Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh, like someone else said in another thread, Jordan White still considers Magneto and Emma Frost irredeemably evil, so him writing the X-Books and undoing years of character development for nostalgia feels really gross.

He's not writting...

I didnt listen to the podcast but did he really say that Magneto and Emma Frost are irredeemably evil? Also I disagree if he thinks Battle of the Atom was a great crossover? Can someone clarify this.

Also if he reads this. Here's hoping for an Excalibur led by Psylocke. And a New Xmen mini. Is it really that hard to find a pitch for a reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    It is not possible to see something NOT happen.

WHAT???? JDW in the house? That is so cool. Really excited about the launching of the X-Books you´ve been working on, specially regarding the possible return of a certain Claremazon...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I didnt listen to the podcast but did he really say that Magneto and Emma Frost are irredeemably evil? Also I disagree if he thinks Battle of the Atom was a great crossover? Can someone clarify this.

Also if he reads this. Here's hoping for an Excalibur led by Psylocke. And a New Xmen mini. Is it really that hard to find a pitch for a reunion.
    He says he prefers them as antagonistic towards the X-Men (not neccesarily villains).

I also don't think he mentions BotA. That's just the name of the podcast.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Nice interview, and very much looking forward to the announcements as well as the "real" start of the JDW era. Fingers crossed for something truly great!

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I almost died laughing when they talked about CBR forum .
    Me too. While passionate fans are awesome, I think we've all been guilty of being overzealous at times. Sometimes I can't abide the knee jerk negativity I see, but can't say I've never gone there. But there are also lots of great discussions on here with so many diverse perspectives. I think listening to this podcast would put a lot of people at ease though. I was really glad to hear that trade sales down the line can have an impact on books like miniseries and solo titles and the emphasis on these works being a collaboration. Good talk. Thanks for sharing JDW!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Me too. While passionate fans are awesome, I think we've all been guilty of being overzealous at times. Sometimes I can't abide the knee jerk negativity I see, but can't say I've never gone there. But there are also lots of great discussions on here with so many diverse perspectives. I think listening to this podcast would put a lot of people at ease though. I was really glad to hear that trade sales down the line can have an impact on books like miniseries and solo titles and the emphasis on these works being a collaboration. Good talk. Thanks for sharing JDW!
    I agreed, i make all those threads about opinions becuase i like to know what most people think, i don't always agreed woth then but reading Psylurker, FURBAR007, Yogaflame and SpiderClops opinions are always interesting, same goes for a few other posters here .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I agreed, i make all those threads about opinions becuase i like to know what most people think, i don't always agreed woth then but reading Psylurker, FURBAR007, Yogaflame and SpiderClops opinions are always interesting, same goes for a few other posters here .
    Thank you very much, I sometimes read your comments too.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Thank you very much, I sometimes read your comments too.
    Thanks, is kice to see that some people enjoy then (even when my redaction left a lot to be desired).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He says he prefers them as antagonistic towards the X-Men (not neccesarily villains).

I also don't think he mentions BotA. That's just the name of the podcast.
    I prefer Magneto as the 'villain with a point' myself, and he at least has been skating the line between antihero and antivillain so tightly that he could become either one fully without much change in who he is. Emma requires a little work, but I wouldn't consider it too far out of line for her to be portrayed in a similar light. As a pure villain she wouldn't work (at least without jettisoning years of character development), but she would fit much better as the new (90s) Magneto to someone else's new Xavier (bonus cattiness if it's Jean).

The BotA event was lackluster, but I still say it had one of the best first issues I have seen for an event in years before or since. It looks worse than it is largely due to the potential that was wasted by the initial setup (a microcosm of the entire Bendis run, IMO).

Bota was trash the first issue was trash too. From start to finish the only thing maybe worse then it is axis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I prefer Magneto as the 'villain with a point' myself, and he at least has been skating the line between antihero and antivillain so tightly that he could become either one fully without much change in who he is. Emma requires a little work, but I wouldn't consider it too far out of line for her to be portrayed in a similar light. As a pure villain she wouldn't work (at least without jettisoning years of character development), but she would fit much better as the new (90s) Magneto to someone else's new Xavier (bonus cattiness if it's Jean).

The BotA event was lackluster, but I still say it had one of the best first issues I have seen for an event in years before or since. It looks worse than it is largely due to the potential that was wasted by the initial setup (a microcosm of the entire Bendis run, IMO).
    90s Magneto was a straight-up villain. Scott Lobdell referred to him as Mutant Hitler.

90s Magneto was a straight-up villain. Scott Lobdell referred to him as Mutant Hitler.
    Early 90's I guess, back when Claremont was still writing. Also, the animated series characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I need a weekly Emma fix, this half hazard villian snickt is wearing thin. Any word on the infinity thing?
    Truly when is Emma supposed to make her appearance in this event cause I have not have seen anything to indicate that she will appear
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

JDW says we'll hear some announcements at SDCC (July 19-22) and the leadup to it
    I would pay to hear them sooner. And to know if Cable will have a role somewhere once his solo ends this summer... *sigh*