Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well Bunn did say Magneto was a villain without question during the recent panel he had where he talked about Blue. So even if fans still don't at this point, Marvel has them labeled as villains and will start (or keep) writing them as such.

Maybe Daken didn't get one of the One-Shots because he's more a Wolverine villain than an overall X-villain. He's been outside of Wolverine comics of course, but he's mainly more tied to that. If not that, then he didn't get one because spoilers:
    he really did die in Claws of A Killer #3, and won't be active for a while.
    end of spoilers
    I suppose it's dependent on how one defines villainy. It irks me. I consider Erik, and Emma, perhaps Exodus too, as honorable characters for the most part, and I would argue that a lot of their acts are justified.

I suppose so. Though I hope it's for the former reason and not the latter one.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its obviously a show but its still a dated look. Most popstars update their look over the decades and aren't still performing in the same costumes they had back in the early 80s. It looks like cosplay bc it's not modern at all. It makes her look like a hasbeen
    Maybe she's doing a nostalgia tour. I'd say it's more of visual callback to Ali's origins more than anything. Besides, it's only temporary. I'm more concerned with what Alex, Piotr & Sean are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Uncanny X-Men with Psylocke on the roster and Dauterman on art would be my dream.
    YES. I am so nervous about this roster though. Kitty, Sage, X + Quentin Quire are candidates and that's terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Well, they got Havok in his pretty ridiculous, oldest look, Banshee too. Colossus will probably follow suit, pun intended. And there's enough bad 'modern' costumes to go around, TBH. From everybody in Gold, to Jean's horrible homage, in Red.
    Updated uniforms for all would be much appreciated. I'd rather pleasing aesthetics over nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Marvel thinks fans will get mad if characters get modern suits.
    Maybe some would, but I believe many would be happy with newer looks. Many are praising Storm's new look in X-Men Red for example, and there are many characters I wish would get a redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They tried something radically different there and the fans didn't bite. So new costumes don't always mean happy fans.

Like Judge Frost or Gorilla Beast
    The problem isnt new costumes; its going back to costumes from 20-30 years ago. Thats regression

I think it is interesting that the Avengers all have comic looks that are inspired by the cinematic universe, but the X-men costumes have been dumbed down and going back to spandex. While I love color, I will say that Cyclops's Marvel Now costume was badass down to the line work and details.
    I think that modern costumes should include visual cues from each character that make sense. I would like to see some detail and color, not just naked bodies that are colored differently. NO SOCK BOOTS!

Mighty Member

Disappointing! I guess I’ll wait till we have more details on Uncanny but low expectations?
    Any news or details for Extermination?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I think it is interesting that the Avengers all have comic looks that are inspired by the cinematic universe, but the X-men costumes have been dumbed down and going back to spandex. While I love color, I will say that Cyclops's Marvel Now costume was badass down to the line work and details.
    I think that modern costumes should include visual cues from each character that make sense. I would like to see some detail and color, not just naked bodies that are colored differently. NO SOCK BOOTS!
    No they dont

The Avengers costumes are largely inspired by nostalgia compared to their previous looks before A Fresh Start

So when should we expect solicits, Tuesday right? Im kinda anxious to see the X-Men Black: Emma Frost one-shot
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Don't forget Magneto being back in his underwear on the X-Men Black cover. ...
    I'm hoping that's just JSC doin' his thing (as requested?), with the retro looks, which he does a lot.

Im not talking about her costume. Its her performance outfit. ...

... Im not a fan of all these retro looks. Most characters were not given timeless costumes and they just look out of place in modern day...
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    ... I'd say it's more of visual callback to Ali's origins more than anything. Besides, it's only temporary. ...

... Updated uniforms for all would be much appreciated. I'd rather pleasing aesthetics over nostalgia. ...
    Agree w/KT, on why when Dazz is first shown, she's in her dated, debut look.

Also, feel the same about more modern looks for all. I actually liked Polaris' Blue team gear quite a bit, out of all the getups we've seen recently, for ResurrXion. Some of the Red costumes are pretty good, too.

JEEZ, She-Hulk looks like crap! My Lord, girl, what have they done to ye? That's just awful, and in such bad taste.

No they dont

Gah those books look boring

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

JEEZ, She-Hulk looks like crap! My Lord, girl, what have they done to ye? That's just awful, and in such bad taste.
    ugh I knooooow....
    Like no one on her team has been like "B!tch put a bra on! You can have your pick...we just destroyed 3 Lane Bryant's"
    Last edited by BroHomo; 07-23-2018 at 03:03 AM.

BANNED

That monstrosity was so ugly
    it reminds me of something you'd see in Fathom....post Michael Turner

BANNED

If you think Shulkie's look is lready bad enough, just wait 'til you see how disastrously Aaron writes her...

Shame on me for actually expecting Marvel to actually bring in something interesting.

Aside from the news of Black in which Emma will appear, this whole deal was so uninteresting. Why even tease and announce Uncanny if you're going to not reveal anything with it? At least tell us part of the cast and the creative group... Like, it felt like such a pointless panel.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

At the end of the day I blame Aarron for this demand for QQ...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Shame on me for actually expecting Marvel to actually bring in something interesting.

Aside from the news of Black in which Emma will appear, this whole deal was so uninteresting. Why even tease and announce Uncanny if you're going to not reveal anything with it? At least tell us part of the cast and the creative group... Like, it felt like such a pointless panel.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I actually dig the slow reveals! I like the thrill of, now knowing that uncanny will return, speculating about the creative team, guessing the cast...
    I love it when they do those cast reveals in blank images, like way back in Regenesis, after Schism! It's much more exciting than giving it all away at once!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If you think Shulkie's look is lready bad enough, just wait 'til you see how disastrously Aaron writes her...
    Oh my gosh, so THIS! I'm so disappointed with how she's being written. It's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I actually dig the slow reveals! I like the thrill of, now knowing that uncanny will return, speculating about the creative team, guessing the cast...
    I love it when they do those cast reveals in blank images, like way back in Regenesis, after Schism! It's much more exciting than giving it all away at once!
    I agree with this too. I do tend to miss the days of being surprised by what happened in each comic or getting some hints and spending weeks or months playing with all the ideas that might come to fruition in my head. I'm actually currently doing that for Uncanny, and it's fun. Last night, for instance, I did something I haven't done in years. I sat down with a notebook and pen and started writing down possible teams for Uncanny. I loved it!

By the way, I love that there are other Quentin Quire fans out there. I'm definitely a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post

I agree with this too. I do tend to miss the days of being surprised by what happened in each comic or getting some hints and spending weeks or months playing with all the ideas that might come to fruition in my head. I'm actually currently doing that for Uncanny, and it's fun. Last night, for instance, I did something I haven't done in years. I sat down with a notebook and pen and started writing down possible teams for Uncanny. I loved it!!
    OMG, I do that too. It IS fun!!!
    Sometimes, I use my heroclix pieces to visualize all the possible rosters more easily! LOL