Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacus View Post
    In his Button appearance, Jay had graying temples, i'm pretty sure they were trying to make him look older than 50.
    Hey, I had gray hair when I was in my 40s!
    It all depends on the individual as to when they go gray (or bald).

My thought is that they're not duplicating anyone or anything if they're on Earth-Two which is where I hope they'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    My thought is that they're not duplicating anyone or anything if they're on Earth-Two which is where I hope they'll be.
    You know, it would be a nice solution to all of this (and maybe explain where they've been all this time), but somehow I just don't know if DC will do that.

Though, honestly, they may to use a different Earth-designation (like maybe "Earth-1940"?) since DC just recently gave us what was supposedly a return of those classic heroes on "Earth 2":

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But we still don't know anything about when/how the JSA may finally "return".
    We don't know if/how much of their history may "return".
    We don't know if any of them will have had any children yet if/when they "return".

So, if we don't know if they'll still have become parents at some point, how can you talk about bringing back Infinity, Inc.?

How can we talk about where to put Jade in Obsidian if we don't know for a fact if they are coming back, when they are coming back, and if they do, would they still be Alan's kids? This thread started as speculation, so I don't see why speculating that if the JSA returns, the younger members/offspring can't be put in a revived I.I.
    Not Peter David.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    How can we talk about where to put Jade in Obsidian if we don't know for a fact if they are coming back, when they are coming back, and if they do, would they still be Alan's kids? This thread started as speculation, so I don't see why speculating that if the JSA returns, the younger members/offspring can't be put in a revived I.I.
    No, we don't know that Jade and Obsidian are coming along. But I'd rather see them than Baz and Cruz, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    No, we don't know that Jade and Obsidian are coming along. But I'd rather see them than Baz and Cruz, and I bet I'm not the only one.
    You are obsessed with Baz and Cruz, aren't you?

I'd love a series with Alan, Jade and Obsidian - just those three. (and Molly too - it'd be a book about family after all, and who wouldn't want to see an example of a great step-mom? )

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You are obsessed with Baz and Cruz, aren't you?
    Yup.
    It's really not a competition between EITHER Baz and Cruz OR Jade and Obsidian.

We've got a zillion Earth Lanterns out there, and Jade was only briefly a GL. Obie was never a GL. So they aren't really invested in that mythos much, if at all.
    There's room for everybody.

Now to get people riled up...

I like Todd and Jennie. However, I really don't like the soap opera stuff Roy Thomas worked through to give Alan a set of twins he knew nothing about until they were adults. Two wives, mental breakdowns, yecchhh.

Now I'm OK with Alan and Molly ending up with each other. I think if DC uses the "Alan is gay" aspect of the character, then Molly's pursuit of him gains a fun modern twist. If Alan is straight, then Molly as Alan's wife/mother of the kids still works. It can be done to be less convoluted though and would, of course, depend on whatever the &^$% DC is planning for the JSA's return.

I've been a fan and proponent of an older JSA, especially one that has an offspring generation. I'd rather see them on their own Earth where the effects of decades of superheroing could be seen and a timing attached to WW2 doesn't need to be stretched.

And who doesn't want to see a Molly/Harley story? I would and I give zero &^%$s about Harley.

Would love to see Alan return with Jade and Obie. BUT with Alan being young...it would play up the unnatural aspect of his Starheart powers. And I'm done with people wanting to rehash the 40s versions for whatever reason. A good creative team can make it work without being stuck inside the box. They already have tried the rehash several times. Now to move forward.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    . . . I think if DC uses the "Alan is gay" aspect of the character, . . .
    then I'll stop buying DC comic books (something I'm almost at the point of doing anyway).
    It's one thing when they made the New52 introduction of a character named "Alan Scott" a gay person; it was explained that Robinson did that in part because Alan's gay son was no longer part of continuity.
    But if DC is saying they're bringing back the original JSA, the Golden Age Alan was never portrayed as gay. And he doesn't suddenly need to be revealed to be that way now.