View Poll Results: Watchmen or Charlton?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watchmen

6 11.54%
  • Charlton

41 78.85%
  • Unsure

3 5.77%
  • No opinion

2 3.85%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default A Watchmen ongoing vs a Charlton characters ongoing

If you had a choice between DC's launching a Watchmen ongoing or an ongoing starring the Charlton characters, which would you like to see?

Watchmen is one of those properties where having a sequel doesn't do it, or us, any favors. That's a rarity in comics, but Watchmen is one of them. I would have no interest in a ongoing. I don't really like that they're being used in Rebirth at all, even though I've been enjoying Doomsday Clock despite myself.

The Charlton characters.....it'd have to be a very good hook to get me to stick with it, but I like the characters for the most part, and they're actually designed for serial storytelling.

Charlton seems the better option to me, though a Watchmen ongoing would generate tons of hype early on before everyone starts to realize that as a monthly thing, it doesn't pack the punch of the original.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

Charlton characters were intended for an ongoing. Watchmen were designed for a single story. Let it be (DC won't, but should).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Charlton all the way. I've never really been interested in The Watchmen and Geoff Johns is the only reason I'm reading about them in Doomsday Clock.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I would love to see an ongoing of Morrison’s version of Earth 4.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

For the love of god, DC, leave The Watchmen alone already...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

To get into a bit more detail, I think Captain Atom is too powerful to fit in a Charlton title. So I'd do a swap. I'd move him into the JSA, and move the JSA's street-level characters into the Charlton title.

And I'd move Batman out of JL and into the Charlton comic, where he'd be a better fit. I'd put Green Arrow in it too.

That would sell, I betcha.

BANNED

But watch DC give us a Watchmen comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    To get into a bit more detail, I think Captain Atom is too powerful to fit in a Charlton title. So I'd do a swap. I'd move him into the JSA, and move the JSA's street-level characters into the Charlton title.
    Meh. Superman is usually way too powerful for the Justice League, and nobody gives him crap over that.

Invincible Member

The Watchmen doesn't work as an ongoing.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If you had a choice between DC's launching a Watchmen ongoing or an ongoing starring the Charlton characters, which would you like to see?
    I really want to see more Question, Nightshade, Blue Beetle, Atom, etc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really want to see more Question, Nightshade, Blue Beetle, Atom, etc.
    Too bad only one of the those characters have had success holding a solo. Which Blue Beetle do you like the best?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Meh. Superman is usually way too powerful for the Justice League, and nobody gives him crap over that.
    The idea is that the Charlton comic would work as DC's street level team. All the company's street level characters could go there. Hawkman and Black Canary too. There's no point in putting one character like Captain Atom in the comic. He can show the JSA around the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would love to see an ongoing of Morrison’s version of Earth 4.
    This might be a good way to have both. Heck you could have done Doomsday clock with them instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    This might be a good way to have both. Heck you could have done Doomsday clock with them instead.
    The failure of Earth 2 should serve as a warning against launching ongoings that are set in other places and times.