Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    What a droll issue.

There is virtually nothing interesting about this, where this would have been if DC had some balls.

Dead on arrival. Get her back in the main book so they can give us the actual wedding.
    This is what we don't need.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

I have no interest in a solo Catwoman book. Not going there.

The art is great but the coloring is... iffy. I understand this is the book where they were going back to matte paper but it's just a little too bright/dont go together. I'm excited to see more though.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I have no interest in a solo Catwoman book. Not going there.
    Ok...

Ive not read a single issue of Kings Batman but picked this up just for JJs art. Really enjoyed it overall. I'll be back for #2.

God damn Alfred coming in with the heat!
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I found the issue really enjoyable. The art is of course extraordinary and felt Laura's colors suited the art and characters well. The story gave me a bit of a noirish feel, like an old detective story. I liked the narrative and the intrigue of the villain.
    I would definitely give it at least a 4.5 out of 5.

Astonishing Member

Given issue 50

I'll be skipping this

And in all honesty this might be a nice jumping off point for batman mythos books in general

If not all dc for a good while
    Last edited by kilderkin; 07-04-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Beautiful art. Story was good-ish. I’ve moved to trades tho, so DC can sell me volume 1 in about year based on their normal trade schedule.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Hope I'll get a run to rival Brubaker's since I never enjoyed Catwoman more than there (tradereader, though).

It was a bit too "I'm the victim" for Catwoman in the issue. Plus the anger is still fresh, so I don't think I'll bother for the moment. Might be worth picking up in trades down the line.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This was... fine? I guess?

It did make me realize I'm not as down with Jones's art as a lot of people are.
    I think Jones's art is gorgeous. I think her ability to layout and communicate action is much less so. And this book was nearly all action.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, for those who've read a physical/printed copy, did the change in paper stock make any difference?
    I thought it was fine - I was worried it'd be thin and flimsy, but it's thick and heavy. I didn't get a chance to see if the ink ran on fingers - since I was flipping through it in the store, I didn't want to damage any copies - but that's a big worry for me. The other being how will the color last - my comics on matte newsprint paper from the early/mid 2000s have faded quite a bit.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I thought it was fine - I was worried it'd be thin and flimsy, but it's thick and heavy. I didn't get a chance to see if the ink ran on fingers - since I was flipping through it in the store, I didn't want to damage any copies - but that's a big worry for me. The other being how will the color last - my comics on matte newsprint paper from the early/mid 2000s have faded quite a bit.
    But back in the last century, that was a cheaper/flimsier paper stock than what I'm assuming DC would be using now? Color may last better with different stock and advances in the printing/coloring.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But back in the last century, that was a cheaper/flimsier paper stock than what I'm assuming DC would be using now? Color may last better with different stock and advances in the printing/coloring.
    I hope so. I like having physical, but as a digital guy as well, I've had to double buy some of the older comics for best reading experience (and I'm still mad that I can't get Detective Comics Annual #1 digitally. C'mon, DC!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I really enjoyed this first issue. I think it nicely set up Selina's new circumstances and mystery as to why someone wants to use/set her up. Looking forward to see where Jones goes with this.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This was a really enjoyable and interesting first issue. Raina Creel has me quite intrigued.
    My only nit is the art. There were some beauty-full pages but I feel that Joelle's line work could have been more compelling if only the inking wasn't so 'messy' in spots (Raina Creel's 'reveal' pages, eg.) But I definitely looking forward to issue #2.