Default So what happened to the 3 jokers theory thingy ?

When Batman was sitting that super chair of whatever it was revealed to him that there were 3 jokers. I haven't followed every bat book so, what happened with that. Is the current joker we are seeing the same as in the Snyder/capullo storyline ? How did he got his face back and everything ?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok recently announced they are making that story, should be coming out this fall. We'll likely hear more info at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    When Batman was sitting that super chair of whatever it was revealed to him that there were 3 jokers. I haven't followed every bat book so, what happened with that. Is the current joker we are seeing the same as in the Snyder/capullo storyline ? How did he got his face back and everything ?
    Was it in "that super chair of whatever" or was it in DC Universe: Rebirth that the idea of the "Three Jokers" was revealed?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Was it in "that super chair of whatever" or was it in DC Universe: Rebirth that the idea of the "Three Jokers" was revealed?
    both stories tease it

Oh ok... so right now, we have no idea which Joker we are seeing ? Obviously not the one of Snyder since he's got his face intact...

Oh ok... so right now, we have no idea which Joker we are seeing ? Obviously not the one of Snyder since he's got his face intact...
    New 52 Joker has his face back. He mentioned in Metal that it regrew back on....yeah.

Really ? Missed that part... Metal was a little bit hard to follow imo.

All-New Member

I love metal for me captured that kind of twisty genius weirdness of comics perfectly. This will be hard years for old school joker fans to go through, cause so many movies and this still hangs in the air.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    New 52 Joker has his face back. He mentioned in Metal that it regrew back on....yeah.
    Really ? Missed that part... Metal was a little bit hard to follow imo.
    It was "Endgame", I think. Just before Gordon took over as Batman.

Earlier this month, Geoff Johns talked more about this at New York Comic Con.

Geoff Johns Reveals New Details About 'The Three Jokers'
    By Nicole Drum - October 7, 2018

Much is still a mystery about the upcoming Batman: Three Jokers headed to DC's Black Label imprint, but Geoff Johns revealed a few more details about the project at New York Comic Con.
    During his spotlight panel, Johns explained that while the mystery around it is probably the coolest thing right now, he and artist Jason Fabok simply want to tell the best Batman story and Joker story they can.
    "The coolest thing about this story is no one knows anything about it," Johns said. "It's a pretty mature take. I've never gotten to write a Batman and Joker story, and Jay's never gotten to draw one. We wanted to tell the best batman story, the best Joker story possible."
    Batman: Three Jokers will focus primarily on three characters, Bruce Wayne, Barbara Gordon, and Jason Todd. The trio are arguably the characters in DC that the Clown Prince of Crime has hurt the most -- Jason's death in "A Death in the Family", Barbara's paralysis in Batman: The Killing Joke, and well, those events and so much more for Bruce. In addition to the story's central characters, Johns and Fabok also revealed the three eras of the Joker they plan to use in the story: the first appearance Joker from 1940, the classic Silver Age version, and a Joker inspired by Brian Bolland's Killing Joke villain. When it comes to creating the art for those three takes on Joker, Fabok said he is proud to be involved and that there is "magic to this story."
    You can read the rest here: https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/07/...-details-nycc/

Also worth noting from this article,
    Batman: Three Jokers does not yet have a release date but is anticipated for some time in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Earlier this month, Geoff Johns talked more about this at New York Comic Con.

You can read the rest here: https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/07/...-details-nycc/

Also worth noting from this article,
    This felt like this was announced years ago. I dunno if it's just me but it feels like comics are taking forever nowadays. In terms of marketing and publishing. Everyone talks about future story ideas for months and months at every angle then it dies down and goes away then the thing everyone was talking about comes out but everyone has lost interest by then.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    This felt like this was announced years ago. I dunno if it's just me but it feels like comics are taking forever nowadays. In terms of marketing and publishing. Everyone talks about future story ideas for months and months at every angle then it dies down and goes away then the thing everyone was talking about comes out but everyone has lost interest by then.
    I think it's a problem that comes up more with big-name creators like Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon (Twist anybody?) who get busy with something else so that the big announcement seems a bit . . . premature.
    (Also, all the web sites that put up news about upcoming comic book projects probably put too much emphasis on talk about things that are still in the embryonic stage because those sites are looking for the big breaking news scoops to beat their competitors and get them cred.)