Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Will Janet become the villain in the third movie? She looked sinister. How the hell did she survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It was released here in Australia today. It certainly doesn't disappoint. In fact, if they can continue this form in a third film, It will be a serious contender for the most consistent trilogy out of all the MCU (Captain America holds that distinction in my eyes at the moment.)
    This is what i was thinking while watching the movie - i can see myself watching one after another without needing to watch any other movie from the other franchise. I really thought i would be distracted by Infinity War but i wasn't. Also I don't see myself re-watching this movie ever again it lacked entertainment.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-10-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    definitely. but it kind of made him seem kind of hypocritical once we found out that the overall plan required Janet Pym's destruction. he was in serious denial about his experiment. I wish that we had seen more of Elihas Starr and his wife(?).
    I dunno about that. He seemed to think that Janet would survive.

Hurting a child and hurting an adult are two different things.

I do like that Ghost wasn't killed. No reason why she can't show up later

Extraordinary Member

Pretty good movie definitely an improvement over the first. Wasp and Ghost were great additions and I'm interested too see where Fishburne's character will go. With all these great supporting chars Antman could put his own team together.

Finished watching the movie today. Absolutely loved it! Honestly, the word "fun" kept running through my mind and I couldn't help but smile throughout the entire film. Having just finished Luke Cage season 2 (which was great by the way), I needed something light-hearted. And definitely, the film had it. The humor of the first film was here, but I felt it was a lot more spaced out and properly paced. Additionally, there were many moving parts here which should have made the film difficult to follow. Instead, all of them were simple to follow, yet still engrossing. I loved how they all came together towards the climatic end. Speaking of which, I was glad to see the happy ending.

The best part of the film for me was its heart, specially the love that the characters had for one another. Seeing Scott care about Cassie, Hank and Hope care about Janet, even spoilers:
    Bill Foster caring for Ghost
    end of spoilers was very heartwarming.

Still, I've only one gripe. Maybe I didn't catch this but spoilers:
    how did Ghost know to go to the X-Con office? How did she know that she would find the location of the laboratory there?
    end of spoilers

In any case, great stuff! Honestly, one of my favorite Marvel films! Want to see it again!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I dunno about that. He seemed to think that Janet would survive.

Hurting a child and hurting an adult are two different things.

I do like that Ghost wasn't killed. No reason why she can't show up later
    I think she will. The harvesting of Quantum Energy was being done in an effort to finally cure her. If she does show up, it will likely be as an ally. Bill Foster will probably show up again as well. Since Hank was willing to work with him again.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed this much more than the first.

Also, I have to say, being able to carry around your own personal lab/base of operations is the coolest **** in the world.

Spectacular Member

Very enjoyable film. My only complaints are 1) the trailers gave away WAY too many scenes. The movie still works, but I think it last some Oooo factor. 2) I thought the resolution of the climax was a little bit anti-climactic. 3) I think the phasing gimmick was not used as creatively as the size gimmicks.

But overall it was just a really fun, happy feel good movie. While watching the film I kept thinking that while the Richards are the first family in the comics, Lang-Pym is the first family of the MCU.

Moving forward I hope they do more with Janet and Ghost. I think the turn with Ghost is smart because I think having non-starring Heroes who can make appearances in other films will help the universe feel more connected.

Saw it last night with me family. Even my wife went - she usually do any go to super hero movies at the theater. We all loved it. Worlds greatest grandma - man, Cassie killed it! The right level of cute and sassy but not over the top. Rudd and Lilly were great. And while I’m only middle aged, I really dig that three 60+ actors have time to shine - in Douglass, Pfeiffer and Fishburne.

Unsure how Janet ate all those years but it’s kinda unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

I really loved that the first time we see Janet, it’s basically a repeat of the scene from Bendis’ Avengers when they rescue Janet from the quantum realm after Thor sent her there at end of secret invasion .

Anyways, great movie, highly recommended!! The credits scene was a downer but I know it will all get resolved.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Mighty Member

Awesome sequel.

Thought it was a nice fun ride, and a good change of pace from the epic nature of infinity war, a good way to spend a Saturday.

Marvel continues their run with sympathetic villains
    spoilers:
    Really given the desperate nature of her situation, I struggle to even call Ghost a villain. Glad she not only doesn't die, but is allowed to remain free.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Just got back from it. Loved it as well. I am still bewildered how well received Ant Man and GOTG are as MCU offerings. Whodathunkit?

I liked the Foster/Ghost story. I am not terribly familiar with either character; I'll read up on their book versions later. But I love the set up for future stuff. And I'm glad neither was made truly evil.

The mid credits scene was about what I expected for a IW tie-in.

And how cute a kid is Cassie? What a great little actress. Let's hope that the time jump and re-casting does the character justice.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I loved this movie (even with a crying baby behind me and people talking quite loudly next to me which threatened my whole movie going experience). I'd say it was the funniest Marvel movie for me.
    1. A&W 2. GotG1 3. Ragnarok 4. AM1 5. GotG2

I hope we get to see more Cassie in the future. I'd say if they want to do Young Avengers eventually that introducing Miles eventually or Kamala in their respective parent franchises might be an easy way to build it up organically.

Also, Phasing vs Shrinking made for some great fight scenes and I really liked the fight choreography, especially for Hope. Its not Daredevil brutal or some of the other MCU levels of intensity or anything but unique.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    And how cute a kid is Cassie? What a great little actress. Let's hope that the time jump and re-casting does the character justice.
    I hope (and think) that the time jump is temporary.

Feige has mentioned Power Pack on and off, and I would totally want this actress to be a founding member of the team.

TBH, I don't really like the Young Avengers and I don't think it'll work as a movie.

Astonishing Member

Great to see that twenty films in, the MCU knows how to do stories that are fresh and different. Having three different sides, four if you count the FBI (Maggie's reaction to seeing them at Scott's house implies Woo and his team are regular visitors), working against each other makes the plot more complex and the three-way car chase for the Lab is a nice variation on the car-chase fights that have become Marvel's new Blue Sky Beam.

This improves heavily on the first Ant-Man, in part because there's no need to do the origin stories. Even Wasp's origin story isn't covered. Ghost is an incredibly well realised antagonist, not a generic or destroy the world villain. If she can control her abilities without having an expiry date, she'd be great for a heist, and a possible big sister figure to Cassie. Hank gets a meatier role, no longer being just Mr Exposition. The techno-babble from the first film is also lampshaded, where Scott asks if they put the word quantum in front of everything.

The humour is well-balanced, expect for the final post-credits scene (Captain America's message on patience from the end of Civil War is still my favorite). If you've listened to Google Translate Sings Taylor Swift's Bad Blood, one part in particular comes to mind. It's not OTT comedic like Thor Ragnarok but still funny. The use of size shifting is very creative, and some of Scott's suit malfunctions are quite funny. Stan Lee's cameo is low key and also great. The brick joke of the online magic course is another noteworthy gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I loved this movie (even with a crying baby behind me and people talking quite loudly next to me which threatened my whole movie going experience). I'd say it was the funniest Marvel movie for me.
    1. A&W 2. GotG1 3. Ragnarok 4. AM1 5. GotG2

I hope we get to see more Cassie in the future. I'd say if they want to do Young Avengers eventually that introducing Miles eventually or Kamala in their respective parent franchises might be an easy way to build it up organically.

Also, Phasing vs Shrinking made for some great fight scenes and I really liked the fight choreography, especially for Hope. Its not Daredevil brutal or some of the other MCU levels of intensity or anything but unique.
    That's what I was thinking as well! The shrinking and growing vs. phasing and intangibility. Those scenes featuring Ghost and Ant-Man and the Wasp were really different than what we've seen in other Marvel stuff. It's not completely hand to hand, but nothing too forceful like repulsor rays and exploding arrows.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."