still shown as the 'hurt child'.

Selina is now shown to be easily manipulated.
    TBF Holly did stir the pot in the most expert way possible. And this isn't just about anyone manipulating Selina, it's her BFF and close confidante whom she has known for years and who in turn knows her vulnerabilities like possibly nobody else.

Keep in mind everyone, this is NOT 100 percent verified. I am simply relaying what I, and A LOT of other people have been hearing around the web.

Fingers crossed, but I don;t know. Knowing King, this has some basis in being true.

Keep in mind everyone, this is NOT 100 percent verified. I am simply relaying what I, and A LOT of other people have been hearing around the web.

Fingers crossed, but I don;t know. Knowing King, this has some basis in being true.
    Yup, and if true, it basically confirms the entire NYT shenanigans is intentional and orchestrated, with a high chance of King being in on it.

Either way, we can all expect King's Batman book to PLUMMET in sales.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yup, and if true, it basically confirms the entire NYT shenanigans is intentional and orchestrated, with a high chance of King being in on it.
    The Bane thing is only one page, the NYT spoilers is what happens before it. Both things can be true.

Of course. It was nothing but something to make money off of. Gotta sell all those covers.

Either way, we can all expect King's Batman book to PLUMMET in sales.
    Doubt it, especially if it is remedied soon enough in #51 or #52 itself (hmm... Number 52).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The Bane thing is only one page, the NYT spoilers is what happens before it. Both things can be true.
    I meant if the Bane thing is true and the theory being Selina will discover Holly's manipulation soon enough and change her mind, then having this red herring be leaked seems very much planned. And very likely King was very much in the know.

It's still a very interesting story. If the spoilers are correct then this is an EVEN better story King's sales shouldn't drop that much I hope. I means fan's love it and defend it regular.

They weren't just going along and spending cashjust because of the wedding. like donkey's following a carrot on a stick.

People liked it for King's writing.
    The way he was giving us a more human Batman.
    It's not a waste if one enjoyed all the stories leading up.

King is hit /miss but he has Creative ideas I will still get the issue. A Wedding would have been nice but you know comics.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-01-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Doubt it, especially if it is remedied soon enough in #51 or #52 itself (hmm... Number 52).

I meant if the Bane thing is true and the theory being Selina will discover Holly's manipulation soon enough and change her mind, then having this red herring be leaked seems very much planned. And very likely King was very much in the know.
    I doubt she will learn for a while, King is on the book till issue 103 I think. He'll prolong this for a while.

Astonishing Member

Comic book readership reacting to news with calm heads and collect minds as always.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory