Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why is Marvel pushing Kitty so much?

Do you guys think Marvel forcing Kitty down our throats has something to do with the upcoming Kitty Pryde solo movie Fox is working on before Disney deal?

http://collider.com/kitty-pryde-movi...er-fox-disney/
    http://collider.com/kitty-pryde-movi...x-men-spinoff/
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/...net-reacts/#10

Is Marvel pushing Kitty like this at the expense of more popular A-list characters making you like the character more? Do you feel that Marvel is succeeding in making Kitty an A-lister with the readers with the push the X-books are giving her? Does it motivate you to see her upcoming solo film? Thoughts?

I think the Kitty-worship going in the x-books, while likely appealing to Kitty's fanbase, are actually making other fans who used to not mind the character start to hate her. I used to feel indifferent towards the character. I used to not mind her filling a slot on x-rosters as I thought she brought a unique power to the team. However, seeing her in the role she's in at the expense of making older, and more experienced veterans look incompetent without her, has made me dislike the character. I will definitely not be seeing this Kitty solo movie, and I think there are TONS of more X-Men characters who are far more deserving of such a film than Kitty. Storm, Nightcrawler, Gambit (and not that crap that Channing Tatum is doing. I don't think he could play Gambit to save his life, to be honest), and Warpath are all more deserving of a solo than she, and they have far more story potential (especially Ororo).
    Last edited by rutog98; 06-27-2018 at 01:24 PM.

No, X-Men Gold started way before this movie was announced.

My personal theory is that straight guys who grew up reading comics in the 80s had a crush on Kitty. She was the geek girl they always wanted to meet. She was opinionated, attainable (canon not overly hot) and into video games.

It's straights guys writing their dream girlfriend.

If anything, Gold seems to be having the effect on these boards of turning people off the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No, X-Men Gold started way before this movie was announced.
    There were probably rumors going on about it in the Hollywood studios at around the start of Gold. Guggenheim is with Hollywood and all, so he would have heard and passed it on to Marvel. Then again, you may be right.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Wasn't Kitty Pryde an A-lister?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The only person that is getting a push because of the movies is probably Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Wasn't Kitty Pryde an A-lister?
    By what standards? She was never one of the top characters in a book like X-Men, X-Treme X-Men, or Uncanny X-Men like Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops. She was always a second or third-tier character.

BANNED

She wasn't even in the X-books less than two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    By what standards? She was never one of the top characters in a book like X-Men, X-Treme X-Men, or Uncanny X-Men like Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops. She was always a second or third-tier character.
    I only got the idea thanks to how frequently she appears evne when she's not in the position she is in currently.

BANNED

I only got the idea thanks to how frequently she appears evne when she's not in the position she is in currently.
    Kitty makes a GREAT support character in most x-books. She pretty much goes with any lineup in that capacity. That's why I think she appeared in books somewhat frequently. However, she makes a horrible center character as the readership doesn't connect with her as Marvel would like. She used to be on virtually all of my "Who would you put on your dream X-Men team?" lists alongside Ororo, Kurt, Gambit, Warpath or Colossus (depending on my mood), and Sage or Emma (again, depending on my mood). Now, if I never read about the character again, it would be too soon.

I wish I knew, but all this Kitty forcing is making me sick of her tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Kitty makes a GREAT support character in most x-books. She pretty much goes with any lineup in that capacity. That's why I think she appeared in books somewhat frequently. However, she makes a horrible center character as the readership doesn't connect with her as Marvel would like. She used to be on virtually all of my "Who would you put on your dream X-Men team?" lists alongside Ororo, Kurt, Gambit, Warpath or Colossus (depending on my mood), and Sage or Emma (again, depending on my mood). Now, if I never read about the character again, it would be too soon.
    Then I guess a solo title or mini-series for Kitty would be suicide.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

She became a leader of the X-Men and leaders always are front and center.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Then I guess a solo title or mini-series for Kitty would be suicide.
    Kitty is better when she has a foil to contrast her personality, maybe what she need is another mini with Logan