15 48.39%
  • Jon Leaves With Jor El, Lois blames Clark and leaves him

8 25.81%
  • Lois stays with Clark, but is angry at him, tension in marriage

8 25.81%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Lois Lane's Fate Post-Man Of Steel

With Man of Steel#6 out on Wednesday, questions over what has become of Lois and Jon will be settled. Jon's fate was made somewhat clear in MOS#5, he is willing to go with Jor-El on a tour of the galaxy, but does this neccersarily mean he will need company? Or is something far more dramatic about to happen with Lois?

Bendis has previously shared Instagram images of Lois by herself in the pages of Action Comics 1001, indicating she does not travel with Jon and remains on Earth...but is she still with Clark? It's possible Lois could be extremely ticked off at Clark for allowing her only child to leave Earth, and may be on the outs with him, even quitting the Daily Planet so as not to be around him. One hole in that theory is prior to Rogul Zarr's destruction of the fortress, Clark made mention of being able to contact those he'd lost via the crystals, so why doesn't Lois stay around him so she can do the same?

A solicitation for AC 1003 in September reveals that she is with Lex Luthor, and asks just what she is doing around him.

Issues 1004 and 1005 on Instagram were also revealed as being "huge stories" for Lois and Clark "storywise", what kind of "unique" story could Bendis be telling with them? He's said they will be abandoning conventional values and making the most of the situation in front of them, but could that mean they are working through a troubled marriage on their own and on their own terms?

So it's make your mind up time, do you think Lois initially travels with Jon, only to return at an unspecified point and her and Clark's story told from there...or does Jon leave her behind, which drives her away from Clark for at least a year?

Do you have a link for "abandoning conventional values?" I'd love to read that.
    Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Do you have a link for "abandoning conventional values?" I'd love to read that.
    I forget which thread it was (either Man of Steel Discussion or Bendis gets Both Books)

One or three, as of now I can't decide which, it can really go either way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Lois and Clark get into Swinging.

I have a really bad feeling Bendis is going to go with two.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Option 1 seems more likely.

Master Hero Vladimir

I'm not concerned about Clark and Lois' marriage being in danger anymore. The story Bendis is writing on the Superman books is yet to fully play out, so I'm not gonna hold it against Bendis until I get to see the full picture. Also, DC has made it clear that Superman's wife and son are permanent fixtures in the Superman saga, so it's not like Clark and Lois are gonna be in any significant trouble that threatens to destroy their family. It didn't work out in the New 52 and it's not gonna work out now. Superman Reborn even made it clear that the universe makes a little less sense when Clark and Lois are not together.

Astonishing Member

I do think she leaves with Jon. She and Clark agree to it since Jon is so adamant about going with Jor-El and neither fully trust their son alone with him.

Fantastic Member

wish they loan her out to knightwing because his enemy uses media techniques proproganda to disrupt things passively or agressively having someone like lois being an ally of his for this would be great. If bendis does not have an interesting story for her that would have been awesome to do

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

option 1...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Either 1 or 3.

Even if it's 2 I don't imagine it will be permanent, so I wouldn't be bothered by it right away.

My hope is that its #1 and its revealed that Lois is mysteriously teleported back to Earth right in front of Superman's eyes after the Earth gets out of the Phantom Zone. Not unlike Jor-El's teleportation at the end of Oz Effect. They pretty much panic because Jon is out there all alone and neither of them gets what happened and it starts to put a strain on things.

Add to that, in such a mysterious situation, it wouldn't be out of the realm of understanding for her to turn to another of the Earth's smartest men in Lex Luthor to maybe try and get to the bottom of things.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I'm not concerned about Clark and Lois' marriage being in danger anymore. The story Bendis is writing on the Superman books is yet to fully play out, so I'm not gonna hold it against Bendis until I get to see the full picture. Also, DC has made it clear that Superman's wife and son are permanent fixtures in the Superman saga, so it's not like Clark and Lois are gonna be in any significant trouble that threatens to destroy their family. It didn't work out in the New 52 and it's not gonna work out now. Superman Reborn even made it clear that the universe makes a little less sense when Clark and Lois are not together.
    In comics, things are permanent until they aren't.

I'm no believer that the marriage is in any real trouble. But at the same time, I don't believe in using things like the Reborn "the universe isn't right if Lois and Clark aren't together" cheesiness as any example. At the end of the day its just about what the company believes is best for business, not what a pretty lame meta line in a specific installment of a book says.

That said with the success of Jon I think it ensures the marriage. Jon popular=what's best for business revolves around him in the sense that Jon being in a broken home wouldn't go over well I'd imagine. He made it relevant again. He's not going anywhere, so the marriage isn't going anywhere. If Jon's popularity ever sinks, then worry. Beyond that, outside of troubles every now and again (which is completely in bounds and valid to utilize), they'll end up fine.