Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Games You'd Like To See Return

Whether it's games that never got a sequel and/or remake or game series that haven't had a new entry in a long time, list games you'd like to see a follow up on.

For me:

Okami: brilliant design and gameplay as well as writing.

Bloody Roar: I played Bloody Roar 4 first and found I enjoyed it very much. It has quite a unique hook for a fighting game and I'd like to see more of it.

Ninja Gaiden: Really liked the first two Xbox games and hope to play as Ryu as well as Momiji, Rachel and Ayane again.

Godhand: I did enjoy the combat even if the humour wasn't to my taste.

Heavenly Sword: one of Ninja Theory's best games.

Darkstalkers: I know it's niche, but I do hope Capcom takes another chance on this franchise.

BANNED

Jade Empire. and single player Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic. And Mass Effect and Dragon Age too while we're at it.

Alpha Protocol was an unrefined gem.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Mighty Member

Skies of Arcadia - It doesn't need to be a sequel, just re-make it for the current gen systems so that more people experience this awesome RPG.

Xenogears - I really want to see this game re-made for current gen systems too.

Spectacular Member

I would love to see F-Zero return. We currently know its main racer, Captain Falcon, more for Super Smash Bros. than we do for F-Zero. Heck, I think he's also been in more SSB games than in F-Zero games.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Jade Empire. and single player Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic. And Mass Effect and Dragon Age too while we're at it.
    Well, DA4 is supposed to be in some form of development already. So we're getting that, failing cancellation (who knows with EA anymore).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Well, DA4 is supposed to be in some form of development already. So we're getting that, failing cancellation (who knows with EA anymore).
    I don't think Bioware is going to survive Anthem.

I don't think Bioware is going to survive Anthem.
    People who have gotten to play it have generally enjoyed it. It's problem is it doesn't play to Bioware's core audience. So, who knows? Maybe we'll get an idea from Fallout 76.

I'd like to see another Kingdoms of Aamalur. I know they tried to sell the property, but Shilling didn't think the offer(s) was high enough.

BANNED

People who have gotten to play it have generally enjoyed it.
    That doesn't really matter.
    Like you say, Bioware's core audience isn't going to bother with a game like this, and people who do like games like this already have games like this they're heavily invested in.

Nevermind that nobody in his right mind is going to shell out for an EA service game after their two Star Wars fiascos.

I'd say Dead Space but EA will doubtless gut it and turn its corpse into a shoddy money-grubbing mobile game sometime in the next couple of years. Their shameless greed is the real Red Marker.

Hmmm...maybe No One Lives Forever. I miss that one. Just a really well-designed mission-based shooter with a cracking retro spy story underpinning it and a winning sense of humour. Surprisingly feminist-friendly, too, in ways that went smoothly at the time but would no doubt upset the G@m3rg@tors of today, which is just another good reason to bring it back, even if the sequel wasn't quite so neat (maybe I just didn't like the different voice actress for Cate). That said, following the demise of Sierra, I'm given to understand the publishing rights are in limbo, with both WB and Activision having a claim. Neither of them are all that interested in pursuing anything with the IP, but both are willing to kick up a legal fuss if they think the other is making a move on it. It was enough to prevent a remaster of the first game releasing on GOG when it was 99% done (and already had at least informal approval from both parties).

On a maybe more positive note: Mach Rider. It's one of those few old Nintendo properties that didn't wind up turning into a decades-long series, and hasn't gotten a Punch-Out Wii or Kid Icarus Uprising-style revival in recent years. If nothing else, the premise of a Mad Max dystopia starring a guy with a high-tech battle motorcycle who can disassemble his body like it's made of Lego is pretty distinctive and not at all like anything else the company's currently doing.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

That doesn't really matter.
    Like you say, Bioware's core audience isn't going to bother with a game like this, and people who do like games like this already have games like this they're heavily invested in.
    With that logic, they might as well not bother with Dragon Age. Since there's no shortage of medieval RPGs and people apparently only play one game. Someone should probably tell Blizzard that their core audience only plays RTS games and other people have plenty of MMOs and FPS games to choose from. They'll be doomed if they branch out.

They'll be fine. The reception for Anthem has been extremely positive so far, especially since E3. And I'm sure their core audience isn't comprised of people who only like one video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    With that logic, they might as well not bother with Dragon Age. Since there's no shortage of medieval RPGs and people apparently only play one game. Someone should probably tell Blizzard that their core audience only plays RTS games and other people have plenty of MMOs and FPS games to choose from. They'll be doomed if they branch out.

They'll be fine. The reception for Anthem has been extremely positive so far, especially since E3. And I'm sure their core audience isn't comprised of people who only like one video game.
    I have no idea how Anthem will do, but there's a difference between single-player games and online multiplayer that's different than genre differences. I can enjoy a single-player game that only sells 1000 copies, even if I buy it years later. An online multiplayer that undersells at launch may have trouble getting early traction, and without a big enough player base it's doomed.

And the time a player puts into just one multiplayer game can dwarf the time they put into multiple single-player games. Even for dedicated players, they're going to have to make decisions about what games are worth their time. If the market gets glutted with multiplayer, anything that isn't on fire out of the gate will be screwed.

And Bioware will need to make a good chunk of sales outside their normal customer base. Bioware is a refuge for a lot of players who only play single-player games. That doesn't mean they can't make multiplayer, but it does mean they need to draw in new players to make up for the core fans who won't buy Anthem.

In any case, if it's good it will probably find success. At least for a while. But the concerns people have, while often hyperbolic, are not unfounded.
    Last edited by Tuck; 07-04-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Jak and Daxter and prince of Persia.

Phantasy Star, Nightmare Creatures, Legacy of Kain, Parasite Eve.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I have no idea how Anthem will do, but there's a difference between single-player games and online multiplayer that's different than genre differences. I can enjoy a single-player game that only sells 1000 copies, even if I buy it years later. An online multiplayer that undersells at launch may have trouble getting early traction, and without a big enough player base it's doomed.

And the time a player puts into just one multiplayer game can dwarf the time they put into multiple single-player games. Even for dedicated players, they're going to have to make decisions about what games are worth their time. If the market gets glutted with multiplayer, anything that isn't on fire out of the gate will be screwed.

And Bioware will need to make a good chunk of sales outside their normal customer base. Bioware is a refuge for a lot of players who only play single-player games. That doesn't mean they can't make multiplayer, but it does mean they need to draw in new players to make up for the core fans who won't buy Anthem.

In any case, if it's good it will probably find success. At least for a while. But the concerns people have, while often hyperbolic, are not unfounded.
    ME3's multiplayer was active for years (at least until Andromeda's release. Haven't checked since then) and SWTOR is still going 7 years later with another expansion on the way. Bioware obviously has an audience that isn't adverse to MP games. Whatever other problems Anthem may or may not have, that won't be one of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    ME3's multiplayer was active for years (at least until Andromeda's release. Haven't checked since then) and SWTOR is still going 7 years later with another expansion on the way. Bioware obviously has an audience that isn't adverse to MP games. Whatever other problems Anthem may or may not have, that won't be one of them.
    ME3 multiplayer was 100% skippable (thank the godess), and SWtOR is not a game EA is particularly happy about financially.