Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Comic book readership reacting to news with calm heads and collect minds as always.
    Yeah like always.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I doubt she will learn for a while, King is on the book till issue 103 I think. He'll prolong this for a while.
    Yeah, plus I'm sure DC have long-term plans for Selina's ongoing. It's not a maxi-series deal, it's got to tell it's own story. I think King could only course-correct if the book winds up being cancelled, and we get a proper marriage in issue 100 and a three-part honeymoon arc right after

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    King may be exaggerating it. He had to know that DC had this arrangement with NYT.
    Why did he "have to" know it?
    Do you realize how many different levels/departments there probably are between the writer and the editorial/management/promotional department levels?
    If King isn't working directly at DC's corporate offices, he may not know/may not have much say once his script has been submitted and approved.

BANNED

Retailers are pissed

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...n-50-spoilers/

But there's something interesting

Now, as a reader, I was very satisfied with the comic, and also recognise its place in the story that Tom King has been telling. And there’s a coda in Batman #50 not picked up on by the New York Times, that places this event in long-running storylines.

But the whole commemorating the event with the special issue, and selling hundreds and thousands of copies on the back of it, getting retailers to commit a lot of money and resources to the project, and persuading comic creators to do the same, without actually having what it was meant to be commemorating inside the comic, means that with the arranged spoiler, committed New York Times comic book retailers are livid.

If DC Comics don’t make the comic book returnable, even for retailer exclusive covers, there has even been talk of lawsuits.

I am told that some retailers have been told by DC Comics that they have a plan. But not yet what that plane will be.
    Actual Bat/Cat wedding in Issue 100. Please?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah like always.
    We have the coolest of head and most collect mind. Who else would buy 26 issues of nothing? We are so chill. Looks like we need 50 more issues of buildup.

I just read a tweet from someone saying they spent over 100 dollars on the variants for a wedding that didn't even happen.

Wow.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Retailers are pissed

Tell them they will gain it back on wedding issue 100. It will now have 2 times more variant cover. DC is playing the long long game.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Retailers are pissed

more likely just a plan for retailers to return the issues. Promising them another wedding won't do DC any favors right now.

Retailers are pissed

They are going to crucify DC and Marvel one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    We have the coolest of head and most collect mind. Who else would buy 26 issues of nothing? We are so chill. Looks like we need 50 more issues of buildup.
    Yes of course that's how it works and why I have no desire to work for either DC and Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yes of course that's how it works and why I have no desire to work for either DC and Marvel.
    I'm waiting for it to be collected in an omnibus. Maybe even an omnibus of wedding variants. DC deserve what happens the next days.

Master Hero Vladimir

DC just squandered a perfect chance to challenge Batman and get him out of his comfort zone. It would have been interesting to see a married Batman, whose network support has become larger thanks to now having a wife. Instead, DC chickened out and threw away over 20 issues of buildup and character exploration because they refuse to move Batman away from the safest and most boring situations featuring the character, who is unable to make any meaningful progress in his personal life outside of his superhero career. I get it that Batman is darker and edgier than his Justice League peers, but this is just tragic. Superman might as well the be the only mainstream superhero who is allowed to have a good family life.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I'm waiting for it to be collected in an omnibus. Maybe even an omnibus of wedding variants. DC deserve what happens the next days.
    You're serious?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    DC just squandered a perfect chance to challenge Batman and get him out of his comfort zone. It would have been interesting to see a married Batman, whose network support has become larger thanks to now having a wife. Instead, DC chickened out and threw away over 20 issues of buildup and character exploration because they refuse to move Batman away from the safest and most boring situations featuring the character, who is unable to make any meaningful progress in his personal life outside of his superhero career. I get it that Batman is darker and edgier than his Justice League peers, but this is just tragic. Superman might as well the be the only mainstream superhero who is allowed to have a good family life.
    I'm with you evolution is something DC and marvel just are incapable of and often times when they do it it blows up in their faces.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Superman might as well the be the only mainstream superhero who is allowed to have a good family life.
    ..I would advise you not to read what Bendis is putting him through right now.

It's only because of Doomsday Clock that we know he still has one.