Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I think people over thinking the speed thing other than Barry and Wally everyone does not matter.Here is why in real life Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin are obviously faster than everyone but just a second which is enough to be clearly faster .

Everyone else is half seconds slow than each other which makes the topic of their speed a wash they are all general on the same level. Only Barry and Wally are in a different tier of speed meaning they are only two expected to put separation between themselves in a contest of speed.

If Superman and Shazan race and Superman slightly wins that is expected. If Wally and Barry race Shazam you don't expect it to be close . It is nice to have a list of speed something more tiered would have been more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's made up his mind. I don't think you'll get through to him. Nevermind that Wallace was Wally, who was initially much slower than Barry during his years as Kid Flash. Bart was the outlier.
    Well, to be frank, Wally wasn't THAT slower than Barry as Kid Flash. He only got slower when he was hit by anti matter at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths. After that he had to improve himself.

Bart is Barry's grandson so he was a prodigy from the get go, not a fair comparison.

This Wallace dude is an inconsistent mess from head to toe ever since he was introduced, they should be glad he ranked at all.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Well, to be frank, Wally wasn't THAT slower than Barry as Kid Flash. He only got slower when he was hit by anti matter at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths. After that he had to improve himself.

Bart is Barry's grandson so he was a prodigy from the get go, not a fair comparison.

This Wallace dude is an inconsistent mess from head to toe ever since he was introduced, they should be glad he ranked at all.
    My point is that Wallace, as a version of Wally, would naturally drag a bit in his rookie years compared to the older generation. It has nothing to do with anything other than being a young Wally West or Kid Flash. Bart was an exception to the rule, and that kid was all talent no brain for a minute. Wallace being in the top ten given the current landscape of the DCU is actually not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My point is that Wallace, as a version of Wally, would naturally drag a bit in his rookie years compared to the older generation. It has nothing to do with anything other than being a young Wally West or Kid Flash. Bart was an exception to the rule, and that kid was all talent no brain for a minute. Wallace being in the top ten given the current landscape of the DCU is actually not bad.
    Wallace is no longer a version of Wally. And to be honest, he doesn't deserve to be in top 10 at all.

Mighty Member

He doesn't deserve to be in top ten at due to certain folks due to some sort of bias BS. Yeah sure, Wallace started off problematic and inconsistent. But progression is FAR more important. And he's shown that. The saltiness for MY melanin Wally is quite humorous.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    He doesn't deserve to be in top ten at due to certain folks due to some sort of bias BS. Yeah sure, Wallace started off problematic and inconsistent. But progression is FAR more important. And he's shown that. The saltiness for MY melanin Wally is quite humorous.
    He's still an inconsistent character as the recent TT Special returned him back to rebellious phase again.

Face it, he's never going to be embraced by entire fandom like other speedsters. They could kill him in the next issue and reveal a new black kid flash and i wouldn't shed tears. His entire character is nothing and we're stuck with him because of unfortunate reasons.

Also his name is Wallace.

Mighty Member

He's still an inconsistent character as the recent TT Special returned him back to rebellious phase again.

Face it, he's never going to be embraced by entire fandom like other speedsters. They could kill him in the next issue and reveal a new black kid flash and i wouldn't shed tears. His entire character is nothing and we're stuck with him because of unfortunate reasons.

Also his name is Wallace.
    The fact that a fictional character brings out so many negative emotions out of you is sad. Sanctuary perhaps? And I also don't understand why you keep tabs on a character you don't even like. Plenty of Flash fans I've come across had warmed up to him. It's cool that you have a strong hatred for a minority character, that's okay. But keep that negative energy elsewhere. The kid has his fans and it'll most likely grow. Face it. Deal with it.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

The fact that a fictional character brings out so many negative emotions out of you is sad. Sanctuary perhaps? And I also don't understand why you keep tabs on a character you don't even like. Plenty of Flash fans I've come across had warmed up to him. It's cool that you have a strong hatred for a minority character, that's okay. But keep that negative energy elsewhere. The kid has his fans and it'll most likely grow. Face it. Deal with it.
    First, no personal attacks. Second you butted in my convo so I had a right to reply. Third I don’t give a **** about his color (which is all there is to him), he is a terrible character period (you didn’t reply to my arguments at all and dived into race thing which is what is actually sad)

And the last, you may like him and some may tolerate him but there is also a hatedom with rightful reasons. Deal with it and have a nice day.

Mighty Member

Before I got sidetracked by irrelevancy. I was thinking about why characters with light manipulation abilities are never mentioned in lists like this. I remember in a recent Justice League issue (Priest run I think?) Barry said told Ray that he was the only one here who can keep up with him.

Before I got sidetracked by irrelevancy. I was thinking about why characters with light manipulation abilities are never mentioned in lists like this. I remember in a recent Justice League issue (Priest run I think?) Barry said told Ray that he was the only one here who can keep up with him.
    If we're talking about light manipulation now, what about those who can teleport?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Outside top 10 doesn’t equate to “slow”!

And in general terms there have always been some non-speed force characters in top speed echelon..DC have been consistent over the years in that.
    I'm don't mean to refer to it as just slow, but there's a big difference then being in the top 10.

With that said, I'm not saying non speed force users shouldn't be in the top 10 (Unless there were 10 users that user the speed force.) But the speed force has been the go to universal energy point as "the" defacto method to grant you the highest end speed. Especially since wonder woman, shazam, and superman all have many other traits, the speed force was and should be the top of the line when it comes to speed, so if you have access to the speed force, that should put you above those that do not have access to the speed force.

I don’t get your point. Isn’t Wallace an editorial darling? Of anything, Avery is the one who got robbed on this list.

Bart is Barry’s blood relative, he will always have that in his favor.

Wondie and Cheetah are blessed by gods and they are more experienced.
    Editorial Preference? Haha, the only reason he was getting any traction is due to the tv show. Anyone who reads the flash or titan books know he regularly ever saves the day and is usually taken out of the fight in some way shape or form. With that said, both Avery and Wally got screwed from the list, just because one person was screwed doesn't mean another one wasn't screwed.

And I already addressed the wonder woman/cheetah comment in my statement above.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the fact that he's "Kid Flash" should be taken into account since it denotes that he's inexperienced and still growing as a Speedster.

And Bart is mostly known for being Impulse.

True, but these heroes are older (except for the case of Billy, who's in an older body) and have their own origin for having above-average speed.

They can't surpass Speedsters using the Speed Force but they can keep up with them.

The point isn't that Wallace is slower, it's that he's still growing as a Speedster.
    But that goes back to my original point. It's this idea that because he's a kid, that somehow means he won't be able to compete in higher ends of the spectrum. Nevermind the fact that you have 10 year piano players that blow away 40 year olds with 3 times the amount of experience, artist who's are 18 years old that shock the concept art industry, so forth and so on.

So that's what I mean, it's not some predetermine factor that because he's a kid, he has to be considered slower. The writers choose for him to be run of the mill when it comes to the speed force. They could have easily have him be as someone who's talented in the speed force. Hell, they did that on the show, Wally was still a newb and inexperience in the speed force, but because of his talent was faster than Barry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Outside top 10 doesn’t equate to “slow”!

And in general terms there have always been some non-speed force characters in top speed echelon..DC have been consistent over the years in that.
    I don’t get your point. Isn’t Wallace an editorial darling? Of anything, Avery is the one who got robbed on this list.

Bart is Barry’s blood relative, he will always have that in his favor.

Wondie and Cheetah are blessed by gods and they are more experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    But you're aware that Cheetah, Wonder Woman and Shazam are all technically empowered by the Godwave which is literally the source of the Speedforce, right?
    Wait what? They are all blessed from the "Gods", they weren't given straight from the source of the Godwave

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Going over this thread, the main thing that stands out is that each character's speed level is carved in stone... until management decides to change it down the road, anyway.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectacular Member

Just my 2 cents on this thread, but I'd point out that although the Speed Force has the potential to grant the highest end speed, that doesn't mean everyone connected to it can tap the full potential. I mean, even among Speed Force users you got some who are slower than others. It's not exactly a new idea that Barry or Wally are faster than Jay(who's age has started to slow him down a bit) and Jesse Quick. So the idea that Kid Flash might not be quite as fast as say, Superman, who is really fast, doesn't seem all that weird.

Besides, the comment basically says that with time he could definitely move up the list, and mentioned that Godspeed was probably higher up when he first appeared, so these aren't fully set in stone for the rest of time. It's literally just a ranking of who is faster right now.