Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default Are the X-men religious? Does your favorite character has a religious practice?

I honestly never pay attention to this detail outside of kurt, kitty and magneto.

Any examples of X-men characters being religious ??

Nigthcrawler is among my favorite X-Men and he is chatolic like me .

But outside of him, can't think of one frankly, Logan has never been muchnof religious guy, althougth he may indulge on some of that for Kurt's sake.

If we are talking outside the X-Men, Peter Parker seemed to believe in god to an extent, but he never has portrayed as part of an exclusive group, wich is for the best with mainstream characthers, to be honest.

BANNED

Nightcrawler, yes, but most of them no.

Emma, no I don't think she is quite religious

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I think if there was any shred of religiosity in most of the Academy X kids, it was ripped away when they were blown up and shot in the heads by a religious zealot.

But Sooraya is a devout Sunni Muslim and I believe Paras practices Hinduism. I hope (one day) that it's confirmed that Pixie practices Wicca or something. But I'm not holding my breath for Ms. Gwynn. Also, since Alani is an Indigenous Hawaiian, does she practice Native Hawaiian religion (sorry, I'm not aware of the specific name)?

Don't know. Don't care.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Kitty and I bonded our Jewishness.

BANNED

Psylocke is thankfully Agnostic/Atheistic even though her dad and she are half Fairy.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Idk about religious, but I heard Mystique was raised Catholic, and that's why she doesn't use birth control and has so many kids. lol

Otherwise, far as favorite characters. No. I really doubt Deadpool & Creed are religious lol The latter even says he would never feel comfortable going to a church to find peace. assuming he'd be welcome in one.I think he has quoted some Bible passages or made some Christian references in sarcasm. So he's familiar with Christianity, but probably due to his parents. Deadpool is similar. he makes some references to God, but has also stated he doesn't think there is one in SM/DP.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-03-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Psylocke is thankfully Agnostic/Atheistic even though her dad and she are half Fairy.
    There is something on the Britain appreciation thread about them maybe being Catholics. I don't know enough about the history to confirm or deny.

How is the father and daughter half fairy? Wouldn't it make psylocke quarter fairy? And did this include her brothers?

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    This is AU Rogue, not 616.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...rs_by_Religion

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

As someone from a Christian background who is still Christian themselves I always loved the fact that the X-Men had Kurt and Kitty - a Catholic and a Jew - as best friends. Not to mention the fact I know the Purifiers represent those who use Christianity - as many use numerous religions to justify committing acts of great evil - as a backdrop for their own personal agendas. Stryker is not a true Christian. Kurt is. He's not perfect because no Christian is, but he recognizes that love and acceptance and compassion are at the tenants of Christianity, as I would like to hope all people someday could be. But Nightcrawler's faith is one of the things that makes him my favorite male X-Man.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Among my favorites, Karma is Catholic and Wolfsbane is Presbyterian.

Ultimate Member

I'd think that Cannonball would be religious more than most, just not sure which one exactly...