Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

I don't see how further complicating Ghost's background would have done anything other than much up the pacing, they already had two villains and Ghost worked fine

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I don't see how further complicating Ghost's background would have done anything other than much up the pacing, they already had two villains and Ghost worked fine
    His firing was a point of contention between Bill and Hank. It would have been nice to know actual story behind it.

Astonishing Member

I liked the movie overall. I felt like Evangeline Lilly did a great job as Wasp. The action scenes were fun. And you could easily see how they would fit well into the ensemble action of the larger Avengers films giving you different unique action to the set pieces.

I appreciate the "caper" style they use in the Ant-Man films it keeps it with a unique angle in relation to other Marvel properties. I also appreciate how Hank Pym is shown as his own genius as he should be. It is a complaint I have with Spider-Man solo films now that he borrows too much from Stark Tech. I want Peter's genius to shine, this was also done well in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His firing was a point of contention between Bill and Hank. It would have been nice to know actual story behind it.
    They can always build on that in a third movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    When I heard "Elihas Starr" I thought his head didn't look like an egg to me!
    The actor is Michael Cerveris, whom I first started noticing as Ramses in The Tick. And in that show, to me he looked very, very much like an egg.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

It's great to see Hank Pym in the MCU without all the baggage he's accumulated in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It's great to see Hank Pym in the MCU without all the baggage he's accumulated in the comics.
    Ain't that the truth. That whole merge with Ultron crap alone is a hot mess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It was released here in Australia today. It certainly doesn't disappoint. In fact, if they can continue this form in a third film, It will be a serious contender for the most consistent trilogy out of all the MCU (Captain America holds that distinction in my eyes at the moment.)
    Well put, and I agree.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I dunno about that. He seemed to think that Janet would survive.

Hurting a child and hurting an adult are two different things.

I do like that Ghost wasn't killed. No reason why she can't show up later
    Goliath did seem to think Janet would survive and that came from his main complaint about Hank (never listening to anyone else's ideas) so it was entirely within character imo.

I'm surprised that they didn't attempt to connect Elihas Starr and Darren Cross. Cross clearly thought of Hank as a father figure; perhaps being estranged from his own. I didn't quite hear all of the dialogue in the flashback. was Starr also a former employee of Pym's or just the financier of Bill's experiment?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm surprised that they didn't attempt to connect Elihas Starr and Darren Cross. Cross clearly thought of Hank as a father figure; perhaps being estranged from his own. I didn't quite hear all of the dialogue in the flashback. was Starr also a former employee of Pym's or just the financier of Bill's experiment?
    Elihas Starr was a colleague of Hank and Bill when they worked for Shield.

62% drop in it's 2ed week not good....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    62% drop in it's 2ed week not good....
    Yeah just horrible.

LOL

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yeah just horrible.

LOL

Capture.jpg
    Im told it's the biggest 2ed week drop for a MCU movie and they don't expect it to do the 500 mill the last one did and seeing as the movie cost 300 + ya it's not going to flop but it's not really doing as good for a MCU movie I'm not saying it's not going to make money but still...
    Last edited by choptop; 07-17-2018 at 06:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Im told it's the biggest 2ed week drop for a MCU movie and they don't expect it to do the 500 mill the last one did and seeing as the movie cost 300 + ya it's not going to flop but it's not really doing as good for a MCU movie.
    Yeah I think if I'm Marvel/Disney I'm pretty happy with a chart showing a trajectory like that.