Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default How do you feel "bat/cat" will be affected by this ditching?

in retrospect the plot of bane seems to be very diabolical if he manipulated Bruce into thinking that he deserves to be with someone to be truly happy and make him less committed to being Batman so that he is psychically undecided whether to remain Batman as it would seem that it was more of a hindrance to his personal happiness. if Bruce learns that the one time he overcame his paranoia and tried to be "normal" after being inspired to do so after his emotionally wrought meeting with FP Batman was totally a manipulation and not by some cosmic entity but his "arch enemy" would he seemingly write off all his chances of being with someone despite being Batman and limit his personal relationships like he did for a while after the fallout of war games? what will Catwoman decide ultimately once she learns she was just a chess piece that was manipulated in this whole fiasco? will she feel foolish and change her mind or it would further affirm her reasons for not being with Bruce? moreover how will these two regard each other going further? will Bruce understand her reasons for calling of the wedding and admire her for her sacrificing nature and try to work with her despite everything when she returns or will he be cutting off all ties with her for some duration and given how distrustful he was shown of her in hush where to the last he wasn't sure whether she was involved with all the plots will it coming to light that bane was behind her decision to ditch him make him feel she was in cahoots with him no matter how unreasonable it may seem? can this relationship survive or is it doomed or will it be possible for them to be just "friends" with benefits for the rest of their fictional lives?

Extraordinary Member

Thats the worst part even if Bruce is hurt or angry being a good man in any sort of media requires that he is understanding and forgives her. Then there relationship will slowly return before they try this again in another 20 years

I feel like a fool we already knew

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think it really depends on whether King has Batman and/or Catwoman discover Bane's manipulations in the next three months or not.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I hated the whole "Bat/Cat" crap by King.

However, with a better writer, I've always enjoyed a Batman and Catwoman / Bruce and Selina relationship.

There's nothing admirable about someone who run off in their wedding day especially when they aren't forced into the marriage or were forced to break it. I always view this as selfish and coward move no matter the reason.

After wasting so much issues on this relationship without any pay off, I would like a long break from it and for Batman to foucs on other things.

BANNED

The two have had several periods of being on the outs over trust issues and other situations for decades, and always found their way back to each other more in love than ever.

They will get married someday. It's inevitable, and this is just another test they will pass on the way to that.

batcat should take a hiatus for a long time. Bruce go raise your kids [you've got Damian and Cass at home]. no romance for a while

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    batcat should take a hiatus for a long time. Bruce go raise your kids [you've got Damian and Cass at home]. no romance for a while
    I don't know if Cass is "his" kid in current continuity . . .

I’ve always been a Batman Catwoman fan, but how this whole thing was set up and now playing out, this needs to be the end of the road for the relationship for awhile.

The whole Batman is a miserable depressed soul and can’t be Batman if he’s happy is a flimsy argument. And I think it’s very weak if Bane caused all this simply by having this person talk to that person. That’s a whole lot of knowing exactly how people will react/think/feel based on emotions. Batman and Catwoman just aren’t that big of puppets.

I don't see it ultimately having that much of a major impact on the relationship to be honest.

It was always inevitably going to fall back into their usual relationship at some point, in my opinion, although it sounds like King will still be focusing a lot on it in his run.

BANNED

The ship is about to become toxic and I think it'll force writers and fans to take a long and hard look at shipping

BANNED

I doubt there's going to be any long-term repercussions or influence on the Catwoman/Batman relationship.

Also, it's really hard to gauge because the story is only halfway through.

We're at the start of pivot in the relationship that we knew was coming and going to go in one direction or another (or another.) The outcome has always been a possibility on the table, so I'm not too upset, but needed a little time to grieve "what could have been" (granted that's all in my imagination at this point) if two of the most important "will they or won't they" romantic partners in fiction finally married.

I'll admit I would have liked to see them married for the status quo change and the story avenues it could have followed with the Batfamily, the Batvillains, Gotham, and the Justice League. (I think broadly like that and would love to see Catwoman deal with all these characters.)

I'm glad that it seems Catwoman is still on the table for King, because the fallout of this decision by the characters should play out in the rest of his run IMHO. They may need some time apart, but they still need to have some sort of relationship after this as the holy quadrumvirate of Batdom (Batman, Robin, Joker, and Catwoman.)

I'm still invested, emotionally and financially, to see what happens with the characters post-#50 in Batman, and I'm looking forward to Jones run on Catwoman to see what develops there for Selina in relation to her decision.

Maybe we'll get something interesting out of this that I haven't thought of yet? I don't know, but I'm open to surprises.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I doubt there's going to be any long-term repercussions or influence on the Catwoman/Batman relationship.

Also, it's really hard to gauge because the story is only halfway through.
    Agreed. I think this has been mishandled, but #50 isn't the end.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

I think the relationship could be great and could work out but under a different writer. One who doesn't focus solely on depression all the time. It's boring and has led to this crap.