Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    The only version of Superman I like that has the underwear (because they're not trunks, trunks don't have a belt built in) is Flesicher Superman.

But otherwise, they have frankly out-stayed their welcome for way too long a time. since at least 1978.

Attachment 70979
    They are not underware either. They are shorts, with a belt. The leggings are just stretch. It is not good to keep you reproductive organs exposed. Shorts are not only good, but they are an essential part of the Shuster/Seigle design, FWIW.

You can argue about this forever. The only part of it that get me, is the accusation that the original outfit is not modern. That is so bogus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Batman doesn't wear trunks anymore and he is still Batman. Wonder Woman has an skirt now and she is still her. In fact, she looks better.

Same thing with Superman. The underwear does not define him, IMO.

Also, the 'S' has changed thru the years and it's still Superman. Some change is good.

Attachment 70992
    You call that a change in the S? The legal department calls is a treademark

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    It comes down to opinion. You think it's a mistake but I think it's a nice change that makes Superman look modern and cool. And I don't think I'm alone on this. Maybe I'm the minority in this forum, but I can assure you many feel like I do.
    Yes, but modern and cool to whom exactly? To some, well... I'd imagine to the ones who share similar beliefs , but this goes back to my original supposition because you are making the character about -you- and what you might find acceptable / comfortable (modern and cool) vs. what / how the character is presented (as is) -iconic and cool- and that is never out of style!
    Last edited by jimmy; 09-19-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Batman Rebirth #53 "Please prepare the original suit" "I need to remember who I am."

Attachment 71024
    LOL...good one and Looking Good!

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Actually, I can answer that: licensing. I've done work in music licensing (for companies who licensed both my music and images from other properties) and those things can take years to set up. In addition, license materials are usually a few years behind on changes unless there's a specific push from the company. It's why some things were New52 right away, but others stayed classic for a few years. The Rebirth suit was still being used after the Reborn suit came out, and the Reborn suit being used when they're back to the "new classic".

It's also up to the licensee. DC, if they're like other companies and I'm sure they are, sends a range of "accepted artworks" that can be licensed for use by the company doing the licensing to pick. One candy company, for example, had DC suckers for Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Clark and Diana were New52, but Batman was 90's era, trunks and all. Explain THAT one, I dare ya. lol

But yeah - there are a lot of business factors that're involved with the whys and hows of that kinda stuff, and not really to do with "being current" or even any sense of market preference.

Hope that helps.
    That makes sense. I guess time will tell, but I hope DC/WB continue to use the trunkless suits as well in all media.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Actually, I can answer that: licensing. I've done work in music licensing (for companies who licensed both my music and images from other properties) and those things can take years to set up. In addition, license materials are usually a few years behind on changes unless there's a specific push from the company. It's why some things were New52 right away, but others stayed classic for a few years. The Rebirth suit was still being used after the Reborn suit came out, and the Reborn suit being used when they're back to the "new classic".

It's also up to the licensee. DC, if they're like other companies and I'm sure they are, sends a range of "accepted artworks" that can be licensed for use by the company doing the licensing to pick. One candy company, for example, had DC suckers for Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Clark and Diana were New52, but Batman was 90's era, trunks and all. Explain THAT one, I dare ya. lol

But yeah - there are a lot of business factors that're involved with the whys and hows of that kinda stuff, and not really to do with "being current" or even any sense of market preference.

Hope that helps.
    I remember pointing out just how LONG it took nu52 to actually REACH merchandising. I think it was like 2 years before lego and imaginext and all the other backpacks and lunchboxes stopped having the trunks. DC made such a big push to promote their new trunkless version, but every toy and every lego movie and what not all still had them.

So yeah... there was definitely a time gap for the changes to trickle down to media licenses...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I remember pointing out just how LONG it took nu52 to actually REACH merchandising. I think it was like 2 years before lego and imaginext and all the other backpacks and lunchboxes stopped having the trunks. DC made such a big push to promote their new trunkless version, but every toy and every lego movie and what not all still had them.

So yeah... there was definitely a time gap for the changes to trickle down to media licenses...
    We are just no getting a Funko version of the TV Supergirl and that show has been on the air for three seasons.

86e903c31737457790ab463b4a1d5363lg.jpg

Master Hero Vladimir

I will always prefer the trunks and I'm glad they're back now, but honestly I rather liked his Rebirth suits, the DCEU suit and as well as the one on Justice League Action, none of which have the trunks. It's good to see that after so many years, Superman still endures.