Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Official Speed Ranking of DC Heroes & Villains (DC Nation #2)

Joshua Williamson gave the Top 10 fastest beings in the current continuity.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 07-04-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Mighty Member

I don't think that Superman should be above the Black Racer, but the rest looks decent.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    https://imgur.com/S1p07oI

Joshua Williamson gave the Top 10 fastest beings in the current continuity.

Discuss.
    Interesting. I wish we had a better image. I would like to read the captions.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Interesting. I wish we had a better image. I would like to read the captions.
    Here you go.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I hate Superman being ridiculously fast he and Wonder Womand should be the last ones.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

That's pretty cool. I IIke how Williamson gives reasons for their ranking which includes other aspects besides just pure speed but also individual characteristics.

Yeah my boy Wally is number 1. Lol.

I think they got Barry's caption box mixed up with something else.

And I think wonder woman and cheetah should be way lower. WW I sent exactly known for her speed unless she has something like the sandals of Hermes to give her a boost. And cheetahs are fast but not supernaturally so.

But still very cool list.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I hate Superman being ridiculously fast he and Wonder Womand should be the last ones.
    No, especially not below Shazam.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

And I think wonder woman and cheetah should be way lower. WW I sent exactly known for her speed unless she has something like the sandals of Hermes to give her a boost.
    Complete rubbish, the Sandals of Hermes don't amp speed at all and Wonder Woman had anyways the Speed of Hermes on her own as she used the sandals.

And of course is Wonder Woman known for her speed, did you just sleep for the several last decades?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    And cheetahs are fast but not supernaturally so.
    Cheetah is a supernatural Cheetah empowered by a God.

But i find it pretty interessting that you start with strong Wonder Woman and Cheetah lowballing, while Superman is above the god-damn Black Racer.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:48 AM.

I mean, part of Wonder Woman's tagline is "Swifter than Mercury."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    No, especially not below Shazam.
    Forgot about him being there but those 3 should be the slowest ones.

I like that list. The only thing I would change is put BR above Superman. Superman should be faster than all others except the Flashes and their OP enemies like RF.

Poor Wallace at the bottom of the list, even if Williamson acknowledges he has the potential to be faster. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he feels really self-conscious when Bart comes back and proves to be faster then he is.

Having Wonder Woman on this list feels kind of weird. Not that I don't think she can be super-fast, but writers hardly ever emphasize her speed for the most part, though she generally has rapid reflexes. Although even the description just says she's high up because she's a trained runner, rather then because of her natural abilities.

Has Cheetah been depicted with impressive super-speed in the comics recently? I can only recall cartoons depicting her with speed on par with The Flash.

I think Black Racer should be above Superman and closer to the Flashes. Between Thawne, Wally, Barry, and Black Racer it should be neck-and-neck. Not with Superman in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Wallace at the bottom of the list, even if Williamson acknowledges he has the potential to be faster. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he feels really self-conscious when Bart comes back and proves to be faster then he is.
    Yeah, he needs to get in line when there is Bart, Irey and even Jesse as the top contender. The same thing was said for them too ("they can be the fastest when they realize their full power" etc. etc.). I also noticed the lack of Avery as well.

Has Cheetah been depicted with impressive super-speed in the comics recently? I can only recall cartoons depicting her with speed on par with The Flash.
    She could tag Barry back in New 52 and before that she had superspeed thanks to an affair with Hunter.

I think Black Racer should be above Superman and closer to the Flashes. Between Thawne, Wally, Barry, and Black Racer it should be neck-and-neck. Not with Superman in my opinion.
    I agree.

I also found it interesting that Eobard's weakness is a similar weakness Wally carried back in Mark Waid run. The only difference is that Wally overcame that limit while Thawne couldn't.

Mighty Member

Having Wonder Woman on this list feels kind of weird. Not that I don't think she can be super-fast, but writers hardly ever emphasize her speed for the most part, though she generally has rapid reflexes. Although even the description just says she's high up because she's a trained runner, rather then because of her natural abilities.

Cheetah the last time in New52 as she also transformed Superman into another Cheetah and WW just theoretically very recently against amped Supergirl, but i see that list also as a possible sign that DC maybe finally stops ignoring Wonder Woman'd and especially Cheetah's super-speed that often, i mean they also learned that completely depowering her is a very stupid idea, after they pretty much tried it with Superman too.

I completely agree with that.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Why? Superman is historically the only hero who could match Flash.

It's called SUPERspeed for a reason. Superman was fast before Flash was even a concept.