Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's still plenty of room I think for an Obi-Wan movie, given he was there for almost two decades, and the marvel comics & Rebels don't cover too much of that time. There's even a possibility that Obi-Wan would temporarily leave Tatooine for some important reason (Something that occured in the "Last of the Jedi" novels).
    Not saying that there isn't any room for it, for now at least, as pointed out who ever writes it will have to follow what has already been done with him. I was hyped at first at the prospect of Ewin McGregor retaking the mantel and there will have to be a "Hello There" some where in it but the more I thought about it the more I think meh-.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You can shorten and tighten the pace of Canto but you can't cut it.

The overall theme of failure gets lost when you cut it.
    I have to disagree. I feel you can get the same effect and arguably better if you cut it out and replace it with something else. Instead of the war profiteering and PETA messages. I think it would've been more effective to have them infiltrating a stormtrooper recruitment run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I think it would've been more effective to have them infiltrating a stormtrooper recruitment run.
    Actually showing the First Order stealing babies might be a bit too dark for Lucasfilm.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I have to disagree. I feel you can get the same effect and arguably better if you cut it out and replace it with something else. Instead of the war profiteering and PETA messages. I think it would've been more effective to have them infiltrating a stormtrooper recruitment run.
    Agreed. The "theme of failure" is covered just fine with Luke and Rey. Finn and Rose don't actually "fail" at Canto anyways, they get captured, instantly break free and set free a bunch of animals to tear up the town. DJ even succeeds in the code breaking, he just sells them out afterwards. It could easily be replaced, the only important component (for "the failure") is DJ's betrayal.

And I like your idea of infiltrating a Stormtrooper recruitment run. Finn has so much untapped potential as a former member of the First Order, but they won't do anything with it in the films. Seeing him try to reach his old comrades in arms (who were also abducted and forced into the First Order's military) or something, instead he's just the cliche black comedy relief good guy.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Actually showing the First Order stealing babies might be a bit too dark for Lucasfilm.
    As opposed to having children cut down with a lightsaber at the Jedi Temple?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    As opposed to having children cut down with a lightsaber at the Jedi Temple?
    Isn't actually shown.

Isn't actually shown.
    Shoot, my bad. Guess I got confused after watching all the beheadings and flesh being fried off the body by molten lava in that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Shoot, my bad. Guess I got confused after watching all the beheadings and flesh being fried off the body by molten lava in that film.
    While they don't show the actual act, they do the next 'best' thing. The only part left to the imagination is exactly how brutal Anakin was when he cut the kids down.

The same Lucasfilm that made Temple of Doom?

iMan 42s

How dark are we going here? Lucasfilm has done at least;

-Temple of Doom (although a different franchise of a different decade)
    -Visible dismemberment (Anakin, Luke, Ponda Baba, Mace Windu) and at least four acts of beheading I can remember (Jango, Gree and one of his clones, Dooku)
    -Grevious got shot so much he got internally set on fire and his eyeballs exploded out of their sockets
    -The clones or military gunning down a minor (the Jedi that got shot while Bail Organa watched)
    -Anakin got set on fire and we see him receive life threatening burns
    -Anakin on the operating table getting treated for said burns
    -Darth Maul got cut in half and he can be seen screaming falling into the pit on Naboo
    -Jedi are getting gunned down in the order 66 sequence where in the speeder bike part you can see the Jedi's body smack against a structure before the speeder bike itself crashes
    -One of Finn's friends dies in his arms leaving visible blood on Finn's helmet
    -Kylo Ren beheads a prisoner
    -An execution of a town is within the opening of TFA
    -We see what happens planet-side as Starkiller base fires on civilians
    -Snoke not only got cut in half but even got his arm severed in the process and we later cut to his corpse, face first
    -Guy in the then prior fight sequence also gets a lightsaber to the face

I'm just saying Lucasfilm can get away with some dark stuff
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Just leaving this here.

It's about TheLast Jedi's structure and why you can't just cut out Canto Bight.

His defense of Holdo isn't really justified though because there are multiple people who join the coup against her, including other bridge personnel. She just didn't tell anyone her plan for no reason at all. There is also the issue that if she knew Poe was reckless then why would she go out of her way to antagonize him, particularly when he was a charismatic hero of the resistance.

Also, man, some people really need to let Man of Steel go. If you don't like the film fine, but the hatred that film gets is just as irrational as the hatred TLJ gets (the same is true for BvS). Not to mention I found out that the Hulk Crit guy pretty much reneged on his thesis anyway amidst his theories being harshly criticized.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 07-07-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    His defense of Holdo isn't really justified though because there are multiple people who join the coup against her, including other bridge personnel. She just didn't tell anyone her plan for no reason at all. There is also the issue that if she knew Poe was reckless then why would she go out of her way to antagonize him, particularly when he was a charismatic hero of the resistance.

Also, man, some people really need to let Man of Steel go. If you don't like the film fine, but the hatred that film gets is just as irrational as the hatred TLJ gets (the same is true for BvS). Not to mention I found out that the Hulk Crit guy pretty much reneged on his thesis anyway amidst his theories being harshly criticized.
    What did Film Crit Hulk do now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    His defense of Holdo isn't really justified though because there are multiple people who join the coup against her, including other bridge personnel. She just didn't tell anyone her plan for no reason at all.
    She told all the people who needed to know, which did not include Poe and his buddies?

What? You think she was refuelling those ships herself?

Poe just got a lot of people killed while disobeying orders, and got demoted for it by Leia herself. Why on earth would Holdo trust Poe with the big plan?
    Justifiedly so because Poe is the one that leaked it to some guys who were on the enemy flagship.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-07-2018 at 11:07 PM.

If they keep making mediocre movies like the last jedi then yes, it could mean trouble.

And, oh, look at that, Ryan Johnson has a new shinny trilogy of movies to make lol.

Is anyone at Disney even still giving a damn at this point?

Episode 9 still is going to be a commercial success though, there is no question about that. Jar Jar Abrams is back at the helm, some seems to believe it's a good news, it's the last movie of the prequels (thanks god) and people who have watched the two first want to know of course and far it's going to fall.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 07-08-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

She told all the people who needed to know, which did not include Poe and his buddies?

What? You think she was refuelling those ships herself?

Poe just got a lot of people killed while disobeying orders, and got demoted for it by Leia herself. Why on earth would Holdo trust Poe with the big plan?
    Justifiedly so because Poe is the one that leaked it to some guys who were on the enemy flagship.
    And the one thing he's good at, flying an X-Wing, was rendered moot when they blew up the hanger with all the fighters. Even if he wasn't just demoted, Poe has no expertise or skills relevant to any plan they could possibly come up with. Fighter pilots are not privy to every decision made by the navy when there are no fighter planes to fly.