Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think Storm is monotheistic as well, but not to any of the organized religions. The bright lady, the goddess that she usually incant. But she has met several dieties including Wakanda's.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I think Storm is monotheistic as well, but not to any of the organized religions. The bright lady, the goddess that she usually incant. But she has met several dieties including Wakanda's.
    The Bright Lady is Osthur in the MU... I take Storm is Her High Priestress. I wouldn´t say how Osthur ranks as far as Marvel´s deities are concerned.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Spectacular Member

Gambit is cataholic

BANNED

We know from her conversation with Sooraya that Laura is, if not outright atheist, then at the very least agnostic or apatheist.

Cable used to be part of the Askani. I would consider it quasi-religious although it appears to be more philosophical than religious. "Whatever is...is" and stuff like that.

BANNED

Nightcrawler is catholic. Kitty is a jew. Cyclops has had his prayer moments. Storm has some spirituality so does Rogue.

Religious aspect was done best in X-Men with William Stryker and the church of humanity, that part of X-men showed what happens when people get religion so wrong or when it is pushed to an immoral extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Storm has some spirituality
    I’ve often wondered who this “Bright Lady” is that she keeps referring to.

And also, stepping outside the X-men for a sec, I’m like 80% certain that Thor is an Odinist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I’ve often wondered who this “Bright Lady” is that she keeps referring to.

And also, stepping outside the X-men for a sec, I’m like 80% certain that Thor is an Odinist.
    What I know about Storm is that she has a bond with nature, she is also very nurturing to others. most people who have that tend to be spiritual.

Thor is not an X-Man, I will like to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    The Bright Lady is Osthur in the MU... I take Storm is Her High Priestress.
    Whelp, I guess I should have scrolled up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Thor is not an X-Man, I will like to keep it that way.
    Yes, hence the whole “stepping outside the X-men” bit.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I think if there was any shred of religiosity in most of the Academy X kids, it was ripped away when they were blown up and shot in the heads by a religious zealot.

But Sooraya is a devout Sunni Muslim and I believe Paras practices Hinduism. I hope (one day) that it's confirmed that Pixie practices Wicca or something. But I'm not holding my breath for Ms. Gwynn. Also, since Alani is an Indigenous Hawaiian, does she practice Native Hawaiian religion (sorry, I'm not aware of the specific name)?
    Paras practices Jainism, although in Legacy he has compromised on the belief of non-violence.

Idie is some form of Christian, I'm not sure it's been specified.

Gentle seems spiritual.

Iceman is Catholic.

Rictor was almost certainly raised Catholic, and it's my personal headcanon that he has at least one image of Our Lady in his home.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 07-04-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Nightcrawler is the first to come to mind, him being a devout Catholic, but the X-Men have had members with a wide range of religious beliefs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    There is something on the Britain appreciation thread about them maybe being Catholics. I don't know enough about the history to confirm or deny.

How is the father and daughter half fairy? Wouldn't it make psylocke quarter fairy? And did this include her brothers?
    They aren't. To People outside of the UK, which is currently heavily Secular since the late 70's, People think everyone there is a Roman Catholic.
    They're not. Psylocke has never displayed any tendency towards religion or ever on page been in a church outside of the various weddings.

What makes her part fae is her otherworld heritage. Her dad is/was an enhanced human from the Otherworld, an alien dimension. so yes, her and her brothers are beyond baseline humans in terms of their abilities.
    Psylocke was never even a mutant until she came to America, which is Why she was owned by Both the MCU, and FOX. Brian thought for a long time his powers came from his suit, The suit just enhanced what was already there.
    Jamie is the ONLY true Mutant from the family line.

This is what she became in Universe X, after embracing both her fae and human heritage.
    She was taught by Doctor Strange and was his apprentice, in line to become that Worlds Sorceress Supreme.
    She probably would not have gone this route on 616, but they might have hinted at her Magic side. I do in my stories.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabe...k_(Earth-9997)

It’s entirely possible that Jubilee is a Macyist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    agnostic or apatheist.
    But more likely one of these.

I think Storm converted to her ex-husband's religion of worshipping the big Panther in the sky

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think Storm converted to her ex-husband's religion of worshipping the big Panther in the sky
    Actually her ex-husband converted to worshipping her.