Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Also I don't think Maximus is dead 4 real. . . Hell he could've planned all of this just for fun

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    What exactly was vague about Venomized? Anyone who was Poisoned and didn't have a way out (like Jane and Jeen) were dead. Gone. And the ppl he picked werent exactly doing anything important. Rage was braindead, D-Man was basically back in retirement, and Eye Boy was gonna just be reduced to background cameos anyway. What stories were being "wrecked" as a result of this?
    The end of Venomized said some poisons survived, like Jimmy. You could include any poisoned character in that. As you said earlier, Lockjaw becomes depressing with both main characters dead, when it’s supposed to be an uplifting comedy. The tragedy of Rage’s fate in Captain America: Sam Wilson is abolished by his miraculous recovery followed by an anticlimactic death. Generation X ended just a month before Venomized and it’s happy ending gets overridden. Christina Strain already expressed her frustration that a character she developed got randomly killed off so the X-men can’t mourn him. It makes the X line look worse.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Also I don't think Maximus is dead 4 real. . . Hell he could've planned all of this just for fun
    Yeah, Donny Cates is known to lie. We can’t be sure of anything until the event is over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vivisector7 View Post
    Yeah, Donny Cates is known to lie. We can’t be sure of anything until the event is over.
    Ya I am still believing this is a simulation by the Kree to see what would happen if they retried to enslave the Inhumans

Quote Originally Posted by vivisector7 View Post
    The end of Venomized said some poisons survived, like Jimmy. You could include any poisoned character in that. As you said earlier, Lockjaw becomes depressing with both main characters dead, when it’s supposed to be an uplifting comedy. The tragedy of Rage’s fate in Captain America: Sam Wilson is abolished by his miraculous recovery followed by an anticlimactic death. Generation X ended just a month before Venomized and it’s happy ending gets overridden. Christina Strain already expressed her frustration that a character she developed got randomly killed off so the X-men can’t mourn him. It makes the X line look worse.
    That's silly. We know the Poisons that survived: Carnage and Jimmy. That was it. And DotI doesn't "wreck" Lockjaw's mini and Venomized doesn't "wreck" Generation X. Those are both stories that exist in their own right and serve their purpose, the following stories have nothing to do with it. In no way does DotI or Venomized ruin the story that happened in either of the titles. If you are talking about the actual CHARACTERS, that would be a whole nother story. What happened to Rage sucked beyond suckiness. And more vocal outrage should be centered around Rage and not....*checks notes* D-MAN and EYE BOY. And what does the X-Line have to do with this? I thought I already said that the Spidey office handled this event, not the X-Office?

That's silly. We know the Poisons that survived: Carnage and Jimmy. That was it. And DotI doesn't "wreck" Lockjaw's mini and Venomized doesn't "wreck" Generation X. Those are both stories that exist in their own right and serve their purpose, the following stories have nothing to do with it. In no way does DotI or Venomized ruin the story that happened in either of the titles. If you are talking about the actual CHARACTERS, that would be a whole nother story. What happened to Rage sucked beyond suckiness. And more vocal outrage should be centered around Rage and not....*checks notes* D-MAN and EYE BOY. And what does the X-Line have to do with this? I thought I already said that the Spidey office handled this event, not the X-Office?
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, at the end of the lockjaw mini, he returned to the moon... which places it around son of m. It wasn't intended to be current continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLives View Post
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, at the end of the lockjaw mini, he returned to the moon... which places it around son of m. It wasn't intended to be current continuity.
    No in Inhumans: Judgment Day they began making a new moon city New Arctilan

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

I'm upset about D-Man because I'm not a fan of using gay characters as cannon fodder.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Can we make this a spoiler thread (so no need to use code) and discussion thread? Hopefully we can keep the troll-y ha ha posts out of it since I think the story is just a good story worth discussing.

My thoughts? This was brutal.

There's a lot of nice moments, though, so I'm going to comment on them rather than "OMG, you killed Sterilon! You Bastard!" First off, the Inhumans were created to fight for the Kree and then the Supreme Intelligence realized they would destroy them and ordered them destroyed. It's good to see that come full circle here. The Join or Die idea works very well there. Second, I'm enjoying the Black Bolt sign language thing. It's taken from the TV show and was something I think the TV show did very well. Plus, I love the idea of Black Bolt being the greatest communicator ever. As I said in the Appreciation thread, I do think Cates is coming from a place of respect for the Inhumans even if it might not seem that way.

Nitpicks: Inhumans and continuity is never the strongest thing - just look at the Terrigen Mist over the years, so I'm not going to nitpick the technical restrictions on Lockjaw (that being said, Lockjaw often isn't precise or working on command either). I'll note that it's an inconsistency and move on. For story purposes, I think it does a great job of adding tension.

A bigger nitpick is Vox. Why exactly are the Kree recruiting the Inhumans? It doesn't seem like they need them for any reason since Vox seems perfectly capable of killing anything in the universe himself. He's a very cool-looking villain, but he seems to be a bit powerful for the sake of being powerful.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think the implication was it was better to have them with the Kree than against, though even that may be a formality. Vox still killed the Inhuman queens who had surrendered on the grounds that the Kree don't want cowards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think the implication was it was better to have them with the Kree than against, though even that may be a formality. Vox still killed the Inhuman queens who had surrendered on the grounds that the Kree don't want cowards.
    I think they'd said join instead of surrender. . . Also Vox went full godfather on the inhumans. . .He's my hero

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I am starting to the subscribe to the idea this is a simulation.

The people who discussed their reactions to Cates's pitch said it was epic and awesome, and that's obviously going to be more than just killing random Inhumans one by one.

So I can see this being a simulation or some time travel bs is gonna reverse it all.

I'd expect one major death at the end that'll stick, maybe Black Bolt since most writers don't know what to do with him.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Wait a sec.

So, the Kree demand they "join or die." And when they join, they are killed?

Sense? Make?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Wait a sec.

Sense? Make?
    They want Black Bolt and (maybe?) his people. They didn't want his other queens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Wait a sec.

Sense? Make?
    They don't want cowards