Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Marvel doesn't have an Uncanny writer yet.
    That's why I think Bleeding Cool is wrong on this one, no way we get 2 months straight without main X-Men books. Sure, you could count red and astonishing and whatever this secret team book is...but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We had the biggest villian Magneto turn into an X-Man. The biggest female villain Emma turn into an X-Man, Juggernaut was one, and several times Sabretooth and Mystiue as well.

Then it seemed Bishop might become a villain but it did not.

They kind of ruined Sinister and Apocalypse and killed off great potentials like Vulcan and Onslaught.

So besides Selene and Shadow King, the X-Men barely have real villains that are dangers for real.

And the villain teams are not on a much better place. Great villain teams like the Acoltes, Neo, MLF and Morlocks are gone and potentials like the Children of the Vault seem to be forgotten.
    This really is a problem but I can no longer imagine Emma or Magneto going back to their roots as villains and as the others are dead or are no longer regarded as true threats to the X-mens (like Sinister) what's the solution?

Create new villains?

Lately the Avengers have used mutant villains in their stories think the same could be applied in favor of the X-mens would be a good idea. Kang for example hates mutants and wants to get rid of them.

BANNED

https://www.reddit.com, Bleeding Cool Rumors for Marvel Comics SDCC 2018
    • X-Men Black has just been announced and Magneto is a part of the team, but the other members nor the creative team has been announced. More information will be given at SDCC. No word yet on the future of Cable.
    • Uncanny X-Men relaunch to be announced at SDCC but no creative team has been set. - BC.com, Magneto to Move Centre Stage With Cable? But What About Uncanny X-Men #1? ... Talking of which, while Uncanny X-Men may be announced this week at San Diego Comic-Con I am told to only expect a teaser as the full creative team has not been locked down yet. More as we hear it… if we hear it…
    • Old Man Logan will be ending with #50. - BC.com, Old Man Logan to Wrap With November’s 50th Issue? ... I am told to anticipate a final issue in November with Old Man Logan #50. But, as Old Man Hawkeye is planned to wrap as well, to look forward to more tales with those characters in that universe going forward…
    • OG Cyclops to return in eXtermination? - BC.com, Marvel’s Extinction Event To Send The Original Five X-Men Home? Find Out at San Diego ... As well as bringing back the adult Cyclops as has been teased, Bleeding Cool has been told by well-connected sources told that, yes, it’s the end of the line for the O5 – in this timeline anyway. ...

Ultimate Member

Well given how much and often they teased Jean coming back if anything Marvel would just tease the older Scott coming back a few times before he actually does years from now...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well given how much and often they teased Jean coming back if anything Marvel would just tease the older Scott coming back a few times before he actually does years from now...
    Wolverine was going for less than 4 years and Hulk and Black Widow not even a year. Xavier returned without being teased. The same could happen with Cyclops. Having the O5 going back means no Cyclops at the X-books and since he is a big character and there is A phoenix movie on the way I doupt Marvel won't do something.

Ultimate Member

Then again though Scott was THE big character for several years and his death was in a big crossover and all and so his being dead makes far more sense, besides Marvel did it's best to crap on Xavier even before his death and then after it, and teen Scott will be around for several more months so it's not like they're not doing anything...and if being in a movie would bring them back then Jean would have been back years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So besides Selene and Shadow King, the X-Men barely have real villains that are dangers for real.
    Love her or hate her, but I think Cassandra Nova is a real threat
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

They should bring back Vulcan.

He has it all the be the arch nemesis of the X-Men.

Big character, with lots of powers, a real leader, a good reason to want to destroy the X-Men, sexy and family of 2 of the X-Men

I don't really get the desire for Uncanny to return tbh. The adjectives for the core books have always been so arbitrary. If we're to have multiple core books, I wish the titles would be more descriptive. If we just had one 'X-Men' title, then I'd like Uncanny to be it, but otherwise I don't care. Just a thought.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Jordan D White teasing Bishop and possibly Jubilee(Or Sage) appearing in a secret upcoming X-book that has not been announced yet.https://twitter.com/hashtag/XMenMonday?src=hash

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    They should bring back Vulcan.

He has it all the be the arch nemesis of the X-Men.

Big character, with lots of powers, a real leader, a good reason to want to destroy the X-Men, sexy and family of 2 of the X-Men
    Well they'd have to remember that Alex is actually a member of the Summers family first, Corsair was dead, came back to life and came to Earth and got teen Scott and then went and had a bunch of adventures together before returning him back to Earth, and in all of that as far as I know he didn't even say hi to Alex or let him know that he was alive...

Vulcan would be fun.

Cullen Bunn wrote such a great magneto on his solo. I would love for him to write xmen black

Bunn's already confirmed he's not on Black.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Cyclops does come back, he shouldn't become the only focus of the entire line again. There are plenty of stories to tell with other characters.

Ultimate Member

Maybe that's one reason that he's not back yet, they're focusing the line on other characters instead of him...