Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Your scans don’t debunk that though because Storm is still immersed in, not divorced from, the natural world in them. She is divorced from the natural world in Hell, possibly for the first time, and we saw what happened. You might not like it but it does make some sense.

I think the closest we could get to an abstract like Hell where Ororo’s been before is maybe the Astral Plane, but it even works differently too. Storm was able to summon a degree of power there too but she has an incredible will and that’s something that can take you far psychically.
    I showed you a scan of her using her power in bishop's brain telepathically and she was able to use her powers in the astral plane, as well as the other xmen:

Astral plane shooting bolts of lightning:

generating bolts of lightning in limbo:

trion dimension

she was divorced from the natural world in all these showings. unless you are arguing weather was in these dimensions/realms then I think you have conceded your point. none of those dimensions are natural as you keeping pointing out that she needs to be immersed in to use her powers. nevertheless, my arguments have nothing to do with what I like or dislike but everything to do with what has occurred in canon. external sources being required to use her power is something you have made up.

sn: I think limbo would be the closest thing to hell (not astral plane)and her powers were able to work there just fine.

I’m waiting for any scan from CC saying she doesn’t. He never wrote her in Hell using her powers.

I do think she has the potential (we’ve seen that in alternate futures) but I’ve yet to see any current canon to really support her doing it right now. The only real canon we have implies she can’t too.
    he didn't have to explicitlystate this because it was shown her powers dont operate how you keep claiming. see above. her powers have worked in the trion dimension, in limbo, on the astral plane and all of those dimensions are not natural. and there is a thing called wis/pis. I'm sure you are aware of this.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-04-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I showed you a scan of her using her power in bishop's brain telepathically and she was able to use her powers in the astral plane, as well as the other xmen:

it has nothing to do with what I like but what has occurred in canon. external sources is something you have made up.

he didn't have to. her powers have worked in the trion dimension, in limbo, on the astral plane and all of those dimensions are not natural. and there is a thing called wis/pis. I'm sure you are aware of this.
    I used the Astral Plane but things work differently there. Cyclops certainly doesn’t have any sunlight or ambient UV energy there to absorb and redirect for example, he doesn’t even have a real body there, what you do there is basically an expression of force of will. That’s also why all their powers in the scan you showed were nearly useless against the Shadow King. I’m not sure you can really call it unnatural, but like Hell it does seem more like an abstract. Not all abstracts work alike either, Otherworld is another abstract, literally shaped by the collective unsconscious of the British Isles, but Meggan’s elemental abilities worked fine there in contrast to Hell. Who knows why exactly?

Limbo reflects it’s master and it’s been confirmed NOT to be an actual Hell dimension, and there is also nature, physics and natural laws there. The Trion dimension also is a physical world subject to it’s own unique natural laws, it’s just a (very) different dimension.

Basically every scan presented of Storm and talking about her powers though talks about her directing, manipulating and tapping into elements, energies and systems. We haven’t really seen any textual confirmation otherwise and at best what you and others have brought are images of her throwing lightning bolts from her hands and saying that somehow proves she generated it 100% internally. So no, I’m not the one making **** up here. Just like I didn’t try to pass off Limbo as Hell, or Margali’s Inferno spell as Hell, or argue the dictionary definition of facsimile using only exclusively one part of it. I’m not the one making stuff up to suit my argument.

I used the Astral Plane but things work differently there. Cyclops certainly doesn’t have any sunlight or ambient UV energy there to absorb and redirect for example, he doesn’t even have a real body there, what you do there is basically an expression of force of will. That’s also why all their powers in the scan you showed were nearly useless against the Shadow King. I’m not sure you can really call it unnatural, but like Hell it does seem more like an abstract. Not all abstracts work alike either, Otherworld is another abstract, literally shaped by the collective unsconscious of the British Isles, but Meggan’s elemental abilities worked fine there in contrast to Hell. Who knows why exactly?

Limbo reflects it’s master and it’s been confirmed NOT to be an actual Hell dimension, and there is also nature, physics and natural laws there. The Trion dimension also is a physical world subject to it’s own unique natural laws, it’s just a (very) different dimension.

Basically every scan presented of Storm and talking about her powers though talks about her directing, manipulating and tapping into elements, energies and systems. We haven’t really seen any textual confirmation otherwise and at best what you and others have brought are images of her throwing lightning bolts from her hands and saying that somehow proves she generated it 100% internally. So no, I’m not the one making **** up here. Just like I didn’t try to pass off Limbo as Hell, or Margali’s Inferno spell as Hell, or argue the dictionary definition of facsimile using only exclusively one part of it. I’m not the one making stuff up to suit my argument.
    of course the astral plane is unnatural. the natural rules dont apply to the astral plane hence why you see telepaths being able to do all of those unnatural things they are unable to do on earth. and abstracts dont have to function the same but your initial point was that her powers work because she is immersed in a natural world environment where she needs an external source to use her abilities. that would not be true based upon the showings of her in the astral plane, limbo, and the trion dimension.

I never said it was an actual hell dimension but it would be similar. it's an abstract realm and not natural. and ororo called the forces in trions dimension alien and abstract. it would not be natural in comparison to those forces she controls as it naturally appears on earth.

and you are absolutely incorrect about her tapping in other energies and that we havent seen any evidence otherwise to your point. you see ororo is very much connected to the energy patterns she wields. they are a part of her being, which is why she can feel when the earths natural functions are corrupted or distorted. so this point you keep making about her tapping into something external (energies,elements, systems) from her doesnt align with how her powers empirically works as described in csnon:

there is no context that needs to be considered as it is clearly stated how her powers work. there is no mention about her having to tap into external energies or that she can only tap into them in the natural realm. therefore, you claiming this is the part you are making up as well as making up the parts of why aaron wrote her being unable to use her powers in hell. there have been instances where she has needed to tap into different energies to perform a feat when her body is exhausted but this is atypical and only utilized in dire or extreme situations:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men121_13b.jpg

so maybe this is where you are mixing things up.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-05-2018 at 12:33 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

another instance of not needing weather to use her powers. generating solar winds spanning the globe from spaceship:

this display via the solar winds was a direct effect of her emotions and deep sorrow due to the death of her dear friend Logan. again shes connected to these energies and going to hell wouldnt sever that bond.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-05-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Of another either gave a good explanation to why Storm couldn't use her powers then it wouldn't be so clearly questionable, but the fact that this writer has proven before that he thinks she's completely powerless when there's no clouds is what makes it so questionable. There's clearly air, she can control air molecules, she shouldn't be powerless.

When she attacked Silver Surfer too she's didn't need to create an atmosphere, she said that where she does her best work not thats where they only work (hence why she threw lightning in those issues no problem and flew on solar wind).

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Do you think that Storm is able to control the whether patterns of other planets? A planet like Jupiter?

If she was on that planet, why not? I mean, there are reasons that she would be dead if she went to Jupiter (gravity, atmosphere), but putting those aside, I know of why her powers wouldn't work there. That goes for any other planet.

Wasn't she shown able to control sun storms? (Personally, I thought that should have been outside her tool box, but hey, who am I?)

Sandy Hausler

Y'all could've just posted the scan where she generated an electric field under water for electrolysis. Or when she generated lightning bolts from her body underwater .
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Y'all could've just posted the scan where she generated an electric field under water for electrolysis. Or when she generated lightning bolts from her body underwater .
    The thread is about off-Earth feats and it was already decided with the Limbo posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The thread is about off-Earth feats and it was already decided with the Limbo posts.
    I apologize for posting about whether she could generate lightning from within herself. It won't happen again. Again,my sincerest apologies.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Of another either gave a good explanation to why Storm couldn't use her powers then it wouldn't be so clearly questionable, but the fact that this writer has proven before that he thinks she's completely powerless when there's no clouds is what makes it so questionable. There's clearly air, she can control air molecules, she shouldn't be powerless.

When she attacked Silver Surfer too she's didn't need to create an atmosphere, she said that where she does her best work not thats where they only work (hence why she threw lightning in those issues no problem and flew on solar wind).
    excellent points. there is so much energy that is distributed through space such as electromagnetic, radiation, etc. she should always have a way to use her powers defensively of offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    true.. these are examples too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Most likely (she was able to control the solar wind in Earth's orbit).
    Having the marvel character Storm take out Sentinels on Earth

and in Earth's orbit, is to be shown in whatever movie taking place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as well.

BANNED

Yes, Storm can manipulate the Weather on a Different Planet.

She did it in Limbo, another Dimension, Another planet in the Negative Zone, shes even done it in space.

So, yes she can do it.