Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If they can make a paper roleplaying game on that, they can make a video game.
    Mages in the pen & paper RPG didn't have spell lists and such like mages from other games. They could make up any kind of effect covered by their areas of expertise.

That aside from there not being any kind of comparison between even the most sophisticated computer game and the most limited pen&paper game when it comes towards player character options in any given situation.

Nights Into Dreams
    Phantasy Star
    Phantasy Star Online
    Wizardry
    Syphon Filter
    Red Baron
    Actraiser
    Lionhead's Black and White
    Lucasarts' Afterlife
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered for the current generation of consoles. With all the remasters going around I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened yet. It would help people forget about Andromeda, which in fairness had potential to be a great game but just got released too early, and generate excitement for whatever comes next from Bioware after Dragon Age IV.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Phantasy Star Online
    For what it's worth, Phantasy Star Online 2 was released a couple of years ago and is still quite active in Japan, though it irks me that they never officially brought it over to the West since it looks great and has crossover events Final Fantasy XIV and homage DLC in games like Gravity Rush/Daze 2.

Phantasy Star Nova came out as a single player version of that style of game on the Vita around that same time, and was pretty great as well. Fortunately it didn't need to connect to any Japan-only servers, so I had little problem playing it, though I did need a bit of an online guide since my Japanese skills are only rudimentary, at best.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

That bring said, I'd love to see remake of the first 4 Phantasy Star games, especially the first three, since they need some major structural changes to bring our their full potential while 4 really only needs minor tweaks to add a tiny bit more polish to what is already a masterpiece (like more convenient menues, and possibly revamping vehicle combat to fit the story better, maybe to something more in the vain of Skies of Arcadia's random ship battles with some special monsters hidden through the worlds). I'm not sure that I want to see the series continued, since it ended in a way that wrapped up the story of Algol perfectly, but I'd love to see a spiritual sequel to the feel and gameplay of the OG Phantasy Star games.

Ristar
    Beyond Oasis
    Panzer Dragoon, especially Sagas.

Valkyria Revolution. Yes, it's a relatively new game, but if they fixed the pacing and tweaked the gameplay (maybe use Shining Resonance's melee system and made Ally commands take place instantly instead of in real time), and it would have been far better received as an Action RPG. If they add those tweaks, I'd love to see a sequel.

On a similar note, Shining Resonance needs to add fast travel, and to borrow Persona's dating sim and costume mechanics (and then get whoever designed the costumes of NPCs like Stella, Fernando, and that Knight Captain dude to make costumes for the main characters as well), with Valkyria Revolution's palette system for issuing commands and using items in battle. They should probably bring Bandai-Namco in on this as well, since at that point your basically making a full on Tales of the Shining Resonance.

Legend of Dragoon deserves a remake. That game was so well done and quite underrated for its time.

I really hope Sony brings back the MAXIMO series eventually. I loved the first two games on the PS2 and would love a new game in the series (as well as an HD remake of the first two!). Make it happen Sony!!!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Shadow of Memories/Shadow Of Destiny reimagining. For those who never played the original on PS2 it’s basically a solve your own murder game with time travel to save yourself, with lots of wacky time paradoxes and evil genies and the philosophers stone. It was a self contained game but I would love to see a new take on it from Konami, who desperately needs something decent now.

Time Splitters. On the original Xbox me and my friends use to play time splitters 2 for hours on end and never get tired of it.

Summoner and Summoner 2 - another installment or remakes

Resident evil outbreak - without the infuriating controls and extremely linear paths through levels

Toejam and Earl

Zombies ate my neighbors

Kessen 2

X-Men Legends

Conflict Desert Storm

-Earthworm Jim
    -Vectorman
    -Wizards and Warrirors
    -Fighting Vipers
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Oh and Mickey Mouse - Castle of Illusion

Well, my easy answer would have been City of Heroes, but that has now already come true.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    Well, my easy answer would have been City of Heroes, but that has now already come true.
    For a brief and shining moment........
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Burnout and Blur