Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Dr Strange- Brian k. Vaughn/Marcos Martin- a continuation of the Oath miniseries as an ongoing.

Ultimate Member

Dazzler

Alex DiCampi and Stuart Immonen

Alex is capable of writing interesting female characters and wouldn't shy away from the campier aspects of the character. Stuart of course can do epic action/adventure, but at the same time is great at humor and as done striking experimental visuals in his indie work.

I've talked about this idea before, I will talk about it again, because it is a good idea that Marvel should do:

Mystique & Destiny. A 5-issue mini detailing how they met and fell in love. Set it in the early 20th Century, with Irene building a team for a heist, and Mystique joining up. Period-piece lesbian romance heist comic. You can even explore gender issues - maybe Mystique has been mostly staying in a male form, seeing femininity as weak and devoid of power, and Irene convinces her she should be herself, and to exploit the ways women are underestimated. Either way, Mystique and Irene would spend the whole mini planning to betray each other, with some fun twists, and would end with them meeting back up a year later and smooching.

Creative team: my first thought is Marguerite Bennett for writer. Insexts was a period-piece lesbian romance body horror, and Bombshells was a period-piece with some lady-loving. So it's kind of a thing for her. I feel like Mariko Tamaki would probably have a real blast writing it. There's a ton of writers who could do great jobs on it. Artist is tougher, because there are so many amazing artists. Ariela Kristantina springs to mind, again because of Insexts. Sana Takeda would bring an interesting aesthetic to it, I think. There's always Jen Bartel. Ooh, Aud Koch, with Jordie Bellaire doing colours. Yeah, that'd probably work pretty well.

Punisher
    writer: C. Priest; artist- Olivier Coipel
    5 years
    I just like Priest's writing, he could write a great Punisher as an anti-Deathstroke.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The character: Crystal
    The Team: Cates & Bachalo

Why: She's grown a lot over the years. She was almost going to be majestrix of the Shi'ar, is practically a single mother, super powerful, and has experience with many teams. She should revisit her past teams and use the experience she had on them to make her own team eventually.

Length Of The Run: A long time.

X-Men:
    The Team: Coates & Olive Coipel
    The Characters: Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Sunfire, M, Siryn, Northstar
    Why: They're an international response team to mutant terrorist attacks (to and from)
    Length: 35 issues

The Ultimates:
    The Team: Ewing & Frank Quitely and Mike Allred (they each draw one half of the series)
    The characters: Blue Marvel, Spectrum, Noh-Varr, MAC, Wasp, Thor
    Why: don't have a why yet, I just wanna see it. Guess they can contiune where they left off.
    Length: 50 issues
    Last edited by 9th.; 07-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Monet
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Mahmud Asrar
    Length: 12 issues
    Why: Dealing with the aftermath of the possession by her brother, Monet travels the world in an attempt to find herself.

Jessica Drew: Spider-Woman
    Writer: Ed Brubaker
    Artist: Dexter Soy
    Length: 60 issues (at least).
    Why: Returning the character to her supernatural roots while operating her private investigations. Jessica has moved back out west to reconnect with herself away from the craziness of New York only to find herself in even crazier circumstances

Arachne (Julia Carpenter)
    Writer: Kathryn Immonen
    Artist: Russell Dauterman
    Length: 12 issues
    Why: She's been a super-hero, federal agent, a criminal on the run and an ex-pat. Now Julia's powers have returned and she's building a new life for herself and her daughter...if her past as a government experiment doesn't come crashing down on her first.

Frenzy
    Writer: Jim Zub
    Artist: Valerio Schitti
    Why: Frenzy wants to be a hero, she wants to make amends for her former lifestyle. But she's still got the temper...but she's trying...just dont piss her off...
    Length: 24 issues (at least.)

UNION JACK

Zeb Wells WRITER
    Dylan Burnett ARTIST

WHY THEM
    Wells writes intelligent, yet action oriented comics. He approaches his characters (both heroes and villains) from different angles to bring out their personalities and he’s not afraid to mix humor in w. the more serious aspects of his plot.

Burnett draws everything well. The grime and grit in his street level work is just as prevelant as shadows and blood in his horror, the scope and sheen of his cosmic. His people look like people, his costumes like clothes, not just sprayed on colors.

LENGTH OF RUN
    At a minimum 36 issues. Three years of exploring what it’s like to be England’s street fighting man. Taking on criminals, spies, vampires, villains...all while trying to make ends meet and have a bit of a social life while he’s at it. And is he a little jealous of Captain Britain, who’s looked at as the Country’s heroic symbol, even though the legacy of Union Jack goes back to WWI? Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Astounding View Post
    I'd buy every issue and trade twice.

For myself

Dr Pym- Science Adventurer

W- Si Spurrier A- Frazer Irving

An exploration of a man's quest to be a hero against an illness that marks him as a villain. I feel like Spurrier showed he really has something to say on the subject with Legion, and Hank has his own incredibly rich mythology to mine from. I can think of no-one better to depict that kind of skewed reality where something is wrong but you can't pin down what than Irving.

I'd likely be the only one reading it, but I think it could be amazing.

25 Issues.
    Color me the intrigued
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The character: Crystal
    The Team: Cates & Bachalo

Why: She's grown a lot over the years. She was almost going to be majestrix of the Shi'ar, is practically a single mother, super powerful, and has experience with many teams. She should revisit her past teams and use the experience she had on them to make her own team eventually.

Length Of The Run: A long time.
    I want this
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The character: Medusa

The Team: G. Willow Wilson writing and Carlos Pacheco on pencils

Why: Medusa has appeared in like every story she has written for Marvel from a guest one page appearance in X-men vol 4, to being a supporting character in Ms. Marvel, to a full time member of her A-force team, as well being the star of the Women of Marvel: Thrones she clearly has a story she wants to write for her and would love to see it. For Pacheco I liked the way he drew the Inhumans in Uncanny Inhumans.

Length Of The Run: 12 locked after that how well the book does for readers and critics. If well liked by critics but low sales I would think maybe some sort of thing to get people to look at it.
    I’d buy it