Default Spoiler Free Review of Rebirth Detective 966-981

Over the last two days I read Detective 966-981. First, I have to say BINGE reading is the way to go, IF...you can avoid spoilers.

First, the journey of Clayface, ever since the start of REBIRTH DETECTIVE, has been a very good read from start to finish...to start? It seems just like something Batman would do, give someone a shot a redemption, someone who did not really CHOSE to become what they...had become.

Now, as far as the Batmen Eternal story line goes, well, it brings in one of my least favorite things into the Batman mythos. FOR ME, Batman is, as much as possible, a street level, real world (in the comic's world) character. So magic, time travel, all of that, really throw me off in Batman stories. In this story line, I also felt there were trying to make EVERYONE better than Batman; more intellectual, a better fighter, better morals - Batman IS human but, isn't he supposed to be top notch, a step AHEAD of everyone else? If you have to tear a character down to make others look better, then are they really that good at all?

All that said, I have enjoyed reading Batman Rebirth and Detective Rebirth (even New 52 Detective) more than reading New 52 Batman - some people LOVE Scott Snyder, but he is NOT my favorite Batman writer by a long shot (and he knows that.)

So I still have two issues of Detective to read to be fully caught up and then tomorrow night, my LCS, Yancy Street Comics South, will be hosting a midnight party for BATMAN 50! What a great way to head into the 4th of July!

Detective-Comics-934-.jpg

DETECTIVE_981.jpg

Just finished Detective 982 - a nice through back to Deacon Blackfire...