View Poll Results: Watchmen or Charlton?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watchmen

6 11.54%
  • Charlton

41 78.85%
  • Unsure

3 5.77%
  • No opinion

2 3.85%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    You don't know what I would buy. But you said this: "Personally I would almost certainly not buy a Charlton book."

You wouldn't buy a Charlton comic, yet earlier in this thread you demanded that one include the most powerful Charlton characters! You demanded that a comic you wouldn't buy include certain characters!

Who is going to listen to that?

Why did you go to the mat with a demand like that, unless you were just trying to win an argument that you have no interest in?
    The entire thread (and practically every other thread you post) is 100% hypothetical and not based in reality.

But I feel strongly that if you're going to do what you were calling a Charlton book that it really should be a Charlton book instead of another Batman & The Outsiders, now with three Charlton characters on the roster.

And I would probably not buy it because it would probably be cancelled before the first trade comes out, so what would be the point since I'm not buying floppies of anything?

And again, your poll isn't about would you buy this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    So you're not really interested in discussing Charleton heroes, after all. OK; I'm out.
    Seriously.

It's going to be "Charlton" in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    They should do a Charlton team book but instead of Captain Atom it should have Atomic Mouse. And instead of Peacemaker and Liberty Belle and Blue Beetle it should have Duck Dodgers, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, Sharky and George, Daisy Duck and Batman. It should be a funny animal level book.

There's your money maker DC. You're welcome.
    Now, we're actually talking.

If the idea is "Essentially Abandon The "Charlton" Name, But Go Ahead And Use It Anyway...", this would be a far more interesting approach.

BANNED

Well, some folks who admit they wouldn't buy it regardless also wouldn't buy it if it were all-Charlton.

OK, I think I can live with that. I imagine that DC could too.

Anyway I guarantee that there's not a horde of people out there who will say, "What? This is not 100 percent Charlton? This is garbage!"

But there is a horde of people who will look at the Charlton characters and think, "Who are these guys?"

The Charlton characters need help to sell. I've proposed using seven or so of them in a comic. and a way to help them sell. If that's not good enough for a few people who wouldn't buy the comic anyway, and of course nothing ever is, then those are the breaks for them
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-05-2018 at 04:40 AM.

If that is the case, what's the point in even framing it in "Charlton" terms?

You are saying that they can't sell under there own power. If that's the case, why frame it that way?

Invincible Member

You know what might be fun? A team up mini series that brings together the Charlton characters as they investigate a mystery involving an E-Man proxy character.

Well, some folks who admit they wouldn't buy it regardless also wouldn't buy it if it were all-Charlton.

OK, I think I can live with that. I imagine that DC could too.

Anyway I guarantee that there's not a horde of people out there who will say, "What? This is not 100 percent Charlton? This is garbage!"

But there is a horde of people who will look at the Charlton characters and think, "Who are these guys?"

The Charlton characters need help to sell. I've proposed using seven or so of them in a comic. and a way to help them sell. If that's not good enough for a few people who wouldn't buy the comic anyway, and of course nothing ever is, then those are the breaks for them
    Actually, what you've done is make a poll that shows that people would rather see DC launch a Charlton title instead of a Watchmen one. The wording in the poll has nothing to do with whether anyone would actually read the book, just which one people would prefer to exist.

We came in expecting a conversation about the merits of the Charlton roster v. the Watchmen, and the viability of the two IP's both long and short term in the various current markets. What we got was you saying you want a "Batman & His Friends" book.

And we've already all debated the value of adding the Bat, but I don't think the people who came into this thread wanted to discuss the Bat. I think they wanted to talk about the characters in the thread's title.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Actually, what you've done is make a poll that shows that people would rather see DC launch a Charlton title instead of a Watchmen one. The wording in the poll has nothing to do with whether anyone would actually read the book, just which one people would prefer to exist.

We came in expecting a conversation about the merits of the Charlton roster v. the Watchmen, and the viability of the two IP's both long and short term in the various current markets. What we got was you saying you want a "Batman & His Friends" book.

And we've already all debated the value of adding the Bat, but I don't think the people who came into this thread wanted to discuss the Bat. I think they wanted to talk about the characters in the thread's title.
    Wrong. This thread is about Foghorn Leghorn teaming up with Charlton characters. I am very smart and know how to make things sell and I think DC would care about sells too because I know sells and Foghorn Leghorn is it. Just wait and see, believe me.

Ultimate Member

Says WHO???

This message board will NEVER and I repeat NEVER represent all comic book readers. Not even half of them online let alone off line.

If we went by what this message board likes to say-

Every book would only star straight white males.
    POC, LGBT & women belong in the background and stay out of comic book stores.
    Inhumans should be exterminated.
    Black Panther should have been such a failure it put Marvel out of business.
    No other comic book company matters

Yet in REALITY where we live in-
    A film with so-called icons-Flash,WW, Batman, Aquaman & Superman got it behind HANDED to them by a guy in a cat suit in a film one of the PRODUCERS said NO ONE WOULD SUPPORT.
    Books called Ms Marvel & Moon Girl have outsold books with Batman & Superman
    Low selling properties like Blade & Antman have killed at the box office
    Companies like Lion Forge are stepping up to save this industry with the variety that Marvel & DC seem to have issues with

We don't know if this book COULD sell. Especially with the Bat.

What we do know is there is NOTHING wrong with trying.

BANNED

Folks, it's HARD to sell an ongoing. That's by far the main thing that posters here get wrong. They badly and persistently underestimate how hard it is.

It's why people come here and list 30 ongoings they want to see launched. That's fun to do, but it's out of touch.

Oyez, oyez, oyez. These are the only ongoings DC is selling.

Batman

Detective Comics

Flash

Action Comics

Harley Quinn

Wonder Woman

Green Lanterns (now with Hal Jordan)

Suicide Squad

Nightwing

Aquaman (struggling)

Green Arrow (struggling)

Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks.

That's a strikingly bare cupboard, isn't it?

Anyone who thinks DC can throw an ongoing out there with ONLY Charlton characters in it, and it'll surely sell, is smoking wacky tobacco.

Anyone who thinks a comic with only Charlton characters will NECESSARILY be better than one with other characters in it is smoking loco weed.

It needs to be roided up before it can compete in this super-tough market. Of course it does.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-05-2018 at 08:48 PM.

But none of that has anything to do with the actual thread.

And there's several ongoing titles you forgot to list too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.