Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    And factually in practically the entire span of the Silver Age, Superman was as fast as the Flash, and nobody thought that made the Flash worthless.
    As an old Bronze-Age reader, I always felt Flash should be the fastest, but Supes close. IMO, Clark should own the strength list and be near the top for everything else.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The way I look at it is that The Flash, when he gets serious, can eclipse Superman speed-wise, but Superman, when he's serious and really pushes himself, can get close to that speed if not exactly at it.

At their base speed they should probably be neck-and-neck.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    They way you put that makes it seem like every character is worthless to superman.

Like I said,he is the benchmark,and not just for speed,but for strength,intelligence,etc.

A human getting to superman's level in any category is a huge accomplishment,and it means they are probably the top of their skillset category.

Kon93

It's like having 2 athletes,1 is a runner and trains like a runner,the other is a decathlon,and trains in many areas and doesn't just focus in one thing.thats why I think they should be around the same speed,but the flash uses speed exclusively,while superman uses it as a complimentary ability to other abiliites,not just speed.

Btw the flash family is not JUST runners,theybactually have more powers than most super beings now.martian manhunter is well known for having tons of powers,but If we say down and added up all the speed force abilities they can accomplish they could probably match him.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    These days Superman just isn't in Flash's class when it comes to speed. He's a tier or two down
    Did they downgrade his speed from Alpha class? He and WW were rated A2 in superspeed prior to Flashpoint/new 52

Obviously Flash would be A1

Astonishing Member

No martian manhunter?
    Lightray?

BANNED

Where is Impulse?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Just because you are good at science doesn't make you the most powerful. This is a classic STEM vs Arts debate. Both have their own strengths but motivation is always going to trump over logic in my opinion. (since even science requires motivation to work out)

Um faith and friendship is an essential part of shonen mangas. Especially in modern age where manga gained so much popularity worldwide, it's been hammered home over and over again that love and faith trumps all. You may not like it but this isn't anything new.

Besides manga, this isn't anything new for Flash comics either. Ever since Speed Force is introduced, the science aspect of Flash is cut out. Lightning rods etc. are proof of that. We had Wally beating Thinker by the sheer force of will in Johns series and your argument sounds a lot like how Thinker responded to defeat. Johns himself said in that run that intelligence wasn't what made Flash into a hero (at least for Wally).

Barry is never going to (and shouldn't) be the fastest man alive. From storytelling point Wally is the student who surpassed his teacher and you can't come back from that. Wally will be succeeded by Bart and Wallace later on and that's how it is going to roll. (even though i doubt we will reach to that point but that's another topic)

Barry doesn't need the title anyways. He's the legend and the patriarch of family.

I personally hope that they make this ranking (by speed but who follows who): Jay-Barry-Wally-Bart-IRIS WEST II

Based on speed:

1. Bart (but IRIS WEST II has the potential to be on top of the list)
    2. Wally West
    3. Barry Allen
    4. Jay

I personally dont like the new Wallace West..
    Iris West II showed new Powers which NO other Flash had as she was controlled..
    And she is simply the daughter of Wally, so she is related to an original AND she has new powers and she is just cute and funny like bart was..

I hope that they dont make Impulse slower than Wallace West..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Where is Impulse?
    It depends do you mean:

Impulse,Kid Flash,Red Flash,Titans of tomorrow Flash?

They should have different speed levels-lets not forget that Pre-Flashpoint Bart as Kid Flash was shot in the leg and was therefore slower because of the artifical knee..

But I think TITANS OF TOMORROW Flash would be on top of the list, while Impulse could be in the middle (because he is just small and therefore has short legs etc. so a disadvantage)

So Superman actually beats Flash in today's Superman Up In the sky 4.

While acknowledging Flash is still faster than him, mind you.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    So Superman actually beats Flash in today's Superman Up In the sky 4.

While acknowledging Flash is still faster than him, mind you.
    Yeah, Supes powers just too dynamic, I mean there are characters with long runs and have many writers writing them, But few characters was like Superman that strength always fluctuating
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

...Was this race for charity?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Was this race for charity?
    Basically, Yes, But there only Superman knows, Because Lex keeps it in secret untill after the match, Superman has Super-hearing makes he knew lex plan, but his integrity not allows him to asking flash to lose
    https://postimg.cc/18MrzyJs
    https://postimg.cc/4HCz0yNb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 10-02-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Basically, Yes, But there only Superman knows, Because Lex keeps it in secret untill after the match, Superman has Super-hearing makes he knew lex plan, but his integrity not allows him to asking flash to lose
    https://postimg.cc/18MrzyJs
    https://postimg.cc/4HCz0yNb
    That face plus the sweat around superman does not look flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That face plus the sweat around superman does not look flattering.
    Yes, Supes only at the last few pages outracing flash and winning the match, That is why I said his powers always too dynamic......