Question Thread deletion?

Can we ask why threads are deleted or removed that don't violate standard and rules? Or is this just a moderator decision we shouldn't inquire about?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Can we ask why threads are deleted or removed that don't violate standard and rules? Or is this just a moderator decision we shouldn't inquire about?
    Are you talking about a specific thread you created, or just about deleted threads in general?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are you talking about a specific thread you created, or just about deleted threads in general?
    both. It's rare from what I've seen, but I've noticed it two or three times over the last 4 years. I know we aren't suppose to talk about banning and I feel this kind of falls under the same territory, so I'm just trying to be respectful but I'm also curious as to why.
    The J-man

Threads are deleted if they fall short of the CBR Forums rules and guidelines; including reasons relating to quality of discussion, trolling, civility and so on. Threads are not deleted lightly nor are they deleted permanently (they're soft deleted, so that mods/super mods/admins can still see them, to make sure the deletion was justified).
    As a general rule, we don't comment on specific deletions as experience has clearly demonstrated that it's a fairly unproductive exercise. Usually it goes something like "Thread creator decries the decision to delete. Mods state why deletion happened. Thread creator calls Mods nazis/facists/whatever. Thread creator gets banned for uncivil behaviour. Thread creator creates another account which (usually) gets quickly IP Banned."
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules