Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What about Alan, Jade and Obsidian?

When Alan Scott returns, will Jade and Obsidian return with him? And if so, what will DC do with these three characters?

In the happier days before Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz arrived, I had hoped that Alan could join the GLC. But oh my heavens, we just don't need another human member of the GLC, do we? So now I think he should should continue to be powered by the Starheart.

I've suggested in another thread that Obsidian could be included in a team title with the Charlton characters.

But Jade's place as the DCU's female Earth Lantern has been usurped by Jessica, regretfully. And her plant powers sucked.

What are your thoughts about these characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

I've suggested in another thread that Obsidian could be included in a team title with the Charlton characters.
    They would already have Nightshade then, why would they need him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    They would already have Nightshade then, why would they need him?
    Do you have any ideas about what to do with him?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

When Alan Scott returns, will Jade and Obsidian return with him? And if so, what will DC do with these three characters?

In the happier days before Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz arrived, I had hoped that Alan could join the GLC. But oh my heavens, we just don't need another human member of the GLC, do we? So now I think he should should continue to be powered by the Starheart.

But Jade's place as the DCU's female Earth Lantern has been usurped by Jessica, regretfully. And her plant powers sucked.

What are your thoughts about these characters?
    Having just finished the Christopher Priest-led trilogy Green Lantern: Sleepers, I'd love to see these three show up. We'll have to see what they do with Alan, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Having just finished the Christopher Priest-led trilogy Green Lantern: Sleepers, I'd love to see these three show up. We'll have to see what they do with Alan, though.
    My guess is that he'll be a Starheart Lantern for the JSA. I think that's a pretty good bet.

My guess is that he'll be a Starheart Lantern for the JSA. I think that's a pretty good bet.
    I quite liked how being the Starheart Lantern made Alan unique in those books, so I'd be all for it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I think once Alan comes back it's probably a matter of when, not if, that his kids will come back, if not immediately.

But it'll be interesting to see how they handle the JSA's ages once they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think once Alan comes back it's probably a matter of when, not if, that his kids will come back, if not immediately.

But it'll be interesting to see how they handle the JSA's ages once they come back.
    Mass Captain America-ing!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

But Jade's place as the DCU's female Earth Lantern has been usurped by Jessica, regretfully.
    Is this a serious statement?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Is this a serious statement?
    Is that a serious question? I was taken aback when Cruz kept getting referred to as "the first female Earth Lantern." People who have never read any pre-Johns Green Lantern -- and there are many of them -- think that's the case.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that readers' attitudes toward Baz and Cruz will get worse now that they're no longer in Justice League and Hal Jordan is cast in the same comic with them. Let's see whether I'm right.

But back on topic.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-03-2018 at 02:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

As to how old Alan will be -- well, he can have children who are young. And Titans and Teen Titans are usually hiring.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Is that a serious question? I was taken aback when Cruz kept getting referred to as "the first female Earth Lantern."
    If what you're complaining about is the moniker of "first" female GL, then ok.

But they both having similar powersets and genitalia does not make them the same character. At all. Like, not even a little, tiny, minuscule, imperceptible tiny bit.

There are Earth Lanterns a plenty, and absolutely no reason why you can only have "one" woman.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    If what you're complaining about is the moniker of "first" female GL, then ok.

But they both having similar powersets and genitalia does not make them the same character. At all. Like, not even a little, tiny, minuscule, imperceptible tiny bit.

There are Earth Lanterns a plenty, and absolutely no reason why you can only have "one" woman.
    Three was more than plenty. Four was pushing it but might have been workable, although they've never managed to make it work.

Now there are SIX, for heaven's sake, which is beyond absurd. So even though Jade might have a better claim on a ring than Jessica does, I don't want to see any more Earth Lanterns. We need to get rid of some of them, in fact.

You can probably guess which two I'd find new jobs for first. But beyond that, I'd try to find something else for Kyle to do too.

Three was more than plenty. Four was pushing it but might have been workable, although they've never managed to make it work.

Now there are SIX, for heaven's sake, which is beyond absurd. So even though Jade might have a better claim on a ring than Jessica does, I don't want to see any more Earth Lanterns. We need to get rid of some of them, in fact.

You can probably guess which two I'd find new jobs for first. But beyond that, I'd try to find something else for Kyle to do too.
    Does Jade have to have a ring, though?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Does Jade have to have a ring, though?
    No, not with all the Lanterns buzzing around. But whatever they find for her to do needs to be better than the plant powers.