Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And I'm hoping King stays as far away from this book as possible!

He's already created enough possible problems for it because of Batman #50!
    My guess is they’ll team together for whatever outcome occurs from the events of #50 or that Jones already knows the end point he has in mind. Regardless Selina will be on her own for a while and I’m looking forward to her possibly crossing paths with certain characters, based on her discussion with Joker in Batman #49.

I’d be curious to see how Jones handles her relationship with other notorious Gotham villains.

BANNED

Jones has made it clear that she wont use rogues previously used already and that she'll focus on giving Selina exclusive new villains which indirectly we'll seeing little to none of Gotham's other villains. Besides the book isn't even set in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3706655

This first look at the new costume in an actual comic book interior page and in "action" is my favorite peek of it so far. If they maintain this sleekness and elegance even when Jones is not drawing it then count me as a major fan.

Attachment 66671
    The Catwoman images were good. The rest of it was average not bad, maybe a bit too scratchy a artstyle for me (pun not intended).

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The variant cover looks hot
    Yes, it does. What other superheroes has that artist drawn???

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So give it to #100, and spend a ton more money, to MAYBE get what we were promised would be in #50?

Yeah no, not falling for it again.
    Terrible marketing promise, imo. That's like 2½ years of diluting, if not ruining, anticipation in regards to Bat/Cat. If King still controls that portion of the Batverse that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Catwoman#1 is among the first comics from DC to switch back to matt paper

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...to-matt-paper/
    Interesting. Is it cheaper to produce?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why is the impostor Catwoman Black? How does that even work?

Alfred miaow. What a bitch forwarding her robbing gear in such a polite manner.

I won't be continuing with this book. It was quite boring.
    I am conflicted trying to infer Alfred's motives. As for the story, it was average at best with organic followup and a decent last page twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Jones has made it clear that she wont use rogues previously used already and that she'll focus on giving Selina exclusive new villains which indirectly we'll seeing little to none of Gotham's other villains. Besides the book isn't even set in Gotham.
    Ah, good to know. I’m all for Selina establishing adversaries of her own too. (So many other Batfamily characters could use this approach too.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

To me, it's hard to imagine a "fresher" approach to Selina than what Genevieve Valentine gave us in New 52's Catwoman #35-46.

Haha, I'm a big fan.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    All 6 or 12 months of it
    Hopefully it will last longer than that. If it Joelle finds doing two jobs too tough then she should get a writing partner. Chuck Dixon would be great on this book. In all I am so happy to see the old Selina back. I'm adding this to my pull list.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

To me, it's hard to imagine a "fresher" approach to Selina than what Genevieve Valentine gave us in New 52's Catwoman #35-46.

Those were some good comic books.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Those were some good comic books.
    Fellow fan!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Pretty good. Story set up and we are good to go for issue 2.

For some reason some of the backgrounds reminded me of Metropol by ted mckeever which is no bad thing - flat colours where inking does all the work. The matte paper really accentuated this.

Im in for first arc to see if its worth sticking with. Glad she will have her own rogues as joker etc do nothing for me at all.

Fantastic Member

Wish that was the case could have good stories while destroying bat/cat for all time which I am all for. I always like it when she travels the globe and shows that she is the best at she does. New 52 batman and catwoman was great. She was doing her own thing seperate from bruce and I liked that a lot. While new 52 superman sucked then now the opposite occurs during rebirth and until now. Wish they would both be good at the same time.
    Last edited by nonsense man; 07-11-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Ugh.... I tried... I mean I really tried, but the art made me put the book back. I don't know, after hearing such praise for the art, maybe it's not bad but it's just not my style.

I haven't read this yet but I will be picking this up for sure. I'm more excited to read this series now after reading Batman #50. I had a feeling the wedding wouldn't go through and now I'm excited to see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post

Yes, it does. What other superheroes has that artist drawn???

I am conflicted trying to infer Alfred's motives. As for the story, it was average at best with organic followup and a decent last page twist.

The Artist recently drew Supergirl Cover's. Stunning and at times suggestive Supergirl Covers.

Yeah I struggled to get a read on Alfred's motives here. It came across as slighting since he only sent her Catwoman costume. Surely Selina's belonging's constitute more than one leather catsuit and a whip?