Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Character:Storm

Writers: Chris Yost/Craig Kyle
    Covers: Victor Ibanez
    Interiors: Olivier Coipel

Why: There is a lot of interesting and unexplored territory when it comes to Storm, especially the darker/edgy side of her persona and past. I’d like to see stories focused on Storm taking on a unique/compelling role in the MU as a whole, and with good world changing intentions/impacts, but taking approaches that are controversial, have big risks, are ethically questionable and potentially devastating consequences.

This is a creative team that I’ve enjoyed on their various book projects, are passionate about the characters they write, are creative in their storytelling and can write stories that explores a characters flaws and/or questionable choices but still remains true to the character’s core values.

Length: At least 50 issues !

The Character: Kitty Pryde (Marvel Universe-616)

The Team: Brian Wood & Mahmud Asrar

Why: I really enjoyed the work of Wood/Asrar on Ultimate: X-Men, and I'd be very interested to see them do something similar with Kitty of the MU-616.

The Length: Probably 20-25 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You do realise Bendis is no longer a Marvel writer, right?

Anyway, I'd say Excalibur by Al Ewing and Paco Medina, 24 issues. After the Excalibur team recently reunited in the X-Men Gold Annual, I think that team should be revived. I picked Ewing as writer because I like his Avengers titles, so why not give him an X book? Plus he's British, so he'd get the culture and background elements right. He also already used Captain Britain in U.S.Avengers during the Secret Empire tie-in arc.
    Yes, I know he's no longer a Marvel writer. Doesn't mean I can't suggest him here.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Captain Britain

Garth Ennis and Frank Quitely

I want to see Garth Ennis do for the prevailing and messy mythology of Britain, England, Albion, etc... that Preacher did for America. Captain Britain is usually sanitized by Claremont and Davis in a way that's endearing, despite questionable, problematic relationships and dependencies.

12 issues?
    I’ve never wanted anything so much.

The character: Thor

The Team: Dan Abnett, Simon Bisley, Liam Sharpe, John Romita Jr, and Esad Ribic

Why: it’s time to take Thor and the Marvel Pantheons (Egypt, Olympus, Asgard, etc.) to the next level.

Tone: 40K Black Library in the Marvel Universe

Main Characters: Thor, Hercules, Athena, Sif, Valkyries, Warriors 3, Zeus, Ares, Odin, Loki, Set, Osiris, Ra, Hecate, Bast, Apollo, Poseidon

Marvel characters featuring prominently: Namor, Black Panther, Jane Foster, Other Wakandans, other Atlantians .

Length Of The Run: 100 issues.

Warpath by Greg Pak and Yilardy(?) Cinar. Basically Warpath doing the Golden Age Superman schtick in the reservation he grew up in. Maybe an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Captain Britain

Garth Ennis and Frank Quitely

I want to see Garth Ennis do for the prevailing and messy mythology of Britain, England, Albion, etc... that Preacher did for America. Captain Britain is usually sanitized by Claremont and Davis in a way that's endearing, despite questionable, problematic relationships and dependencies.

12 issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Iron Fist by Peter David- Danny lacks a strong voice/direction when he's on his own- possible ongoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Yes please. I would read 100 issues of that
    I need to second (and third etc.) Ying Ko and Captain Astounding, and Nick Miller on that Captain Britain idea. That would be a beautiful thing, and yes - 100 issues would be better than 12.

Iron Fist by PAD would also be a delight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Arrakus the destroyer.

Neil Gaiman and Liam Sharp

25/30 issues.

The golden age vision (aka arrakus the destroyer.) The last remaining being from a smoke dimension. Spent WW2 summoned like a geine in a puff of smoke. Was called the destroyer, but we never learned what he destoyed.

In the hands of a master storyteller like Gaiman who knows what direction these thread could go in???
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

Why: it’s time to take Thor and the Marvel Pantheons (Egypt, Olympus, Asgard, etc.) to the next level.

Main Characters: Thor, Hercules, Athena, Sif, Valkyries, Warriors 3, Zeus, Ares, Odin, Loki, Set, Osiris, Ra, Hecate, Bast, Apollo, Poseidon

Marvel characters featuring prominently: Namor, Black Panther, Jane Foster, Other Wakandans, other Atlantians .

I would also buy the **** out of these. Wonderful ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    I need to second (and third etc.) Ying Ko and Captain Astounding, and Nick Miller on that Captain Britain idea. That would be a beautiful thing, and yes - 100 issues would be better than 12.
    I'm actually kind of surprised than anyone from the Britain Prevails thread would welcome the idea - the combination of Garth Ennis, who's known for his hatred of super-heroes, and the "Captain Britain is usually sanitized by Claremont and Davis in a way that's endearing, despite questionable, problematic relationships and dependencies" makes it sound like once again Captain Britain would be exposed as an alcoholic jerk who's trapped Meggan in an abusive relationship, rather than getting to be a hero. Claremont's Captain Britain in his Excalibur run was absolutely painful and depressing to sit through the first time, so as much as I'd like a new CB series I don't want him dragged through the mud again. Just my opinion, but yeah, I'd worry it would be pretty much the opposite of what CB fans want.

Mine:

Death's Head (I)

Writers: Kieron Gillen, Simon Furman, Nick Roche
    Artists: Simon Williams, Geoff Senior, Nick Roche, Christian Ward

The what:
    An ongoing for Marvel's premiere wise-cracking bounty-hunter with no morals (the one that came before a Merc with a mouth). Time and universe jumping a-plenty. A return to 2020 and 8162 and back again. The closing out of time loops by chopping off the heads of anyone in the way. A brief cross-publisher cross-over with IDW and Titan to allow interactions with Transformers and Doctor Who, a few old scores settled.
    Premise is that DH is hired by (of course) a shadowy cabal, to assassinate various figures in different timelines. Suspicions arise when he realises that some targets are friends and relatives of key figures in his own lifespan. It looks like the aim is to have Death's Head destroy himself and thus not save the universe from.... Certain Doooom.

Plenty of old friends show up along the way, and a great deal of unnecessary violence has to be doled out.

20 issues. Ideally more once everyone realises what they've been missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I'm actually kind of surprised than anyone from the Britain Prevails thread would welcome the idea - the combination of Garth Ennis, who's known for his hatred of super-heroes, and the "Captain Britain is usually sanitized by Claremont and Davis in a way that's endearing, despite questionable, problematic relationships and dependencies" makes it sound like once again Captain Britain would be exposed as an alcoholic jerk who's trapped Meggan in an abusive relationship, rather than getting to be a hero. Claremont's Captain Britain in his Excalibur run was absolutely painful and depressing to sit through the first time, so as much as I'd like a new CB series I don't want him dragged through the mud again. Just my opinion, but yeah, I'd worry it would be pretty much the opposite of what CB fans want.
    To be honest, I think Cap is already broken. What we've seen over the last 15 years included his devastation at the corps being ravaged, the multiverse being destroyed, Jamie flipping in and out again of sanity, and his sister flipping and flopping with being a psycho killer.

I'd rather we didn't press the reset button and try and make him lovably flawed again. If he can get back there, great, but it should involve a bit of growth and change. Facing down a few demons, kicking a few arses, and slowly finding his confidence again. That was once his greatest strength.

Fantastic Member

The character: Kara Killgrave AKA The Purple Girl

The Team: Marjorie Liu writing and Sana Takeda on pencils

Why: Because Kara herself has a lot of untapped potential as a character and her being written by Liu help see the potential come to light.

Length Of The Run: I would go with 30 issues.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

The Character: Winter Soldier

The Team: (W)Jason Latour (A)Nic Klein

Why: I enjoyed their very short run on the character after succeeding Brubaker, I would like more of it.

Length: … very long.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

I would love to read this. I'd throw in the Aztec gods like Quetzalcoatl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Yes please. I would read 100 issues of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Astounding View Post
    I'd buy every issue and trade twice.
    I’ve never wanted anything so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    To be honest, I think Cap is already broken. What we've seen over the last 15 years included his devastation at the corps being ravaged, the multiverse being destroyed, Jamie flipping in and out again of sanity, and his sister flipping and flopping with being a psycho killer.

I'd rather we didn't press the reset button and try and make him lovably flawed again. If he can get back there, great, but it should involve a bit of growth and change. Facing down a few demons, kicking a few arses, and slowly finding his confidence again. That was once his greatest strength.
    Yeah maybe Ennis wouldn't be the best option... I'm just enjoying the hell out of Preacher on AMC, and low-key wishing Gaiman's American Gods had half the grime and a tenth the charm. In any case, I'd love a Captain Britain story navigating the ugly mythology of global, local, and ancestral Britain SIMILARLY to the inverted American Gothic tropes that provide the thrust of Ennis' Preacher.

Captain Britain is dear to me from his role in Excalibur, specifically because he was clearly designed for top billing, clearly forced into the "strong guy" team role, and clearly aware of the demotion. It's the kind of weird frustration that you never see anywhere else. Excalibur's Brian is basically a mid-century modernist hero surrounded by an X-Men context, and pushed through a odd, silly, and whimsical narrative. The result makes him look archaic, overwrought, and shallow. Great for humor and personality, but not really fair to his potential as a response to those mid-century modernist ideals.

What I mean is, I see him as kind of like Mr. Incredible, given every advantage and privilege possible, but adrift in the contemporary, pluralist Marvel Universe. Not ONLY is he an heir to British aristocracy, but he's exceptionally intelligent, stunningly handsome, and powerfully built, but he's given the "chosen one" trope by a mythic figure, specific to his region. He's granted superpowers that put him in a league above American peers, and a suit that exemplifies his British home... but it all falls short of the promise of his design. The world he was meant for is gone, and he's treading water in something entirely different. His power and prestige mean nothing compared to the notoriety of his American colleagues, his status and idealism loses substance among his family of disenfranchised mutants, and he's only one of countless similar "chosen ones" across countless parallel worlds. His damsel sister becomes an Asian ninja, his attempts at building a team fall apart, his lover automagically reflects his desires --treading toward to a silo of self-delusion. It might SOUND like I'm down on the guy, but it just makes me more interested in how desolate he must feel.

How does blond gorgeous Brian Braddock navigate a post-Brexit world, knowing the empire will never regain its supremacy, and he'll never achieve the potential of his dreams. How does he transform himself?

Incredible Member

I'd like to see captain Britain: cross country caper. A 12 part maxi, each issue set in a different British city. Starting in London then going South to North starting with dover......