Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That face plus the sweat around superman does not look flattering.
    The man is putting in his all. This was fantastic. Better than the "i leave people you in the dust" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The man is putting in his all. This was fantastic. Better than the "i leave people you in the dust" thing.
    Agree, totally.

I see the “logic” of having the fastest Flash faster than Superman for planet bound feats...but some of the portrayals seem almost designed to make Superman look bad.

My own gut feelings is that if you make full strength Flash so much faster than Superman that he can actually beat Superman in a one on one fight on speed alone (i.e. so much faster that advantages of flight, vision powers, strength, invulnerability don’t make Superman obvious winner)...then the two characters are being written incorrectly.

And yes..I know that’s a completely subjective opinion.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 10-04-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That face plus the sweat around superman does not look flattering.
    I thought Superman only sweat if there were some magical environmental heat or something

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I thought Superman only sweat if there were some magical environmental heat or something
    He sweats when the writer feels like it.

Fantastic Member

Superman Up In the Sky is non-canon btw, so the race is pretty meaningless.

Also it's better that it's not-canon tbh, because in the same book, Superman gets knocked out by a World War 2 mortar shell.

Nothing but the best from Tom King.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post

Also it's better that it's not-canon tbh, because in the same book, Superman gets knocked out by a World War 2 mortar shell.

So? Goldenage guy used to get hurt by things like that. The time frame hasn't been specified for the two events in the issue .

I think the list is decent enough. I could nitpick a couple things (is Shazam really that much slower than even Diana?) but generally it looks "right" for the most part. The fact that Wally's #1 makes me very damn happy.

But no Bart? Come on, he's gotta be on that list somewhere.

I'm satisfied with Clark's placement, and I actually like that he's just ahead of the Black Racer. Superman does the impossible; of course he can outrun death!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think the list is decent enough. I could nitpick a couple things (is Shazam really that much slower than even Diana?) but generally it looks "right" for the most part. The fact that Wally's #1 makes me very damn happy.

But no Bart? Come on, he's gotta be on that list somewhere.

I'm satisfied with Clark's placement, and I actually like that he's just ahead of the Black Racer. Superman does the impossible; of course he can outrun death!
    I don't think Bart was officially back by the time they did this illustration.

If he was, he would probably be between The Flash's and Reverse-Flash.

Incredible Member

if they are counting black racer , wouldn't someone like lightray from new gods count ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Bart was officially back by the time they did this illustration.

If he was, he would probably be between The Flash's and Reverse-Flash.
    Oh, I thought this was new. Okay, that makes sense then.

Yeah, Lightray should be included here. I'm sure if we did some thinking we'd probably find a few characters who should be, but got overlooked.

Still, Wally got #1 and Clark has a solid position right behind the major speedsters, so I'm cool.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

They probably used Black Racer instead of Lightray because he's raced The Flash before and for the "running from death" symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post

This is some battleboard nonsense. Also that was not due to a mortar, please read through the book.

Incredible Member

Useless chart. Why? Here's why, IMO:

Superman should be the slowest of the group. His power is bound by the laws of physics of the DCU, not by "magic", or "pure energy".

Ahead of him would be the godly-empowered bunch, with Black Racer in the lead, followed by Wonder Woman, then Shazam, then Cheetah, all whom are empowered by their gods, and are avatars.

Then you have those empowered by the Speed Force, like the Flash Family, Godspeed and so forth.

Now, this isn't to say that any number of them can't increase their speed. Other factors, including training, can take things up a notch. But the back half of the bunch are not "speedsters", while the front half are. Just saying...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    So Superman can't be the top guy in anything? What's the point of the character then? He is not Superman, he is AVERAGEman.

Maybe Hawkman should outfly him because it's his thing then? Ooh, let's make him weaker than anyone else who has superstrength because it's their thing?

What's Superman's thing? Getting beat up so others can shine?
    This is silly. Superman isn't "Superman" just because of his power-set. If he was defined by his power-set, then he would be "Averageman" simply because there are others who have similar power-sets.

No, Superman is Superman because he is a good man who can do the impossible: to inspire others to use their gifts to protect others from harm's way. Or, as Maz Landis would say, "Clark is just a good guy from Kansas who has no tragic back-story to inspire him to be a champion of Justice." No other character is like that, which is why Superman is the best character of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    This is silly. Superman isn't "Superman" just because of his power-set. If he was defined by his power-set, then he would be "Averageman" simply because there are others who have similar power-sets.

No, Superman is Superman because he is a good man who can do the impossible: to inspire others to use their gifts to protect others from harm's way. Or, as Maz Landis would say, "Clark is just a good guy from Kansas who has no tragic back-story to inspire him to be a champion of Justice." No other character is like that, which is why Superman is the best character of them all.
    You got it wrong. Max Landis said "superman is the guy from kansas who got the best superpowers. He is unstoppable". Don't twist words to suit your narrative. Superman is "the man of tomorrow". He can do anything any man can imagine and then some. That is the core of the silverage guy.