Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Continuity = Marvel's toilet paper. lol
    Is the pure true since the start of the century, althought it wasn't immediate.

BANNED

Spider man is not gonna magically become old. Wolverine is ancient and they still got him lusting after 28 year old Jean...lol. All in all, they wont get aged up..like Batman and Superman never will.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Cut the bullshit and throw continuity by the window, they clearly don't care about it anymore, hell they don't even care about established characterization (i'm looking at you Schism). just had a vague timeline of events that happened without noting to specific, is not my preffered choice but at least is honest.
    Yeah this exactly. The timeline will never match real life and they're always gonna make it so stuff from the '60s wasn't many decades from now. So don't even bother with it. Idk why people care so much about it anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's not the best/

If I want development for some of the characters. You have certain characters that are in ruts, and have been doing the same stuff over & over for ages. Then when we start to move toward new stuff, it doesn't last and gets reset.

So like staying in neutral with character development, the STS doesn't need to happen to a grand extent. Characters should be allowed to age, develop, and go different places in life rather than staying static for 20+ years. Let some heroes retire eventually. Lol Hell, let some villains retire eventually and move on to other things.

Show clear ages differences with the cast. Rather than having some characters clearly grown up, but their superiors are the same age they were ages ago. I think Emma frost is a very controversial example of this.

I always thought Rogue to be in her 30's. Then Monet being around 21.
    Rogue at most could be 26...and that's pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah this exactly. The timeline will never match real life and they're always gonna make it so stuff from the '60s wasn't many decades from now. So don't even bother with it. Idk why people care so much about it anyway.
    Because it use to matter, is the reason of why follow a serialized tale is important, with always want to see the next chapter, but at this point, they clearly don't care anymore, so just cut it, the jumped a bridge with Avengers Disassemble and never looked back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    That's also why he is dead. Cyclops got so much character development and changed so much that doing the hard resets to status quo we usually get in comics was impossible with him.
    In a way it's almost like Buddhist Nirvana.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Spider-Man did too at some point, look where he is now
    At least Cyke didn't got rebooted

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Give it time

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

isn't tyke something similar?
    time traveling teenage version without the baggage?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    most people think his days are counted. it would have been a failed attempt at rebooting Cyclops, a Cyclops without any baggage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nah, he's more of an example of having their cake and eat it, although as someone said, his days may be counted, or Real Cyclops could take over his mind from beyond

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    most people think his days are counted. it would have been a failed attempt at rebooting Cyclops, a Cyclops without any baggage.
    the reboot worked great for deadpool

To be honest after Soule interview about Return Of Wolverine, i see barely likely that they would do some sort of reboot to Logan, maybe they would keep Jenkin's origin, but get rid of Way and Loeb bullshit... i could live with that, but i'm not getting my hopes very hight.

BANNED

When Cyclops comes back to life, they will reboot him to pre-Morrison characterization. They already established that he only thought about Jean when he was with Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    When Cyclops comes back to life, they will reboot him to pre-Morrison characterization. They already established that he only thought about Jean when he was with Emma.
    Uhhh..... that's a low blow for the White Queen

Did it say anywhere in the published materials that Scott was in his late 30's when he died? I know he has an extra 10 years on his consciousness due to his honeymoon in the future raising Nathan, but physically he should have been barely 30 like the others of his generation(including Peter Parker).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yeah good luck finding a writer willing to write that story, if marvel is stuck with Slott, Aaron, Spencer and co doing whatever they want is because as a company they can only attract enough creators to write characters in the way they want, with no room for creativity. . .

Hickman wanted to set up a story of Cyclops as a Monarch, if marvel wants him back I'm sure they'll have to accept his terms

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Did it say anywhere in the published materials that Scott was in his late 30's when he died? I know he has an extra 10 years on his consciousness due to his honeymoon in the future raising Nathan, but physically he should have been barely 30 like the others of his generation(including Peter Parker).
    In bendis room people say that Cyclops is a guy in his 40's and they don't buy that Tyke is the real Cyclops. . . I don't think Cyke is in his 40's, but he should be older than spiderman, so maybe 35-40 range