Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Why is the impostor Catwoman Black? How does that even work?

Alfred miaow. What a bitch forwarding her robbing gear in such a polite manner.

I won't be continuing with this book. It was quite boring.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-04-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I mean the book was marketed as Selina adjusting to this new status quo and now to find that it was all a lie . . .
    Well did a new status quo have to mean she was married?
    Isn't a "woman-who-ditched-her-husband-to-be-on-their-wedding-day" (which I'm only assuming since I haven't yet bought and read Catwoman #1 / didn't necessarily plan to buy Batman #50) a new status quo for Selina?

It was just ok, not great, not bad. Looked great. Well written. I figured it would have a little more retrospect on everything that recently went down. Plot kinda feels like one we’ve seen many times.

By the way, for those who've read a physical/printed copy, did the change in paper stock make any difference?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Art is enough for me to keep reading, love how Joelle draws Selina.

BANNED

What a droll issue.

There is virtually nothing interesting about this, where this would have been if DC had some balls.

Dead on arrival. Get her back in the main book so they can give us the actual wedding.

This was just awful. I won't be continuing with this book. I feel DC has conned me twice now. I had such high hopes for this series. Other than the artwork it is simply bad...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Please Joelle make this book good so king can not use catwoman as a crux and people will notice how bad his batman is as a hero and emotionally too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why is the impostor Catwoman Black? How does that even work?

Alfred miaow. What a bitch forwarding her robbing gear in such a polite manner.

There's a whole bunch of impostors. Did you even read the entire issue?

I loved it!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Best book I’ve read in a long while. Catwoman looks to be in really good hands with this team...can’t wait for the next issue!
    I agree! Love the new villain!

Always Rakzo

I have been anticipating this for a while. As I said before, Jones' work was the best thing from King's run and she doesn't disappoint here. The consequences of Selina's leaving Bruce are well-executed from a character point and she introduces a new villain that plays strongly with Catwoman's theme about duality and is pretty interesting to boot.

And of course, Jones' art is glorious. The storytelling tells the plot perfectly and the characters are gorgeous. My only complaint is that it was a bit short but what we had was pretty good.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

What do people think of the new paper stock they're using? It's not thin and flimsy feeling like newsprint, but it's matte, not glossy. I didn't really want to test it to see if the ink would bleed like Marvel's paper quality has been for many years, but I'm curious to know if it's as strongly bonded with the ink as the glossy is.

Jones's art was really great, but I have to admit that the story feels a bit too simple. And I'm not a huge fan of characters on the run, because they can't interact with others very significantly, which is my favorite part of most stories.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Seems to be a standart start for an ongoing. We will see how it goes. Overall the art is gorgeous and that's alone for me to give it a chance.

Spectacular Member

I loved the note that was with the package that was sent. Alfred only being savage as Alfred can. The fact that he signed it as just Pennyworth, perfect. Here's your stuff, bye! Selina didn't just break Bruce's heart, she broke Alfred's too.