View Poll Results: Was Cyclops Right?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

142 76.76%
  • No

34 18.38%
  • I don’t really know enough to have formulated an honest opinion.

9 4.86%
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The denial, oh the denial.

By the way, there are number of X-fans who voted against Cyke.
    Yes, I will tell you how many soon.

Why did they vote against him, do you suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Or it means a certain percentage of x forum posters don't happen to have Xmen related avatars.
    I considered that, so I checked people recent posts to see how often they actively posted on the X-forums. I also looked for a range of threads they posted in, since some people seemed to be voting primarily on competition pages with character voting and that might nor be a true representation of X-character preference. For people who hod no posts I assumed they had no preference, since that seemed the fairest.
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-17-2018 at 02:22 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yes, I will tell you how many soon.

Why did they vote against him, do you suppose?
    I don't make assumptions why someone voted for something. Though at least 2-3 just straight up hate Scott, that's for sure. They would never vote in favour of him ever.

I don't make assumptions why someone voted for something. Though at least 2-3 just straight up hate Scott, that's for sure. They would never vote in favour of him ever.
    So you're literally making an assumption of why someone voted for someone exactly one sentence after saying you don't make assumptions on why someone voted for something.

Okay ...

Extraordinary Member

Which then raises the point would people who, for example, have a Cyke picture for their avatar ever vote against him?

Regarding the result so the no-voters, it is quite interesting.

With the yes vote, the breakdown was about 60/40 with the majority made by people who had an X-avatar and/or had an identifiable frequency in posting on threads on the X-Books forums.

For the no-voters, that pattern was essentially reversed. The split was 70/30, this time with the majority of voters coming from posters who did not have an X-avatar pic and/or did not having a posting history which had a significant lean towards the X-Books forums.

For the purposes of significant, I mean here a number of posts that were towards half or greater. When in doubt I checked the second page of the posting history as well.

All in all the break down of votes would mean that an a person who has an X-Avatar or posts a lot on the X-Boards is 90% likely to vote for Cyclops.

Those who don't have said avatar or voting history are only 52% likely to vote for Cyclops by the current count [of 49 such posters as of this message] In other words, a pretty even split.

Voting continues.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    So you're literally making an assumption of why someone voted for someone exactly one sentence after saying you don't make assumptions on why someone voted for something.

Okay ...
    Not for everyone. Just 2-3. That's not assumption, I know their reason from their posting history.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 07-17-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Which then raises the point would people who, for example, have a Cyke picture for their avatar ever vote against him?
    Actually, yes. I know at least one Cyke fan who really really doesn't like post-Morrison Scott one bit on these very boards.

And it depends on the question. I would vote against Cyke, and I know most Cyke fans too, if they think he was to really blame for something.

With the yes vote, the breakdown was about 60/40 with the majority made by people who had an X-avatar and/or had an identifiable frequency in posting on threads on the X-Books forums.

For the no-voters, that pattern was essentially reversed. The split was 70/30, this time with the majority of voters coming from posters who did not have an X-avatar pic and/or did not having a posting history which had a significant lean towards the X-Books forums.

For the purposes of significant, I mean here a number of posts that were towards half or greater. When in doubt I checked the second page of the posting history as well.

All in all the break down of votes would mean that an a person who has an X-Avatar or posts a lot on the X-Boards is 90% likely to vote for Cyclops.

Those who don't have said avatar or voting history are only 52% likely to vote for Cyclops by the current count [of 49 such posters as of this message] In other words, a pretty even split.

Voting continues.
    All nice and dandy. But here's the thing, nobody's stopping anyone who aren't X-fan from voting. That's exactly why this thread is in Marvel forum.

Here's another thing. Not every X-fan is a Cyclops fan. Many hate his guts.

And finally, are you going to discount every vote in every pole made by fans of the character that is present in that topic?

And even with all this mental gymnastics why somehow all these votes shouldn't count(never happened for any other character), Cyclops is still winning.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 07-17-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Actually, yes. I know at least one Cyke fan who really really doesn't like post-Morrison Scott one bit on these very boards.

And it depends on the question. I would vote against Cyke, and I know most Cyke fans too, if they think he was to really blame for something.

All nice and dandy. But here's the thing, nobody's stopping anyone who aren't X-fan from voting. That's exactly why this thread is in Marvel forum.

Here's another thing. Not every X-fan is a Cyclops fan. Many hate his guts.

And finally, are you going to discount every vote in every pole made by fans of the character that is present in that topic?

And even with all this mental gymnastics why somehow all these votes shouldn't count(never happened for any other character), Cyclops is still winning.
    Anyone can vote. You can try to show me where I said they shouldn't, but I don't think you will be successful

Though clearly the X-fans feel more invested in this than others. They comprise 110 out of the 172 votes, or about 65%. That makes sense, the poll is by and large about an X-character.

If you tell me the posting names of the many X-fans you say hate Cyke, I can check to see if they have voted.

But getting back to the Gambit, King of Thieves, who suggested that posting this thread on the X-books forum might lead to a biased result, I would say the result there would likely be more heavily weighted towards Cyke than here. And as I said, among other fans his support is about 50/50. Better than I would have expected, actually
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-17-2018 at 06:38 AM.

.......................eh nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So the poll says he was right but in the end.....he is dead anyways
    But the mutant race ain't tho!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    But the mutant race ain't tho!!
    Yup. How much credit we want to give Scott for that is debatable... but everyone in the end does get what they want.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Voting continues.
    great observation. it seems the non xmen fans simply dont care about whether he was right or not. for the record I am an xfan and I think he was absolutely wrong.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!